Article source: Moon Hoon
Jeju island is a popular vacation island situated in the south of korean penninsular.
It can get very windy, and generally the weather is very whimsical.
The island is full of volcanic rocks in various sizes, comprising landscapes wonders to common walls demarcating ownerships. Many artists and commoners have been inspired by the beauty and versatility of the island. Recently flocks of koreans and foreign tourists are visiting the island by the thousands. The winter days are often cloudy with strong winds. And the landscape turns to gold and black by dying foliages and volcanic rocks.
- Architects: Moon Hoon (MOONBALSSO)
- Project: Wind House
- Location: 3265-4, Hangyeongmyeon Jeojiri, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, Korea
- Photography: NamGoong sun
- Project team: Kim Sookhee, Jo Jeongho, Park Jeonguk
- Structure: RC, S
- Exterior finish: exposed concrete, steel plate
- Interior finish: Paint
- Structure engineering: Hanwoori, Dream Structure
- Mechanical/Electric engineer: Chunghyo High Tech
- Budget: 350 million KRW
- Height: 8.3m
- Site area: 644.6m²
- Building area: 162.83m²
- Gross floor area: 154.39m²
- Design period: Mar . 2014 ~ Jun . 2014
- Construction period: Jul . 2014 ~ Aug . 2015