Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
Article source: A WORK OF SUBSTANCE
Against the dramatic vistas of Repulse Bay, the elegant lines of a sleek classic schooner become a timeless architectural landmark. Welcome to The Ocean as you’ve never seen it, a groundbreaking new restaurant and cocktail lounge designed top-to-toe by Substance.
Image Courtesy © Dennis Lo
- Architects: A WORK OF SUBSTANCE
- Project: The Ocean
- Location: 3/F The Pulse, 28 Beach Road, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
- Photography: Dennis Lo
- Client: Le Comptoir Group
- Area: 627 SQ.M.
- Completion: 2015
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
Article source: STUDIO ADR SPRL
Trautenberk Microbrewery is situated in the premises of the renovated Tippelt Lodge, later known as Hotel Družba. The building is located in the north-eastern part of the village Horní Malá Úpa, right next to the road leading to the border with Poland. The view from the building is onto Pomezní Hřeben and Malá Úpa river valley, and, next to the road, the ski runs in the nearby ski resort.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: STUDIO ADR SPRL
- Project: Trautenberk Microbrewery
- Location: horní malá úpa 87, malá úpa 542 27, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Author: adr s.r.o. Petr kolář, aleš lapka
- Co Author: jana zoubková, zuzana kubová
- Investor: pivovar trautenberk, a.s.
- Main Contractor: 3k stavby s.r.o.
- Time of Completion: 2016
- Time of Approval: 2017
Thursday, July 12th, 2018
Article source: party / space / design
The restaurant on the road with the family segment. Villa De Bear offers a uniquely prominent than a typical restaurant with the creation story of the teddy bear factory to merge with a European architecture.
Image Courtesy © Mr. Somchai Umnuaywerot
- Architects: party / space / design
- Project: Villa De Bear
- Location: Ratchaphruek Road, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Mr. Somchai Umnuaywerot
- Built Area: 474 SQ.M.
- Completion Date: 17 July 2015
Wednesday, July 11th, 2018
Article source: YOD Design Lab
BAO is a modern Chinese restaurant that embodies the atmosphere and energy of three megalopolises – Singapore, Hong Kong and New York. We used Asia and US Chinese restaurants as a guide for the new place. Thus, the idea of cosmopolitanism and cultural migration between the East and the West was represented. As far as our client designed this restaurant for Kyiv citizens, Chinese cuisine has been adapted to the food excesses of the Europeans.
Image Courtesy © Andrey Avdeenko
- Architects: YOD Design Lab
- Project: BAO Restaurant
- Location: 14, Mechnikova St., Kyiv, Ukraine
- Photography: Andrey Avdeenko
- Area: 600 m2
- Status: Realized in 2016
Wednesday, July 11th, 2018
Article source: Philippe Starck
A new and vibrant lifestyle design hotel by Philippe Starck will debut in Singapore. M Social Singapore has 293 rooms and thrives on an interplay of friendship, community and new experiences. It is built on the democratic premise of giving the best, while being affordable to the greatest number of people, particularly those with a millennial mindset.
Guided by these principles, Starck conceptualised the project as an avant-garde laboratory in the ever-evolving neighbourhood of Robertson Quay. “M Social is where all the elements of the world – including creativity, humour and love – come together in an explosion of energy to create the joy of today’s and tomorrow’s world. To me, it is a stage dedicated to creative people,” he said.
Throughout the project, the density and strength of raw concrete is balanced with the concept of immateriality by the use of multimedia projections and video screens.
Image Courtesy © Philippe Starck
- Architects: Philippe Starck
- Project: M Social Singapore
- Location: Singapore
Friday, July 6th, 2018
Article source: Foster + Partners
The Murray is a luxury 336-room hotel located on the southern edge of Central with panoramic views of The Peak and the gardens to the south. This major transformation of the listed building aims to reinvent this unique urban quarter – stitching together the urban fabric by linking the large green spaces flanking the site to the east and west.
Exterior view of the Murray at night from the Cotton Tree drive, Image Courtesy © Nigel Young / Foster+Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: The Murray Hotel
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Photography: Nigel Young, Michael Weber
- Client: The Murray Limited
- Team: Norman Foster, Luke Fox, Armstrong Yakubu, Colin Ward, Andy Lister, Stefano Cesario, Tim Dyer, Lawrence Wong, Won Suk Cho, Benjamin Stevenson, Carl Bonas, Amy Butler, Charlotte Gallen, Catt Godon, Manuela Guidarini, Tanja Heath, Abbie Labrum, Harry Twigg, Bong Yeung
- Collaborating Architect: Wong and Ouyang Architects HK Ltd.
- Structural Engineering: Wong and Ouyang Civil
- Cost Consultant: Rider Levett Bucknall
- Mechanical Engineers: Wong and Ouyang Building Services
- Landscape Consultant: Urbis
- Lighting Engineers: Tino Kwan Lighting
Friday, July 6th, 2018
Article source: Velvet Projects
Located near the center of Barbate (Cadiz ) , El Campero supposed to have an intense and thorough experience with the bluefin tuna trap . In the kitchen the king is tuna . .
Image Courtesy © Francis rosso
- Architects: Velvet Projects
- Project: El Campero
- Location: Cádiz, Spain
- Photography: Francis rosso
- Project Manager: José Ramon Losada
- Size: 270m2
Thursday, July 5th, 2018
Article source: f+f architectes
Located in Colmar, in the heart of the Alsace wine district, La Maison des Têtes (or House of Heads in english) is as historical and fully listed building completed in 1609, whose name stems from the 109 small head sculptures that ornate it’s renaissance style façade. This building, today a five star hotel with two restaurants, is one of the major sights in Colmar, and next to the Unterlinden Museum ( recently renovated by Herzog and De Meuron).
Image Courtesy © Camille Gharbi
- Architects: f+f architectes – Aurélie Fechter & Johan Fritzell
- Project: Boutique hotel la Maison des Têtes
- Location: Colmar, France
- Photography: Camille Gharbi, Gregory Massat
- Area: 2740 sqm.
- Project Year: 2016
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018
Article source: GASPARBONTA
Greek cuisine has been present in Hungary for decades now, mainly as a street food. These last few revolutionary years in Budapest gastronomy life highly anticipated the turn up of a bistro-bar style greek cuisine. MAZI (‘together’ in greek) is the mixture of this need, a family-style milieu, and graceful, greekish mood with the smell of the ocean, captured with the means of contemporary design, in the heart of Budapest.
Image Courtesy © Bálint Jaksa Photography
- Architects: GASPARBONTA
- Project: MAZI
- Location: Budapest, Hungary, Alkotmány utca 19.
- Photography: Bálint Jaksa Photography
- Assistant Designer: Orsolya Lőrincz
- Graphic Design: Réka Szabó
- Area: 100 sqm
- Year of Completion: 2016
Monday, July 2nd, 2018
Article source: WY-TO architects
‘Arborescence’ led by the developer Vinci Immobilier is the winning scheme of the international architectural competition ‘Imagine Angers’ on the exceptional site of Gambetta. At the fringe of the historical district and a new urban development, the site enjoys the tranquillity of the Maine river bank. The unique architectural identity of ‘Arborescence’ pays tribute to Angers’ historical heritage, merging the vibrant urban centre to the natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © WY-TO architects
- Architects: WY-TO architects
- Project: Arborescence
- Location: Angers, France
- Client: Vinci Immobilier
- Partners: Crespy & Aumont Architectes, MOZ Paysage, Even Structures, Johanson International
- Surface: 7,400 sqm
- Timeline: 05/2017 – 03/2018