Zonal Data Capture OCR Add-On Enables Businesses to Extract Critical Data for Backend Automation
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif., May 21, 2018 — (PRNewswire) —
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif., May 21, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- ActivePDF, the leading provider of PDF automation technologies and digital transformation solutions, is proud to announce the release of DocSight™ OCR 3.1.0 with new zonal OCR data capture add-on functionality. The original DocSight OCR solution offered full text Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities, but now this zonal extraction technology has expanded ActivePDF's OCR offerings far beyond just searchable PDF files.
While many offerings split these functionalities, the DocSight OCR 3.1.0 solution with available API features both full text OCR and optional zonal data capture abilities. The new zonal data capture add-on enables users to accurately extract mission critical data within PDF and TIFF files such as invoice numbers, vendor data, contract dates, total amounts, and more. With the zonal data capture add-on, DocSight OCR is ideal for businesses that require large-volume document capture and automation in areas such as Accounts Payable, Banking, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Legal, Manufacturing, Transportation, Utilities, and more.
OCR 3.1.0 new features include:
- Zonal Data Capture: This new add-on enables users to specify areas for capture by defining zones on documents that contain important data for extraction. This could include invoices or documents with a customer's name, address, account number, billing charges, form data, or contract information
- CSV Output: After capturing and extracting data, OCR 3.1.0 verifies the accuracy based on your confidence level settings and then outputs it to a CSV file for import into your existing backend systems, avoiding manual data entry.
- Suspect Character Highlight: If OCR 3.1.0 finds suspect characters, the conversion stops and is moved to an error folder for validation.
- Configuration Manager Update: Support for multiple OCR profiles allows you to capture many different types of files and documents with watch folder technology for full automation or drag-and-drop operations.
- Template and Template Editor: Create a collection of file templates, defining the areas or zones to extract data.
"With the advancements of AI and machine learning, OCR software is undergoing a serious phase of rapid evolution," says Tim Sullivan, ActivePDF Chief Architect and CEO. "After 18 years, we understand that it's no longer just about offering full text OCR for PDFs, but rather taking it a step further and extracting key data from everyday documents to eliminate manual data entry from business processes. Our goal with OCR 3.1.0 is to help businesses simplify automation, therefore I'm excited at the path that we are taking with zonal data capture because it gives organizations the power to take a PDF or TIFF document, target fields for capture, and then extract, verify, and output that critical data to virtually any backend system. I like to say, 'OCR should work for you,' and OCR 3.1.0 really lives up to that philosophy."
Developers, Product Managers, CIOs, and CTOs partner with ActivePDF to embed digital transformation and powerful PDF tools into their enterprise applications that reliably scale for millions of users. Originally known for providing low-code .NET PDF APIs that create, convert, modify, and view files, ActivePDF has naturally evolved over the years to further provide OCR data capture and intelligent workflow automation solutions within existing business processes. While represented amongst 40% of Fortune 500 companies, the full suite of ActivePDF technologies are currently deployed in industries such as Banking, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Legal, Manufacturing, Utilities, and more. Explore everything PDF, visit ActivePDF.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Derek Gerber, Director of Marketing
ACTIVEPDF and the ActivePDF Logo are registered trademarks of ActivePDF, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE ActivePDF, Inc.
|Company Name: ActivePDF, Inc.