Archive for the ‘Sports Hall’ Category
Tuesday, July 10th, 2018
Article source: SANGRAD + AVP
The concept of the Cultural – Educational Complex in Kajzerica has been deducted from a contextual inspiration: by shifting the direction of the buildings from the street of the old Kajzerica Neighbourhood, we get a public area and an extension of the urban space under a green canopy. The lifted classroom volume slabs are outdoing the access to the school yard, opening transparency, lucidity, continuity and relations within the site, metaphorically substituting crowns and shadows of the trees, freeing the public space and rendering an artificial forest merged with the authentic green surface.
Street view-2, Image Courtesy © Sandro Lendler
- Architects: SANGRAD + AVP
- Project: Educational Complex Kajzerica
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Photography: Sandro Lendler
- Lead Architects: Vedran Pedišić, prof. Emil Špirić, Erick Velasco Farrera, Juan Jose Nuñez Andrade
- Client: City of Zagreb
- Collaborators: Gordana Gregurić Miočić, Iva Marjančević Vuksanić, Mladen Hofmann Antonija Milovac
- Mechanical Engineering: Goran Tomek
- Gross Built Area: 16.220 m2
- Completion Year: 2014
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Article source: FaulknerBrowns LLP
Located at the heart of the historic Zuiderpark, the €50m sports campus is an innovative collaboration of alliances between education, sport, sport science and the community, for both the municipality of The Hague and its private partners: the Haagse Hogeschool and ROC Mondriaan.
Image Courtesy © FaulknerBrowns + Hufton+Crow
- Architects: FaulknerBrowns LLP
- Project: Sport Campus Zuiderpark
- Location: The Hague, Netherlands
- Photography: Scagliola Brakkee, Hufton+Crow, Arjen Schmitz
- Client: Municipality of The Hague, Haagse Hogeschool and ROC Mondriaan
- Executive Architects: ABT
- Structural Engineering: ABT
- Main Contractor: Ballast Nedam
- Project Manager: Alphaplan
- Construction Cost €50m
- Area 33,000m²
- Project Year 2017
Monday, April 23rd, 2018
Article source: Openbox Architects co.,ltd
– Architectural design
“The Line 101” has been created based on the key idea, “Living between the Line”. The expression, like in literature, refers to hidden, deeper meaning, beyond words, or visual appearances. Inspired by Davenport’s famous, modern painting, “The Waterfall”. The demographic group of residences, young, free, active and successful, are perceived as vertical stripes of colors, expressing themselves so lively, vividly and uniquely, to create a unique, dynamic work of art on the skyline of Sukhumvit.
Image Courtesy © Openbox Architects co.,ltd
- Architects: Openbox Architects co.,ltd
- Project: The Line Sukhumvit 101
- Location: Sukhumvit 101, Thailand
- Building Area: 43,968 sqm.
- Project Type: 37 Storey
- Completion: 2020
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Article source: sporadical
The new-build sports hall adjoins the Dolní Břežany primary school. It can be used by the school for physical education classes, and is open to the public for sports activities and as a cultural venue. Well integrated with its surroundings and the public space, its modern look is an attraction and inspiration for the area. The sports surface is 45 × 25 meters, and the grandstand provides seating for 250 spectators.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: sporadical
- Project: Dolní Břežany Sports Hall
- Location: Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- General Contractor: PKS stavby a.s.
- Collaborators: VPÚ DECO PRAHA a.s.
- Project Size: € 5.000.000
- Gross Area: 2130 m2
- Building Volume: 20 750 m3
- Site Size: 6500 m2
Thursday, February 15th, 2018
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
C.F. Møller and Tredje Natur present a new lower-secondary school building at Islands Brygge, which provides the framework for physical, sensory and experience-based learning, with special focus on food and movement.
COPENHAGEN: The New Islands Brygge School is taking shape between Islands Brygge’s vibrant city life and Amager Commons’ green countryside – a new school building for lower-secondary pupils, and with special focus on food and movement. The school building will accommodate a total of 784 pupils up to school-leaving age, as well as the school’s staff and a sports hall. The building will cover around 10,000 square metres, with outdoor areas of 4,000 square metres.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: New Islands Brygge School
- Location: Artillerivej 126, 2300 København S, Danmark
- Client: Københavns Kommune and Byggeri København (BYK)
- Conceptual building and landscape design: C.F. Møller Architects in collaboration with Tredje Natur
- Engineer: MT Højgaard
- Size: 9819 m2
- Year: 2016
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Soon to be one of Quebec’s most in-demand sports and entertainment destinations, Laval’s Place Bell is now officially open! The new home of the Laval Rocket – an American Hockey League (AHL) team affiliated with the Montreal Canadiens – Place Bell features a 10,000-seat arena with NHL-compliant ice rink that can easily transform into a performance amphitheatre. It also boasts a 2,500-seat Olympic speed and figure-skating arena, and a regular, 500-seat skating rink, both of which are accessible to the public and sports organizations.
Amphitheatre esplanade and entrance, Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: Lemay
- Project: A “Must-see\” Sports Arena: Design of Place Bell to Redefine Stadium Experience
- Location: Laval, Canada
- Photography: Adrien Williams
Friday, September 29th, 2017
Article source: NBJ Architectes
The challenge of building the Sports Hall Jean-Louis Trintignant in Uzès is to suggest a project that can work perfectly with the existing environment while creating optimal conditions allowing sports practice. The main focus is spot on the utility of the interior areas, as well as the lighting in order to offer comfort for both players and spectators.
Image Courtesy © NBJ Architectes
- Architects: NBJ Architectes
- Project: Sports Hall of the Jean-Louis Trintignant Middle School at Uzès
- Location: Uzès, France
- Software used: Revit
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Chiangmai Life Architects
Chiangmai Life Architect’s Bamboo Sports Hall for Panyaden International School combines modern organic design, 21st century engineering and a natural material – bamboo.
The design was based on the lotus flower as Panyaden International School is in Thailand and uses Buddhist teachings to infuse values into its academic curriculum and teach the underlying mechanisms of the human mind.
Image Courtesy © Markus Roselieb and Alberto Cosi
- Architects: Chiangmai Life Architects (Markus Roselieb, Tosapon Sittiwong)
- Project: Bamboo Sports Hall for Panyaden International School
- Location: Thailand
- Photography: Markus Roselieb, Alberto Cosi
- Engineers: Phuong Nguyen, Esteban Morales Montoya
- Client: Panyaden International School
- Built Area: 782 sqm
- Completion Year: 2017
- Budget: USD 300,000
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: ESTUDIO ARQUITECTURA CAMPO BAEZA
Designed for the campus of the Francisco de Vitoria University in Pozuelo (Madrid), the building houses a sports center and classroom complex. It includes the use of sports halls, multi-purpose rooms, a gymnasium, swimming pool, physiotherapy, etc. The sports complex can also be used as a large multi-purpose area and meeting hall, facilitating a range of university activities.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas
- Architects: ESTUDIO ARQUITECTURA CAMPO BAEZA
- Project: UNIVERSIDAD FRANCISCO DE VITORIA SPORTS CENTER
- Location: Carretera. Pozuelo-Majadahonda km 1.800, Pozuelo de Alarcón, MADRID
- Photography: Javier Callejas
- Client: Universidad Francisco de Vitoria
- Mechanical engineer: Úrculo Ingenieros
- Project Manager: Francisco Navarro, María Lamela, Francisco Armesto
- Contractor: Clásica Urbana (Jesús Díaz Poblaciones, Francisco Martínez Reche, Jorge Garriga, Mónica Grau)
- Function: Pabellón Polideportivo y Aulario (Sports center and classrooms)
- Collaborators architects: Ignacio Aguirre López, Alejandro Cervilla García, María Pérez de Camino Díez, Tommaso Campiotti, Miguel Ciria Hernández, Elena Jiménez Sánchez, Imanol Iparraguirre, María Moura
Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Article source: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Mix-use urban landmark, which includes a transportation centre, a retail hub, a neighbourhood with elegant double orientation apartments. The balanced Master Plan encourages social activities. Public facilities such as sports club, health & spa, restaurants, office space, residential space are all mixed in one ideal city model, an original example of XXI Century urbanity and life-style.
Image Courtesy © RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA