Article source: Tomislav Soldo, PRO-S
The genesis of this house might have a somewhat peculiar narrative. The possibly reversed but certainly not unwanted process of conceiving and designing the space where the foremost sensory role has the nature itself.
Initially, before everything else, there was a walnut tree, providing perfect natural shade and representing the first outdoor residing space. Over time, a terrace was gradually shaped around the tree, and eventually the idea of building the house emerged.
- Architects: Tomislav Soldo, PRO-S
- Project: Black lodge and a walnut tree
- Location: Gorski kotar, Croatia
- Photography: Jure Živković
- Architect in Charge: Tomislav Soldo
- Area: 100 m2
- Plot area: 4500 m2
- Project Year: 2016