Archive for the ‘Aquatic Centre’ Category
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: 3XN Architects
3XN has won the competition to design a new aquatic centre in the Swedish city of Linkoping. Named “Vågen”(The Wave) the scheme seeks to unite the urban with the water – both in form and in function. Located between the Tinnerbäck Lake and Linkoping, the new aquatic centre becomes a hybrid between the city and the lake.
Image Courtesy © 3XN Architects
- Architects: 3XN Architects
- Project: New Aquatic Center
- Location: Linköping, Sweden
- Design Team: Kim Herforth Nielsen, Filip Lipinski, Maria Tkacova, Tobias Laukenmann, Sang Yeun Lee, Andrea Baresi, Hans Henrik Munk
- Landscape Architect: SLA
- Construction: WSP Sverige AB, Thornton Tomasetti
- Aquatics Consultant: Danish Technological Institute
- Engineer: Hifab
- Building Area: 24,000 sqm
- Building Height: 25.5 m
- Estimated cost: 80,000,000.00 €
- Expected completion: 2021
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The 1000m2 aquatic complex includes a swimming pool, a hamman, a health club, and an organic cafe. It is an attractive and easily accessible center dedicated to bathing, swimming, and exercising, with flexible hours. It is also a place to relax and socialize with friends, to meet for informal meals and healthy snacks, play, and sun bathe.
Ancillary sports amenities adjoin the aquatic complex and encourage diverse sport practices and games in the middle of the rural park (football and handball fields with tennis courts, jogging, strolling, basketball).
Pool solarium opening to the central park and botanical garden, Image Courtesy © Ezzine Abderrahmen
- Architects: Philippe Barriere Collective (PB+Co)
- Project: Public Swimming Pool (Aquatic Center)
- Location: Domaine de la Colline aux Oliviers – City of Jedaida. Manouba Governorate – Tunisia
- Graphic Artist: Ezzine Abderrahmen.
- Engineering Software: RhinoVAULT – Designing funicular form in Rhinoceros (Block Research Group BRG).
- Client: Tunisian Republic, Manouba Governorate, Delegation of Jedaida.
- Team: Philippe Barriere Collective (PB+Co), Adnen Ben Tanfous (Associate Partner), Aboudou Azize, Olawolé Marcos, Vicky Tessier, Samir Issad, Yosri Boukadida, David Boisseau, Wael Ben Mansour.
- Private Investor : Société de promotion immobilière, Le Mont Fleury Groupe Bayahi.
- Engineer: Tarek Ghorbel, Structural Engineer, SOGEP Batiment, Tunisia.
- Date: 2016 – present
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
Article source: Flansburgh Architects
The challenge was to create an economic covering for a state-of-the-art pool. Johannesburg sits on a plateau known as the “highveld,” 5,000 feet above sea level, with earth rich in iron ore, causing frequent lightning strikes. Although the climate is temperate, night-time temperatures can drop significantly. The new pool was required to be both covered and heated.
Image Courtesy © Stephen O’Raw
- Architects: Flansburgh Architects
- Project: AISJ New Aquatics Center
- Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Photography: Stephen O’Raw
- Architect of Record: GLH & Associates
- Project Manager: J M Henrey& Associates
- Structural Engineer: WSP Consulting Engineers
- Landscape Architecture: Uys& White
- Pool Equipment Specialist: Martin TeGroenMTG Consult
- Quantity Surveyor: TMS Group
- Completion Date: 2012
- Construction Cost: $1,500,000
- Cost/SF: $100/sf
- Client: International Pre-K-12 Independent School
- Project Role: Full architectural and interior design
Saturday, June 11th, 2011
Article source: a/LTA Architectes
This aquatic complex is located close to Saint-Brice-en Cogles ‘s downtown, in a former agricultural area. The building aims to work on two aspects :
- a work on the site’s agricultural past
- the fun destination of the equipment.
- Architects: a/LTA Architectes
- Project: Aquatic Centre
- Location: Saint-Brice-en-Cogles, France
- Client : COGLAIS COMMUNAUTE.