Archive for the ‘Installation’ Category
Thursday, July 5th, 2018
Article source: IZABELA BOŁOZ
Intersections is an open and versatile furniture collection consisting of several geometric modules. As each shape slides into the other, like two combs, form and color meet and interweave. Together the shapes create sculptural urban installations or play sculptures that can function both as a place to sit and relax as well as a place for spontaneous play.
Image Courtesy © Izabela Boloz
- Architects: IZABELA BOŁOZ
- Project: Intersections
- Location: Gdynia, Poland
Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Article source: pbaa – piano b architetti associati
“Di Ponte in Bianco” is a temporary public art installation designed for the event “Aperti per Ferie 2016” organized by the cultural association Open City Roma. “Aperti per Ferie 2016” is part of the activities promoted by the municipality of Rome for the “Estate Romana”.
Image Courtesy © pbaa – piano b architetti associati
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018
Article source: Atelier YokYok
The idea comes from an air flow going through the entire apartment. The aim is to occupy the free space, above-ground, and cross over all the rooms. We want to guide the visitor bringing a continuity to the compartmentalized space of the showroom.
Image Courtesy © Atelier YokYok
- Architects: Atelier YokYok
- Project: Haute Tension
- Location: Paris, France
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Hand Drawing Sketch
Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
Article source: v2com
Located within a commercial complex, Go Orthodontistes clinic is accessible by a long hallway, which serves as a passageway between the exterior commercial complex and the carefully crafted universe that lies within.
In order to create a cohesive space of total design, it was necessary to conceive the interior space simultaneously with the elements of industrial design. The wood slats inform all interventions and the open layout, with its curved surfaces and reveals, mitigates confusion, favouring openness.
Image Courtesy © Maxime Brouillet
- Architects: Natasha Thorpe
- Project: Go Orthodontistes Brossard Clinic
- Location: Quartier Dix30, Brossard, QC, Canada
- Photography: Maxime Brouillet
- Client: Go Orthodontistes
- General Contractor: Avantage Plus
- Size: 1943 Square feet
- Year: 2017
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: Fumihiko Sano
This work was made for the exhibition, “Measuring: This much, That much, How much?” held at 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT from February 20th to May 30th, 2015.
I designed this in collaboration with MUJI, using their first furniture product, the steel shelving unit.
First, I began the project by discussing the importance of this steel shelving unit with the designers at MUJI to study what this product meant for them.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shima /Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON+Ryohin keikaku
- Project: Unit of MUJI
- Location: 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, Minato-ku,Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Daisuke Shima / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Construction: Fumihiko sano / studio phenomenon
- Site area: 13.40m²
- Completion: 2/2015
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Article source: Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture
Exhibition Kotaro Horiuchi 2014 “Fusionner 3.0”
From the 7th of May to the 10th of June 2014 there were the exhibit of Kotaro Horiuchi’s project called « Fusionner 3.0 » 2014 at Shukutoku University of Aichi’s gallery.
« Fusionner » comes from a French word meaning « to merge ». The architecture merge in the town just like renovations merge into inside space. Everything happens without imposing in the place. The most important thing is the inside of those places, the content with someone, or should we say, a group of people who will be actors of the activities that will take place in that space. To emphasise on those activities, the existence of architectural place or a place, which evolve smoothly, is necessary.
Image Courtesy © Kotaro Horiuchi, Chihiro Fujii
- Architects: Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture
- Project: Fusionner3.0-The air house
- Location: Aichi, Japan
- Photography: Issei MORI, Mitsuru NARIHARA Kotaro Horiuchi / Chihiro Fujii
- Program: Installation of the exhibition
- Surface: 50m2
- Completion date: 7th May 2014
- Design: Kotaro Horiuchi / KHA – Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture INC, Shohei Nishishita / KHA – Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture INC. O.D.
- Construction: KHA – Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture INC. + 25 students from Aichi Shukutoku University + 5 students from Meijyo University
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: La Biennale di Venezia
Vjenceslav Richter’s 1961 project exposé for the building of the Museum of the Revolution starts thus:
“The purpose and idea of this museum is to safeguard the truth about us. From this follows its extraordinary importance, which has found its confirmation in the assigned location.
Image Courtesy © Relja Ivanić
- Architects: La Biennale di Venezia
- Project: 14-14 Pavilion of the Republic
- Location: Serbia
- Photography: Relja Ivanić
- Organization: Museum of Applied Art Belgrade
- In cooperation with: Union of Architects of Serbia
- Under the auspices of: Ministry of Culture and Media of the Republic of Serbia
Tuesday, June 17th, 2014
Article source: Cooper Joseph Studio
This site-specific light sculpture marks a new era for the museum, igniting the majestic circular stair at the heart of its historic interior. Conceived as a perfect circle in elevation, the sculpture is in dialogue with the stair so that old and new are joined in one experience.
Image Courtesy © RUSH Design, Eduard Hueber/ArchPhoto Inc.
- Architects: Cooper Joseph Studio
- Project: Starlight
- Location: New York, U.S.A
- Photography: RUSH Design, Eduard Hueber/ArchPhoto Inc.
- Architect in Change: Wendy Evans Joseph, FAIA
- Lighting engineer: Studio 1Thousand
- Fabrication: RUSHdesign
Saturday, May 10th, 2014
Article source: Banker Wire
Metal Fabric Railing Creates Queue Area for Record-Setting Las Vegas Landmark
The world’s tallest observation wheel opened in Las Vegas on March 31. Railings featuring Banker Wire woven wire mesh guide visitors onto the 550-foot High Roller, which takes them on 30-minute rides high above the Las Vegas strip.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Manufacturer: Banker Wire
- Project: World’s Tallest Observation Wheel Features Banker Wire Mesh
- Location: Las Vegas, USA
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: UNStudio
As part of the‘RIBA Shanghai Windows Project 2014’ UNStudio was invited by China Xintiandi to create a gateway installation for the XintiandiStyle Retail Mall in Shanghai.
Located along Madang Road and framing the entrance to the mall, the project conceptually explores the role of display in Shanghai: the symbiotic relationship of cultural reflections that occur between the city’s occupants and the urban landscape.
Image Courtesy © Seth Powers
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Xintiandi Installation
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Seth Powers
- Client: China Xintiandi
- Programme: Temporary Installation
- Status: Realised March 2014
- UNStudio: Ben van Berkel, Hannes Pfau with Garett Hwang, Gil Greis, and Maya Alam
- Advisors: ARUP Shanghai – Structure
- Consultants: ARUP Shanghai Structure, China Majesty Structure Design Co
- Contractors: LANDZ Group
- Design Year: 2013-2014
- Construction Year: 2014
- Completion Date: March 25, 2014
- Opening: March 26, 2014
- Site Dimensions: 30m long by 3m wide
- Building Height: 2.7m high
- Substructure: Steel framing
- Envelope: inside surface: mirror stainless steel; outside surface: painted aluminum alloy