Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
The social housing company Goedkope Woning at Kortrĳ k initiated a comprehensive upgrade of its outdated assets in 2008. It intentionally put the emphasis on healthier homes, rational and more efficient use of space, lower energy consumption and low maintenance costs. At the same time, it also aims fundamentally to reorient the liveability of the neighbourhoods, to integrate into the existing social setting to the greatest possible extent.
Image Courtesy © Gerald Van Rafelghem
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: Social Housing Estate Venning
- Location: Spinnerĳkaai, Tapĳtweverstraat, Tekenaarslaan, Damastweverstraat in Kortrĳk, Belgium
- Photography: Gerald Van Rafelghem
- Team: Urban planner: Arch. Herman Jult [project director], Arch. Dieter Haemers [design architect], Ir. arch. Nancy Latruwe [project architect], Urban planner-arch. Bart Dewilde [urban planning] – Landscapes, architect Marjolein Eggermont [landscape architecture], Int.arch. Bart Decloedt [interior architect], Antoon Vancommernolle [structural conception], Frederik Carrein [structural work]
- Client: Goedkope Woning cvba
- Masterplanning: evr-Architecten
- Phase 1a (bloc ABC): 70 apartements + 45 semi-subterranean parkings
- Phase 1b (bloc D): 12 pile dwellings of which 6 are for disabled people + 17 adjacent parkings
- Phase 2: 64 land-based new homes with garden [replacement construction], of which 24 pile dwellings
- Phase 3: 50 houses to renovate
- Phase 4: Public roads, sewerage and environmental work (more…)
Thursday, June 18th, 2015
Article source: VH designs studio
An interior for Shah family. Design team have tried to get the glamour with lowest possible expenditure on the project. The reshuffling of the spaces were major time consuming process. A neat out look with very tidy & minimum elements speaks the language of the interior.
Image Courtesy © VH designs studio
Friday, June 12th, 2015
Article source: Kababie Arquitectos
The KM apartment has the distinction of having two levels, in which the program places public spaces downstairs and private spaces upstairs. These two levels communicate through the sculptural staircase, which has an important role in space and connects the first level with an office / library on the upper level which also operates as a family reunion place.
Image Courtesy © Kababie Arquitectos
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
XVIII century building attic area renovation to three-level penthouse:
“The architect and interior designer Svetozar Andreev needed a lot of imagination skills when he saw the attic of the house he had to redesign. In the result, he turned a dirty attic with a leaky roof into a modern 3-level penthouse apartment. The powerful sunshine through the big rooftop windows fill the whole apartment with natural light. In an interior, besides furniture of well-known brands, the most part of subjects is created according to Svetozar Andreev’s sketches: the kitchen tables, systems of built-in furniture are made especially for this interior.The large terrace allows an owner to have a barbecue on an open air, and it is simple to admire historic center of the city without leaving own apartment.”
Image Courtesy © Peter Lebedev
- Architects: Svetozar Andreev Architectural Studio
- Project: Three level penthouse
- Photography: Peter Lebedev
- Software used: 3ds Max, Vray, Autocad
- Total frea: 390 sq. meters.
- Terrace area: 120 sq. meters.
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Article source: Zeinstra van Gelderen Architecten
In the context of the IJdock complex, where the building volumes result from cutting sightlines out of a rectangular mass, we have merged the obvious associations with ships, rocks or the strange forms of building block in the traditional city into one building, without being too literal.
Image Courtesy © Zeinstra van Gelderen Architecten
- Architects: Zeinstra van Gelderen Architecten
- Project: IJdock Housing
- Design: Jurjen Zeinstra, Mikel van Geldere
- Collaborators: Peter Nagtzaam, Tjerk Bosker, Angelique Haver
- Client: ASR Real Estate Development
- Engineer: Cor Smit (Royal Haskoning
- Building Physics: Peutz
- Finished: January 2013
- Construction Costs: € 13.700.000,-
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Just BE is an apartment building located in Colonia Condesa, a neighborhood renowned for its social and commercial activity as well as its nightlife. The building sits on the same street as the Fondo de Cultura (Cultural Fund) and the old Bella Época cinema theater, a 1940’s building with a 20-meter high tower that is an icon in the area.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Article source: PPAG architects ztgmbh
Inner-city redensification as a highly worthwhile form of living: a joint building venture with whom the property owner’s son was acquainted used the attic space of a typical 19th century gründerzeit building as an excellently located development site. Hardly visible from the street, a unique world unfolds 16 metres above ground level, offering panoramic views over the city.
inclined structure on street side, Image Courtesy © Roland Krauss
- Architects: PPAG architects ztgmbh
- Project: Village on the roof
- Location: Radetzkystraße, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Roland Krauss
- Client: Baugruppe Radetzkystraße, Vienna
- Key characteristics:
- Property: 679m2
- Built area: 526m2
- Living area: 396m2
- Terraces: 213m2
- Construction costs, net: 1 million euros
- Course of project
- Start of planning: 04 / 2008
- Construction permit: 04 / 2009
- Redesign: 03 / 2010
- Start of construction: 08 / 2010
- Completion: 12 / 2012
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Article source: General Assembly
A young couple, relocating from the west coast, hired GA to help renovate a duplex apartment in the East Village. Though the existing space was inefficient and lacking in character, its potential was clear. Our first move was to open the kitchen out to the living room and to rearrange the layout for a more cooking and entertaining friendly environment. Upstairs, we reduced the bedrooms from two to one, enlarged the bathroom, added a laundry area and increased storage space with additional closets. Full height sliding pocket doors improved circulation upstairs and allowed more light in to brighten the halls. We combined modern details with warmer materials like dark flooring and a reclaimed wood wall to keep things comfortable yet clean, bringing a bit of a West Coast vibe into a new East Coast home.
Image Courtesy © Devon Banks
- Architects: General Assembly
- Project: The East Village
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Devon Banks
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Article source: Another Design International
Creative designers have persistence of visions to make waves in the industry. The international awarded designer Pal Pang from Another Design International was invited by property fund for a collaboration interior design project “Metropolitan Heights no.I” in China shares Mr. Pang’s devotion and passion in design, arts and culture.
Image Courtesy © Another Design International
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Article source: Arhitektura d.o.o.
The presented apartment is situated in the small village of Dob in the suburbs of the capital town. Our client – young couple from Ljubljana bought a typical row house unit. The main idea was how to create a special modern atmosphere in the small unit in the rural area.
Image Courtesy © Jure Goršič
- Architects: Arhitektura d.o.o.
- Project: Suburban apartment
- Location: Dob, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Jure Goršič
- Team: Boštjan Gabrijelčič, Aleš Peternel
- Project realisation: 2014