Article source: FCC Arquitectura
To the existing implementation area (Farm House) is added to the establishment of 200,00m2 for housing construction.
The granary (8,00m2) existing will be recovered.
The existing buildings are in an advanced state of degradation. The interiors are in ruins. We decided to completely demolish the “core” of both and the roofs, recovering and consolidating part of the outer walls, which will be in memory of what existed. The new housing will be located within these limits, like a loose box, the new volumes are developed and are born from the ruins shaping itself to land following the natural curves of it.
Image Courtesy © Jose Campos – Architectural Photographer
- Architects: FCC Arquitectura
- Project: RM HOUSE
- Location: Felgueiras, Portugal
- Photography: Jose Campos – Architectural Photographer
- Engineering: Paulo Oliveira
- Builder: Adalberto e Filhos
- Status: Built
- Type: Single family Housing
- Construction schedule: November 2010 – January 2013
- Size: 540,00m2