ViaCAD® 2D V6 Now Shipping
Introduces Intelligent 2D Architectural Tools
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kansas City, MO, USA, April 21, 2009 - Punch! Software, LLC, a leading global provider of 2D and 3D design solutions and the fastest growing retail CAD publisher in North America, today announced the next major release of ViaCAD® 2D for PC and Mac. ViaCAD 2D is a feature rich, low-cost, intuitive 2D drafting application for general-purpose precision design.
New Features: ViaCAD 2D V6 emphasizes an exceptional value message while extending its appeal to a broader 2D design community. Significant new features include:
• Intelligent Architectural Tools - V6 adds new 2D architectural features supporting creation and modification of intelligent self-healing walls, doors, and windows. Also introduced are advanced features such as wall components which allow the designer to specify custom materials describing the different styled regions that make up a wall.
• More Drafting and Design Tools - V6 introduces a variety of new general purpose design tools such as the Drawing Wizard for quickly setting up architectural or mechanical drawings, support for 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator®, single click fill and hatch, plus new tools for creating slots and rounded rectangles.
• Cross Platform Support - The hybrid DVD includes PC and Mac installers, making ViaCAD among the few CAD applications that support multiple platforms.
• Compatibility - Improved file sharing support with AutoCAD® DWG and Adobe® Illustrator® applications.
• Documentation and Training - Over 90 minutes of updated video training, step by step guides, and example files are included to assist users with 2D drafting and design essentials. ViaCAD also includes free phone and email tech support.
Unique Conversion of 3D Data: Although a 2D application, ViaCAD provides a set of unique tools for manipulating 3D data as 2D. Import STEP, IGES, DWG, and DXF files into 2D views with the ability to associatively create section, detail, and auxiliary views.
Pricing and Availability: ViaCAD 2D is available from Fry’s, Office Max, Apple, Amazon, MacMall, Tiger Direct, Buy.com, Softwaremedia, and at
www.punchcad.com with a suggested retail price of $49.
About Punch! Software
Punch! Software was founded in 1998 with the premise that 3D design software should be as fun to use as it is productive. With more than 3 million units of its Mac and Windows products sold via retail stores across the world, Punch! Software has consistently been the best-selling home and landscape design retail software brand in the U.S. for the last 9 years. The company excels in providing highly productive, but very affordable, software that appeals to 3D design hobbyist and professional users. Products developed and marketed by Punch! Software include: ViaCAD® 2D, ViaCAD® 2D/3D, ViaCAD® Pro, Shark® LT, Shark®, Shark® FX, Professional Home Design Suite®, Home Design Studio™, Home Design Architectural Series®, Master Landscape & Home Design®, Landscape, Deck & Patio Designer™ and Interior Design Suite™. Punch! Software is based in Kansas City, MO. More information on Punch! Software can be found at
ViaCAD 2D Media Contact:
262 367 6940
Professional Home Design, Home Design Studio, Home Design Architectural Series, Master Landscape series, Interior Design Suite, LogiCursor, and ViaCAD are trademarks or registered trademarks or registered trademarks of Punch! Software, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.