Article source: Ojanen Chiou architects LLP
The home office of internationally renowned landscape architecture firm SWA Group is a 12,000sf (1,200sm) warehouse located near San Francisco Bay that was originally used in the manufacture of Liberty ships during WWII from1942-1945. Ojanen_Chioiu architects LLP was commissioned to re-conceptualize the 1980’s-era entry lobby that had outlived its functionality and lacked a strong spatial or material resonance with the firm’s work and identity.
- Architects:Ojanen Chiou architects LLP
- Project: Morphing Cor-ten: Interior renovation at SWA Group’s main office (designed using AutoCAD and SketchUp)
- Location: Sausalito, California, USA
- Project Area: 1,500 square feet
- Client: SWA Group
- Structural engineer: Ish Jhamb & Associates
- General contractor: Meylan construction
- Steel Fabrication: SculptureTech LLC
- Program: Reception area, waiting area, work area, storage room and conference room.
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop