Posts Tagged ‘WuXi’
Friday, March 16th, 2018
Article source: SYN ARCHITECTS
“Indeed, bamboo is like a man of virtue. From deep and resolute roots, straight and honorable stems extend toward the sky. When a gentleman contemplates the nature of bamboo, only a feeling of integrity can come to mind.” Excerpt from Planting Bamboos, by Bai Juyi.
Since ancient times, Chinese writers and poets have shown a deep appreciation for bamboo. By praising the beauty of exquisitely crafted gardens, these gentlemen created an extensive cultural history immersed in a unique richness of textures. New Pastoralism’s Lecture Hall sits at Yangshan –a town close to the city of Wuxi– and uses bamboo as the main building element in its design.
Image Courtesy © BenMo Studio / Yan Ming
- Architects: SYN ARCHITECTS
- Project: New Pastoralism Lecture Hall
- Location: Yangshan Town, Wuxi, China
- Photography: BenMo Studio / Yan Ming.
- Principal Architect: Zou Yingxi.
- Design Team: Liu Jiansheng, Xie Yang.
- Commissioned By: New Pastoralism Investment Co., Ltd.
- Construction Company: Huacheng Boyuan Construction Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Project Area: 1,618 square meters.
- Construction Area: 800㎡.
- Date of Design: September 2014.
- Project Status: completed in December 2014.
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: PLASMA STUDIO
Wuxi Low Carbon Exhibition Centre which locates in the southwest corner of Wuxi Ecological New Town，is the first project starts in the core region of Taihu New Town.
Image Courtesy © PLASMA STUDIO
- Architects: PLASMA STUDIO
- Project: WUXI LOWCARBON EXHIBITION CENTER
- Location: Wuxi, China
- Design Team: Xiaoju Liao, Li Gan, Lewen Liu, Pingshan Qu, Xiang Li, Zeqin Xu, Jing Bo, Sheng Jing, Tyler Austin, Giancarlo Tonoli, Peter Pichler, Libny Pacheco, Tool Nampanwiwat, Jaime Mohamed, Alba Abiad, Asunsion Lopez
- Partner in charge: Chuan Wang, Holger Kehne, Eva Castro
- Program: Exhibition Centre to showcase Green Energy Technologies
- Client: Wuxi Taihu New Town
- Size: 5600 sqm
- Year: 2012-2014
- Budget: Undisclosed
Tuesday, February 26th, 2013
Article source: Arcgency
The design is based on Nordic values. Not only according to architecture, but also design objects. These values are defined as:
- Build for people, human values. – Good daylight conditions, different types of light.
- Reliable (long term) solutions. – Healthy materials, recyclable materials, design for disassembly strategies.
- Materials that age gracefully.
- Access to nature, greenery.
- Minimalistic look.
Image Courtesy © Jens Markus Lindhe
- Architects: Arcgency
- Project: WFH House
- Location: Prototype in Denmark. First house in Wuxi, China.
- Photography: Jens Markus Lindhe. Mads Møller.
- What: Sustainable pre fab house.
- Build: 2012.
- Area: 180m2.
- Manufacture: worldFLEXhome, Nordisk Staal.
- Client: worldFLEXhome.
- Engineer: Esbensen (technical). Sloth Møller (construction).
Sunday, March 25th, 2012
Article source: Panorama International Limited
“Starry Night Dining”
StarEight is a new steak house situated at one of the warehouse buildings within a 100-year old factory compound in the city of WuXi, China. A historical re-vitalization design strategy was adopted to preserve most of the original building features with addition of new mezzanine structure to maximize the spatial potentials and turned the old warehouse into a hip F&B landmark.
Image Courtesy Ng Siu Fung