Archive for the ‘Campus’ Category
Wednesday, January 14th, 2015
Article source: BIG
Working closely with the Smithsonian, we conceived a master plan for the South Mall Campus as an example of radical reinterpretation. To resolve the contradictions between old and new, and to find freedom within the boundaries of strict regulation and historical preservation, we chose to carefully reinterpret the elements that are already present in the campus. The proposed master plan will be implemented over a 10-to-20–year period beginning in 2016.
Image Courtesy © BIG
- Architects: BIG
- Project: SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION SOUTH CAMPUS MASTER PLAN
- Location: Washington, D.C, U.S.A.
- Status: In Progress
- Size in m2: 123703
- Project type: Commission
- Client: Smithsonian Institution
- Collaborators: SurfaceDesign, Robert Silman Associates, GHT Limited, EHT Traceries, Stantec, Atelier Ten VJ Associates, Wiles Mensch, PE Group, FDS Design Studio, Kleinfelder
- Partners in Charge: Bjarke Ingels, Thomas Christoffersen
- Project Manager: Ziad Shehab
- Project Leaders: Daniel Kidd, Sean Franklin
- Team: Suemin Jeon, Alana Goldweit, Cadence Bayley, Lina Bondarenko, Annette Miller, Otilia Pupezeanu, Choongyho Lee, Doug Stechschulte, Jeremy Alain Siegel, Alexandre Hamlyn, Julian Ocampo Salazar, Tammy Teng, Daisy Zhong
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller
Copenhagen Business School, Frederiksberg Municipality, Metroselskabet and Realdania have announced that the C.F. Møller entry has won the contest to design the upcoming extension of CBS.
C.F. Møller Architects and C.F. Møller Landscape, working with Transform and Moe, have won the contest to design the new urban campus for Copenhagen Business School, CBS. The project aims to create the world’s best city campus.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller
- Architects: C.F. Møller
- Project: Copenhagen Business School
- Location: Frederiksberg, Denmark
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Article source: Stephenson & Turner
HEADLINE: From a previously unseen building to a fun, colourful and vibrant part of the community.
S&T has worked with the staff and key stakeholders at Kereru Park Campus in South Auckland to give their school a fresh presence from the street with a new administration and library building. The previous buildings were hidden; almost unseen from the road and plagued by weather tightness issues.
Image Courtesy © Stephenson & Turner
- Architects: Stephenson & Turner
- Project: KERERU PARK CAMPUS ADMINISTRATION & LIBRARY BUILDING
- Location: Auckland, New Zealand
- Software used: The initial design was done in Sketch Up 6/7 and the project developed & documented in Revit 2013.
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Article source: OYO – Open Y Office
This OYO story takes you all the way back to April, when we were notified of our prequalification to design a new campus building for Howest in Kortrijk. Together with Arch&Teco we accepted the challenge to compete against nine other well established offices. We put a lot of love into this design and are proud to present to you our second prize winning proposal.
Image Courtesy © OYO – Open Y Office
- Architects: OYO – Open Y Office
- Project: Campus Howest second prize winning proposal
- Location: Kortrijk, Belgium
- Organizer: Howest
- Area: 12,750 sqm
- Year: 2014
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: OSPA | ARQUITETURA E URBANISMO
This is the premise and guiding goal for the development of the new campus of UFCSPA. In an urban context still growing, Campus Igara emerges as a potential articulating element of both spatial and human relationships that surrounds it. A square, fluid and permeable as is supposed to be, in contrast to the volumetric density that the programmatic solution suggests in a first approach.
Image Courtesy © OSPA | ARQUITETURA E URBANISMO
- Architects: OSPA | ARQUITETURA E URBANISMO
- Project: UFCSPA CAMPUS IGARA
- Location: CANOAS, RS – BRAZIL
- LOT AREA: 24.600 m2
- GROSS FLOOR AREA: 26.385 m2
- PROJECT DATE: AUGUST 2014
- CLIENT: UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DE CIÊNCIAS DA SAÚDE DE PORTO ALEGRE – UFCSPA
- TEAM: CAROLINA SOUZA PINTO, LUCAS OBINO, CRISTIANO SELBACH CARNEIRO, FRANCO MIOTTO, MANOELA OBINO, ALINE TAÍS COMIRAN, ELLEN RENATA BERNARDI, AUGUSTO TUMELERO, MATHEUS LORENZET CONSULTANTS P790 ENGENHARIAS E STM ENGENHEIROS ASSOCIADOS
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: Perkins Eastman
The new campus of the Indian School of Business-Mohali, consistently ranked among the top business schools in the world by the Financial Times, represents the latest thinking in the planning and design of business schools competing on an international stage. The new 28-hectare (70-acre) Mohali campus responds to the school’s mission to provide a world-class curriculum and real-world experience on par with peer institutions around the world. Established to supplement the success of the school’s inaugural campus at Hyderabad 1,109 miles to the south, Mohali will continue the school’s tradition of creating the next generation of business leaders.
Image Courtesy © Perkins Eastman
- Architects: Perkins Eastman
- Project: Indian School of Business: Campus
- Location: Chandigarh, Punjab
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014
Article source: Grant Associates
British landscape architecture firm Grant Associates working with Boston architects Machado and Silvetti Associates, Inc. have won an international competition to design the Vietnamese-German University Campus in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
Image Courtesy © Grant Associates
- Architects: Grant Associates
- Project: University Campus
- Location: Binh Duong Province
Friday, June 20th, 2014
Article source: Rocco Design Architects Limited
The new campus design signifies a highly linked & connected institution. It looks into the compact urban condition of Hong Kong itself for direct inspiration and epitomizes a miniature city, dense and connected. The spatial organization maximizes density by stacking multiple slab blocks of different programs vertically on top of each other over a podium of communal activities, including a number of lecture theatres and a gymnasium.
Image Courtesy © Rocco Design Architects Limited
- Architects: Rocco Design Architects Limited
- Project: New Campus Development of Chu Hai College of Higher Education
- Location: Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong
- Designed Year: 2013
- Completion Year: 2016
- Total G.F.A: 26,500 sq. m
- Project Team: Rocco Yim, Patrick Lee, CM Chan, William Tam, Henry Ho, Stephen Chan, Hoi-Wai Sze, Agnus Lau, Li Qingyue, Julia Mok, Nicholas Ho,Justin Chan
- Client: Chu Hai College of Higher Education
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
Article source: Elliott + Associates Architects
- As the Chesapeake Campus has developed, we created the concept of jewels. These are unique works of architecture that complement the red brick buildings and add energy to the campus plan.
- All the buildings find inspiration from beautiful scale and proportion.
- They fit together and the spaces between buildings are as important as the structures themselves.
- The bay windows that act as lanterns of energy.
Image Courtesy © Scott McDonald, Hedrich Blessing
- Architects: Elliott + Associates Architects
- Project: Chesapeake Building One
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK, U.S.A
- Photography: Scott McDonald, Hedrich Blessing
- Client: Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Completed: Jan 2014
- Scope: 59,000 SF
- Cost: Withheld at Client Request
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
Article source: Latitude Studio
The aim of a technological campus is to create a complex that works self-sufficiently to achieve a suitable environment for the production, interchange and management of technology. In this case, LATITUDE’s proposal for the IT Campus project was chosen not just because of the functional solution, but for the treatment of the scale both of the whole project and the inner spaces. Moreover, the proposal emphasizes the visual relation between the different areas within the campus.
Image Courtesy © Latitude Studio
- Architects: Latitude Studio
- Project: Fuzhou IT Campus
- Year: 2013-2016
- Type: Invited competition, First prize
- Status: Ongoing Master Plan + Concept Design Architecture
- Program: 230,000m2 of office space and commercial
- Chief Architect: Manuel Zornoza
- Project Architect: Jorge Cortes de Castro
- Project Manager: Lihui Sim
- Team: Huseyin Emek, Lucía Bravo, Phyo Yanadar Oo, Yann Quan
- Software used: REVIT.