Posts Tagged ‘Guangzhou’
Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Article source: CAL Architects
This is a simple building with a five-year tenancy term. With so many unfavorable conditions—a limited budget, no historic value of the factory, an old wall that cannot be dismantled—how can a unique office space be created? We considered the key issues of how to balance the setting and the relationship between old and new.
It is easy for designers to envision a project with a limitless budget or desirable location, but it is difficult to combine materials and environment to convey transcendental characteristics in a particular space under various restrictive conditions.
South Entrance, Image Courtesy © Yuan da and Pan Hongzhang
- Architects: CAL Architects
- Project: CAL Architects Studio
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Photography: Yuan dao, Pan Hongzhang
- Team: Sun taohuan, Liang Xian liang, Liang Huajie
- Cost: 1200 Yuan/m2（200）
- Built Area: 300 m2
- Completion Year: 2015
Sunday, May 13th, 2018
Article source: GD-Lighting Design
Poly Yuzhu Port project is located in the core of Guangzhou “Look East” Strategy – Huangpu Port-centered Economic Circle, it takes the construction of world-comparable urban port in Guangzhou as its mission. Its positioning is a high-quality city complex integrating residence, commerce, entertainment and office. It covers the luxury hotels, super Grade A office buildings, large shopping malls, residential shopping, etc.. It is Poly’s key work integrating 10 years of complex development experience. The design covers North Tower A2 office sales center, including the display space integrating creative office, super Grade A office buildings and apartments as one.
Rendering, Image Courtesy © GD-Lighting Design
- Designer: GD-Lighting Design
- Project: Poly Yuzhu Office Sales Center
- Location: Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China
- Photography: FENG Jian, Jossy LIN, Shenzhen Shifang Photography Co., Ltd.
- Lighting Design Team: WANG Yen-Chin, REN Hui, Kiki CHEN
- Investor: Poly real estate (group) co. LTD
- Interior Design: James Liang & Associates Limited.
- Soft Loading Design: Justmine Art Design Co., Ltd.
- Floor area: ≈184414㎡
- Completion Time: June 2017
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Article source: Studio YUDA
In the center of the largest Jade Market in Guangzhou, a few old houses sit at the end of the small path leading to the Hualin Temple. Characteristic of the old and aged, these houses have narrow, small and dark rooms. The client was looking to create a new type of jade store that would leave a clear and fresh impression on the visitors.
Exterior New, Image Courtesy © Studio YUDA
- Architects: Studio YUDA (Yuchen Guo & Alex Darsinos)
- Project: ZHY House
- Location: Xilaizhengjie, Liwan District, Guangzhou, China
- Gross Built Area (square meters): 78
- Completion Year: 2017
Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Article source: Leaping Creative
Guangzhou based renowned lifestyle store brand TFD (The Fashion Door) is adding a restaurant to its business, Leaping Creative believes that the space should indicate the brand’s fashion sense and at the same time provide its customers with an unordinary dining experience.
Rather than following the popular trend of industrial or Nordic interior style in China, Leaping Creative is inspired by fashion designers and their love for black and white as well as their trick of using dots, lines and planes. We aim to create a minimalist, intriguing dining space.
Image Courtesy © Zaohui Huang
- Designer: Leaping Creative (Dingling Yao, Weitian Xie, Jiening Huang, Chang Chen)
- Project: TFD Restaurant
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Photography: Zaohui Huang
- Design Director: Zen Zheng
- Area: 150sqm
- Completion Date: Dec 2016
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
Being designed jointly by AB Concept, AFSO and CCD(Cheng Chung Design (HK)), GZ Conrad is doomed to be exceptional since the very beginning.
As the designer of the 309 guest rooms, CCD provides a good view of the river which takes in the thousand years’ prosperity of this city and the skyline which witnesses its international development. Moreover, using modern design technique of “merging feeling with scenery”, it “wakes up” the daily Lingnan which is buried deep in history… what the guestroom design of GZ Conrad tells is the humanity landscape of traditional Xiguan residences; it is to show respect to the history of this city.
Image Courtesy © CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Architects: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Project: GZ Conrad Hotel
- Location: No. 222, Xingmin Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China
- Area: Total gross floor area: 52,870.11㎡; indoor area: 38,480㎡
- Design Time: 2013
- Completion Time: 2017
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: Shaanxi Lvyun Ancient Landscape Architecture Engineering Co., Ltd
The case is meant for restoring the prosperity of a local temple. During our design, we find that its landscape, centuries-old history and the passion of local people require a temple which is magnificent but remains noble to reshape the memory of the site. In order to design the temple, we referred to plenty of historic files and chose some of the most philosophical and aesthetical “Architecture examples of Tang Dynasty ” in which ,no matter the profound eave or the piles of brackets all show the magnificent of the construction and the beauty of style. Furthermore, the nature environment and the manmade garden, the variety of landscape, which enable the temple to melting into the life of local people and heritage the religions tradition and producing positive effect.
Image Courtesy © Shaanxi Lvyun Ancient Landscape Architecture Engineering Co., Ltd
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Bloom Design
Hiding in the trade area in the central part of Tianhe District of Guangzhou, Blue Space is a leading fashion brand planning agency. Freedom, openness and returning to simplicity are the spirits that Blue Space advocates. When Bloom Design is commissioned to do the design for this old space, it decides not to cater for popular aesthetics but to look at how to make a difference and how to shape the temperament of fashion of Blue Space. Bloom Design keeps questioning about the nature of design: when we are living in the bustling and noisy city, what are the real needs deep inside our heart?
Image Courtesy © He Yuan-Sheng
- Architects: Bloom Design
- Project: Fashion of Simplicity-Blue Space Office
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Photography: He Yuan-Sheng
- Creative Director: Li Bao-Long, Chen Xiao-Hu
- Project Team: Xing Zi-Chao, Qiu Wen-Di3
- Author: Qiu Wen-Di
- Main Material: Black brick, White glass, Walnut
- Area: 230M2
- Design Time: 2015.06-2015.07
- Construction Time: 2015.07- 2015.08
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
Meteor Cinema is a 2-storey cinema located in a shopping mall in Guangzhou. A meteor is an astronomical observation where a bright trail of light appears in the night sky when a meteoroid enters the Earth’s atmosphere. This beautiful scene only appears in the sky for a very brief moment, and then vanishes without leaving any trace behind.
The concept of meteor shower continues through the auditorium. In each of the auditorium, the designers have created a different portrayal of meteor shower, enabling the audience to have a new experience when they watch movie in different auditoriums, Image Courtesy © One Plus Partnership Limited & Jonathan Leijonhufvud
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Nansha Kingboard Free Trade Zone Mixed-use Project, designed by Aedas, is located in Guangzhou, the starting point of the ancient Maritime Silk Road. The site is an elongated, irregular-shaped plot with fantastic views of the Jiaomen River and Phoenix Lake.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Nansha Kingboard Free Trade Zone
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Client: Guangzhou Zhanying Property Co., Ltd.
- Director: Ken Wai
- Gross floor area: 80,762 sqm
- Completion year: 2020
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016
Article source: Sunshine PR
Located in a residential neighborhood next to the Tianhe district in central Guangzhou, Atelier Peter Fong by Lukstudio revives an empty corner lot into both an office and a cafe. Through a series of clean white volumes, the design purifies the existing chaotic site to create a calm yet inviting atmosphere.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen
- Architects: Lukstudio
- Project: In and between boxes: Atelier Peter Fong
- Location: No. 42 Huakang Street, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, China
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen
- Design team: Christina Luk, Alba Beroiz Blazquez, Ray Ou, Jin Hong Cai, Shanyun Huang
- Graphic design: Evelyn Chiu
- Furniture: Emeco, Hay, Muuto, Paustian, Peixin
- Lighting: Bentu, Flos, Tons
- Net area: 250 sqm
- Design: July – November 2015
- Construction: Feb -September 2016