Article source: AR Studio Architects
Located in the city of Vale de Cambra, the Casa da Eira (literally “The House of the threshing-floor”) was a rehabilitation challenge with about 400m2 of construction.
A century-old house that was very degraded and needed a major overhaul, that would revive the memory of the original design without forgetting the current needs. The owner wanted a residence where he could have a traditional and familiar setting, not forgetting its irreverent and creative side. A place where friends are always welcome.
- Architects: AR Studio Architects
- Project: Eira House
- Location: Vale de Cambra, Portugal
- Photography: Soraia Oliveira (architect)
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, V-Ray
- Responsible Architects: Daniel Antunes and Ricardo Russo
- Contributors: João Ferreira, Ivan Clife, Soraia Oliveira
- General Contractor: Rogério Martins Construções
- Sub-contracts: Tecober lda, Ricardo Oliveira, Cruz e Pinho lda, Kimpala lda, Jorge Carpintarias.
- Area: 400m2
- Year of the Project: 2016