Article source: Robert M. Gurney, FAIA Architect
Rolling topography, open fields and woodlands comprise a 24 acre site in Rappahannock County, Virginia where this new house is located. Extensive site investigation, including erecting scaffolding at various locations, resulted in the placement of the house high on one of the hills, overlooking a meadow at the base of woodlands. The house is organized as a series of volumes, arranged linearly and positioned to optimize distant views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Architects: Robert M. Gurney, FAIA Architect
- Project: 4 Springs Lane
- Location: Rappahannock County, VA, U.S.A
- Photography: Maxwell MacKenzie
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, and Photoshop
- Project Architect: Brian Tuskey
- Contractor: Erwin Opitz, Opitz Construction Consulting, Inc.
- Engineer: D. Anthony Beale LLC
- Landscape Architect: Kevin Campion, Campion Hruby Landscape Architects
- Interior Designer: Therese Baron Gurney, ASID – Baron Gurney Interiors
- Completion Year: 2013