Article source: SAA arquitectura + territorio
The roost is a family-run cabin lodge located in the Andean foothills near San Fernando, in Chile’s central mountain range.
The presence of rivers and large canopies of peumo, quillay and oak forest constitute a natural environment with large ecological and landscape value, making this spot an important place for spotting birds such as the Burrowing parrot.
- Architects: SAA arquitectura + territorio
- Project: The Roost / Shangri-La Lodge
- Location: Puente Negro, San Fernando, Central Range, Chile
- Photography: SERGIO ARANEDA
- Materials: Steel, Dimensioned pine and prefabricated panels
- Area: 100 m2
- Project Year: 2016