The First Complete Solution for Continuous Construction Verification
LAKE MARY, Fla., March 13, 2018 — (PRNewswire) — FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology and construction BIM/CIM applications, announces the release of BuildIT Construction by FARO ( https://solutions.faro.com/buildit-construction) a comprehensive verification software solution that enables confident management of all quality assurance and quality control processes throughout the building and facility lifecycle. For the first time, construction professionals are fully empowered to continuously monitor a project with real time comparisons against CAD designs with complete 3D data from the FARO Focus Laser Scanner.
Accelerate the Project and Minimize the Waste
FARO BuildIT Construction, with FARO 3D laser scanning, is the first consolidated software and hardware solution designed from the ground up as an end-to-end, fully integrated Building Lifecycle Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) management tool. As such, in addition to measuring aspects such as floor flatness, levelness and wall plumbness, BuildIT Construction enables accurate comparisons to the original design files or Building Information Model (BIM) documentation, including as-built positional changes to floors, steel beams, walls, columns, windows and doors. This ensures that the actual building is being constructed to the correct specifications and as a result allows construction professionals to detect errors at every stage of the project lifecycle and reduce expensive scrap and rework.
Measure with Confidence
BuildIT Construction leverages our cutting-edge 3D metrology capability derived from 20 years of proven expertise in delivering best in class measurement solutions to the manufacturing industry.
While BuildIT Construction is optimized for the FARO Focus Laser Scanner and the TracerM laser projector, it can also seamlessly be used with other third-party hardware. In addition to measuring virtually any feature against digital designs, more examples of BuildIT Construction's unique workflows include:
Validate to Design - ensure that buildings are being constructed to design specifications
- Verify accuracy of design models to scan data
- Detect incorrect placement or missing features such as walls, columns, beams, pipes, etc.
Tolerance Evaluation - keep the project on schedule while reducing scrap, time and resources
- Perform important measurements accurately and quickly
- Inspect construction for adherence to building standards (Floor Flatness/Floor Levelness, Beam Camber, Cut & Fill, Wall Plumbness etc...)
Position and Monitor – Establish liability documentation, risk mitigation and quality prefabrication
- Verify shifts and movements within structural performance over time with 4D analysis
- Perform real time monitoring of adjacent structures throughout the project
"Construction sites are becoming remote factories in need of build and verify solutions," stated Andreas Gerster, Vice President of FARO's BIM-CIM Business Unit. "Historically, the tolerance level for scrap and rework has been very high because it's considered part of the normal business and until now no one had stepped forward to address the challenge in a meaningful way. BuildIT Construction Software from FARO uniquely enables laser scanner users to perform immediate, real time build and verify analysis throughout the entire project and facilitates a new level of cost management and operational efficiency."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faro-introduces-buildit-construction-software-platform-for-aec-professionals-300612471.html
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.