Archive for the ‘Campus’ Category
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Article source: FLORES & PRATS ARCHITECTS
In 2007, Microsoft Italia chose to establish its headquarters in a rural landscape characterized by the seasonally shifting patterns of agricultural production. This would be setting for a new way of working.
Arrival to the Microsoft Italia Campus, Image Courtesy © Enzo Barraco
- Architects: FLORES & PRATS ARCHITECTS
- Project: Innovation Campus for Microsoft Italia
- Location: Peschiera Borromeo, Linate, Milan, Italy
- Photography: : Filippo Romano, Enzo Barraco, ReValue, Filippo Abrami , Adrià Goula
- Promoter and client: Microsoft Italia +.Vitali Spa
- Engineering: Studio MPartner Srl, Milan
- Interiors: ReValue, Milan (more…)
Thursday, June 11th, 2015
Article source: Maier Hess Architekten GmbH
The project seeks to initiate a pattern clearly identifying the hospital campus on Spitalstrasse. With already two buildings of about 35m height, adding a third one makes the pattern evident. An important benefit of the slightly higher than average structure is the – in our eyes very necessary – casualness of the surrounding space, that so could become more convenient and less tight.
Image Courtesy © Maier Hess Architekten GmbH
- Architects: Maier Hess Architekten GmbH
- Project: Neubau höhere Fachschule für Gesundheit
- Location: Luzern, Switzerland
- Software used: Vectorworks 2015, Artlantis R and Pixelmator
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015
Article source: Hewitt Studios LLP
Hewitt Studios have recently completed a sustainable new-build workshop sporting an innovative and efficient ‘flat-pack’ timber structure.
The project is situated on the Holme Lacy campus of Herefordshire and Ludlow College and is designed to complement the nearby Straw Bale Cafe and Fast-Track Classrooms. It is used primarily for the maintenance of tractors and other agricultural machinery.
Image Courtesy © Hewitt Studios LLP
- Architects: Hewitt Studios LLP
- Project: Crosslam Agricultural Workshops
- Location: Holme Lacy, England
- Software used: Microstation
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Article source: ATELIER KEMPE THILL
The team Atelier Kempe Thill (Rotterdam) – osar (Antwerp) has recently won the international competition for the new education centre T2-campus at the former mining site Waterschei, nowadays known as ‘Thor park’ in Genk, Belgium. The new school building will be used by Syntra Limburg, VDAB Limburg and the city of Genk.
Image Courtesy © ATELIER KEMPE THILL
- Architects: ATELIER KEMPE THILL
- Project: T2 campus
- Location: Thor park Genk, Belgium
- Client: VDAB, Syntra and the City of Genk, Belgium
- Team architects: Rotterdam / The Netherlands, Osar Antwerp / Belgium
Saturday, May 16th, 2015
Article source: CO Architects
New Glass-Fronted Building Provides Learning and Diagnostic Spaces
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA—The Education Resource Center (ERC), designed by Los Angeles-based CO Architects, is now under construction to fill a gap within the University of Virginia’s medical campus in Charlottesville. The four-level, 46,000-square-foot facility is being built for the University of Virginia Health System on a tight site between the Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center and a hospital parking garage. The new building is located across the street from the front entrance of the University of Virginia Medical Center and railroad tracks at the rear.
Image Courtesy © CO Architects
- Architects: CO Architects, Taylor & Company
- Project: CO Architects Creates Bridge Building at UVA Medical Campus
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, US
- Associate Architect: Train & Partners Architects
- Structural Engineer: Nolen Frisa Associates
- MEP/FP Engineer: Bard, Rao + Athanas
- Civil Engineer: RMF Engineering
- Landscape Architect: Siteworks
- Lighting Designer: Kaplan Gehring McCarroll
Friday, May 1st, 2015
Article source: Grant Associates
Landscape architects Grant Associates are to develop and deliver phase one of the public realm for The University of Sheffield, which is set to revolutionize the University’s campus, open it up to the public and link it firmly with the city centre.
Image Courtesy © Grant Associates
- Architects: Grant Associates
- Project: Grant Associates to develop sustainable, green campus for major UK university
- Location: United Kingdom
Thursday, February 12th, 2015
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
With its triangular shape, Campus Kolding of University of Southern Denmark will create a significant new landmark in Kolding.
As the new learning centre of excellence, Kolding Campus will house the courses in communications, design, culture and languages of the University of Southern Denmark. The building is located on the Grønborg grounds in the centre of Kolding close to the harbour, station and scenic attraction of the river. Kolding Campus will create a new central plaza by Kolding River and will thereby form a close interaction with the other educational institutions of the town, Kolding Design School and International Business College Kolding. The shape and facades of the building create a powerful dialogue between the inner life of the building and the outside observer.
Image Courtesy © Martin Schubert
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Project: Kolding Campus
- Location: Kolding, Denmark
- Photography: Martin Schubert, Jens Lindhe
- Landscape Architect:Kristine Jensens Tegnestue
- Client:The Danish University and Property Agency
- Engineers: Orbicon
- Type of assignment:First prize in international competition, 2008
- Gross floor area:13,700 m2
- Year of construction: 2012 – 2014
Wednesday, January 14th, 2015
Article source: BIG
Working closely with the Smithsonian, we conceived a master plan for the South Mall Campus as an example of radical reinterpretation. To resolve the contradictions between old and new, and to find freedom within the boundaries of strict regulation and historical preservation, we chose to carefully reinterpret the elements that are already present in the campus. The proposed master plan will be implemented over a 10-to-20–year period beginning in 2016.
Image Courtesy © BIG
- Architects: BIG
- Project: SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION SOUTH CAMPUS MASTER PLAN
- Location: Washington, D.C, U.S.A.
- Status: In Progress
- Size in m2: 123703
- Project type: Commission
- Client: Smithsonian Institution
- Collaborators: SurfaceDesign, Robert Silman Associates, GHT Limited, EHT Traceries, Stantec, Atelier Ten VJ Associates, Wiles Mensch, PE Group, FDS Design Studio, Kleinfelder
- Partners in Charge: Bjarke Ingels, Thomas Christoffersen
- Project Manager: Ziad Shehab
- Project Leaders: Daniel Kidd, Sean Franklin
- Team: Suemin Jeon, Alana Goldweit, Cadence Bayley, Lina Bondarenko, Annette Miller, Otilia Pupezeanu, Choongyho Lee, Doug Stechschulte, Jeremy Alain Siegel, Alexandre Hamlyn, Julian Ocampo Salazar, Tammy Teng, Daisy Zhong
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller
Copenhagen Business School, Frederiksberg Municipality, Metroselskabet and Realdania have announced that the C.F. Møller entry has won the contest to design the upcoming extension of CBS.
C.F. Møller Architects and C.F. Møller Landscape, working with Transform and Moe, have won the contest to design the new urban campus for Copenhagen Business School, CBS. The project aims to create the world’s best city campus.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller
- Architects: C.F. Møller
- Project: Copenhagen Business School
- Location: Frederiksberg, Denmark
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Article source: Stephenson & Turner
HEADLINE: From a previously unseen building to a fun, colourful and vibrant part of the community.
S&T has worked with the staff and key stakeholders at Kereru Park Campus in South Auckland to give their school a fresh presence from the street with a new administration and library building. The previous buildings were hidden; almost unseen from the road and plagued by weather tightness issues.
Image Courtesy © Stephenson & Turner
- Architects: Stephenson & Turner
- Project: KERERU PARK CAMPUS ADMINISTRATION & LIBRARY BUILDING
- Location: Auckland, New Zealand
- Software used: The initial design was done in Sketch Up 6/7 and the project developed & documented in Revit 2013.