Article source: EASTERN design office
The holes are lined up on a cross shape. The hole is made on the architecture like the perforated line. This architecture is “House with Crest”.
A light that penetrates into the architecture always moves and never stays. It is a symbolical spectacle. A light that goes through the hole is projected in a circle shape, moves unlimitedly, and never stays. Occasionally, it disappears, and it appears.
- Architects: EASTERN design office + HOJO STRUCTURE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- Project: MON factory / house
- Location: Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoko- City, Kyoto-Prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Koichi Torimura
- Client name: Morita MON factory
- Project Team: names of the in-house contributors, Anna Nakamura and Taiyo Jinno EASTERN design office
- Structural Engineer: HOJO STRUCTURE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- Site area: 236.90m2
- Total floor area: 259.78m2
- Completion: 2007