Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Sunday, May 3rd, 2015
Article source: Maurizio Costanzi
Loft 78B consists in the renovation of small apartment, previously divided into a living room with kitchen,a bathroom and a double bedroom. The whole space was not fully exploited, and the projects aims to transform a not much comfortable space in a cozy and spacious one.
Image Courtesy © Maurizio Costanzi
Saturday, April 25th, 2015
Article source: NC Design & Architecture Limited
Apartment with simulated skylights
An apartment on Stubbs Road is an open and tranquil 2,700 square foot space defined by a 16m long sinuous wood wall, strong axial views lumi-nous ceiling oculi, and special hidden built-in wall features accommodating the specific daily routines of its residents. The residence is structured around a continuous communal area of the living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom. The gentle, undulating grey wood wall unifies these spaces, drawing occupants from the narrow interior kitchen area towards the wide living room with its grand vista of the Happy Valley Race course below. The subtle shades of grey; from gun metal grey to light ash, delicately accentuates this progression while also providing a neutral backdrop for the rich colors of the selected modern Scandinavian furniture.
Image Courtesy © Dennis Lo
- Architects: NC Design & Architecture Limited
- Project: Private Residence at Stubbs Road
- Location: EvergreenVilla, Stubbs Road, Mid-levels, Hong Kong
- Photography: Dennis Lo
- Interior Design: NC Design & Architecture Ltd (NCDA)
- Project Designer: Nelson Chow (NCDA)
- Client: Buick Management Limited
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015
Article source: AE5 Partners
Santo Spirito apartment, located in Florence, consists essentially of two rooms: the living room and its mezzanine with double bedroom and the dining room and its little mezzanine with single room.
The project was conceived and structured entirely around a matrix of 6,5 cm that affects all three dimensions: in this way, a “tri dimensional space” is created, whose perception changes according to the point of view.
Image Courtesy © AE5 Partners
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015
Article source: STARH Stanislavov architects
SFS Residence (Sea Forest Stone) is situated in “Chaika” residential area, 50m from The Black Sea in a plot with considerable west to east downhill in virgin landscape, with valuable tree species and natural rock formations. The biggest challenge was to design contemporary, organic building which fits easily in the context of the environment. To look light, airy and unobtrusive, to work with all the elements of the landscape without dominating itself.
Image Courtesy © STARH Stanislavov architects
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
The design of these two multi-storey properties respects the scale of the adjacent residential centre.
Both buildings are able to optimally integrate in the landscape as a result of their underground garage and the planting of dune grasses.
Image Courtesy © Bart Heijnens
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: BLANCO OOSTDUINKERKE RESIDENCE
- Location: the dunes, Belgium
- Interior architecture: Frederic Kielemoes
- Project management: Hectaar nv
- Structural conception: BM Engineering
- Structural work: Jean-Marc Deprez
- Safety coordination + EPB reporting: ac coördinatie gcv
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: DP Architects
In today’s highly competitive home property market, what is valued is a design that differentiates the individual’s living experience, in line with market trends.
The Minton, completed in 2014, comprises ten 15-storey and eight 17-storey apartment blocks, with a total of 1,145 units including 24 units of penthouses. Despite its size, the development is an example of a unique high-rise living concept, built on a creative interpretation of the landscape and the provision of differentiated amenities. All blocks are oriented in the north-south direction in three linear rows, ample spaces maintained between the blocks. The design takes full advantage of the site topography in the use of open spaces and landscaping to create distinctively different experiences, facilitated by bridges and sky terraces connecting the blocks. Two of the three sky terraces accommodate spa facilities for residents, while the third serves as a landscaped deck connected to a bridge that links the different levels in this development.
Image Courtesy © Marc Tey
- Architects: DP Architects
Project: THE MINTON
- Location: Singapore
- Photography: Marc Tey
- Project Team Members: Tong Bin Sin, Mike Lim, Wang Tse Lip, Toh Li Chuin, Divino Carrillo, Firman Saleh, Jacob Sandoval, Joseph Chua, Mochamad Herman Irfany, Pek Hui Xian, Roslinah Ahmad, Ross Vinco, Rowell Mendoza, See Phei Kee, Tan Teng Siew
- Area: 123,900sqm
- Year of Completion: 2014
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: nARCHITECTS
nARCHITECTS’ design for My Micro NY, in collaboration with Monadnock Development and the Actors Fund Housing Development Corporation, is the winning proposal in the adAPT NYC competition sponsored by the NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD). Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and HPD Commissioner Mathew M. Wambua announced at a press conference in January 2013 that the My Micro NY development team has been chosen through a competitive Request for Proposals, which received the largest response to date for an HPD housing project.
Courtesy nARCHITECTS; image courtesy mir.no.
- Architects: nARCHITECTS
- Project: My Micro NY
- Location: Kips Bay, Manhattan, USA
- Photography: Ledaean, mir.no
- Client: NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development
- Development Team: Monadnock Development
- Structural Engineer: Denardis Engineers
- MEP Engineer: Abraham Joselow
- Consulting Architect: DeLaCour & Ferrara Architects
Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
Article source: Studio Toggle
The ‘Edges Apartments’; with its articulated brick cladded façade; lights up one of the back-streets of the predominantly expat neighborhood of Salmiya, in Kuwait.
A simple rhythmic twist, achieved by transposition of the vertices on either side of a finite axis imparts dynamism and drama to the façade. Avery restrained palette of locally sourced natural brick and exposed concrete finish further emphasizes the massing and gives the building its unique personality.
Image Courtesy © Gijo Paul George
- Architects: Studio Toggle
- Project: Edges Apartments
- Location: Salmiya, Kuwait
- Photography: Gijo Paul George
- Completed: 2014
- Budget: 2.5 million Euros
- Built Up Area: 25000 Sq. Ft
- Design team: Gijo Paul George, Hend Almatrouk
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015
Article source: THE PURPLE INK STUDIO
Project overview – the challenge
Occupying a strategic position in the heart of Bangalore city, India, the project is in close proximity with some of the best hospitality, medical and commercial facilities in the city. The clients brief saw a potential for limited ‘Sky Villas’ where the architecture would re-interpret new levels of luxury in living. The built form also had to capture the richness of its vibrant and significant urban context of the city.
The design challenge was to capitalize on the potential of the 30,000 Sqft site without compromising on the existing green cover and minimizing the ecological footprint of the structure.
Image Courtesy © SHAMANTH PATIL
- Architects: THE PURPLE INK STUDIO
- Project: KINGS HOUSE APARTMENTS
- Location: BANGALORE, INDIA
- Photography: SHAMANTH PATIL
- STRUCTURAL CONSULTANTS: DESIGN VENTURES INDIA PVT LTD
- LANDSCAPE CONTRACTORS: GREEN PIECE LANDSCAPE INDIA PVT LTD
- M.E.P CONSULTANTS: McD BUILT ENVIRONMENT RESEARCH LABORATORY PVT LTD
- OWNERS: KINI FAMILY, DUBAI
- GROSS AREA: 80,000 Sqft
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015
Article source: Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
This stunning apartment is perched high in Victoria Parks, Zetland, in the recently completed (2012) Prominence building with uninterrupted city skyline views.
The client of this property is the Analysis Manager Group Finance at Leight on Contractors – Leight on Holdings, one of the largest infrastructure construction companies. As part of our many services, we help clients select a property best suited for their needs, prior to buying.
Image Courtesy © Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
- Architects: Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
- Project: ZETLAND APARTMENT
- Location: Zetland | 3kmfrom Central, Sydney
- Internal Area: 95sqm
- Total Area: 112sqm
- Principal Designer: Charles Alexiou
- Budget: $50,000
- Cost: $40,000
- Completed: December 2012