Article source: Ziger/Snead Architects
The River House is a weekend retreat located on the Rappahannock River in Virginia. Sited on a pre-engineered and cleared site, the 3500- square-foot house marks the intersection of three landscapes: natural forest, wetlands, and a mile-wide river.
- Architect: Ziger/Snead Architects
- Name of Project: The River House
- Location: Jamaica, Virginia
- Area: 3,500 sf
- Team: Design Principal – Steve Ziger, AIA; Project Architect – Douglas Bothner, AIA/ LEED AP; Jeff Morgan, AIA; John Shorb
- Photography: Alain Jaramillo, Douglas Bothner