Archive for the ‘Commercial Building’ Category
Saturday, August 31st, 2013
Article source: TRIPTYQUE
Leitão_653 is a building located in the heart of Pinheiros, a popular neighborhood which combines small traditional buildings and new residential towers. Inserted between two lofty towers, a long and narrow plot, the building is 4 meters wide and 25 meters high.
The studios occupying the building enjoy a smooth flow between the plates through a central tower. Alternating terraces on the 2nd floor and roof offer living areas and promote exchange and community life.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: TRIPTYQUE
- Project: Leitão 653
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti, Internas Liberadas, Pedro Kok
- Program: Commercial building
- Delivery Date: 2012
- Client: CITYCON
- Lot area: 425 m²
- Constructed area: 1280 m²
- Budget: € 1.2 million
- Associates: Greg Bousquet, Carolina Bueno, Guillaume Sibaud et Olivier Raffaelli
- General coordinator: Luiz Trindade
- Projects managers: Damien Murat, Bruno Simões, Aline D´Avola, Pedro Mattos
Friday, August 30th, 2013
Article source: Malik Architecture
The uniqueness of this project is that it operates on multiple levels. On one hand it uses technology and intelligent design to improve the working environment of its inhabitants, while working inclusively in an urban context.
On the other hand, it is a critical commentary on some of the antiquated notions that have plagued contemporary commercial design in the subcontinent. The eschewment of ornamentation, the treatment of structure as skin, the repudiation of self-aggrandizing atriums, the moulding of building volumes to perform multiple functions simultaneously, the treatment of landscape as an integral part of development and an exploration of its varying moods, the focus on sustainability, the holistic approach to design and execution are a direct result of a critical analysis of the exigent and often superficial buildings proliferating in the subcontinent.
Image Courtesy © Malik Architecture
- Architects: Malik Architecture
- Project: GMS Grande Palladium
- Location: Kalina, Mumbai, India
- Client: GMS Group
- Design team: Arjun Malik, Ketan Chaudhary, JayJani, Ketan Seta
- Built-up area: 1, 80,000 sq. ft.
- Cost of project: 60 crores
- Year of completion: 2010
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, 3D Max, STAAD Pro and Tekla
Friday, August 30th, 2013
Article source: SOSTUDIO / Sergio Orduña Architects
The BONAMPAK 77 project involves the building of commercial premises and offices on a plot of land located in Cancun´s most up and coming area. The building is divided up asymmetrically by a cube covered with red aluminum panels and slotted into place from the front of the building towards the back to create a space for elevators and the bridges linking up the two sections. The cube contains a triple-height space which is the very heart of the project and dominates the view of the hotel zone and the Caribbean.
Image Courtesy © José Gallardo
- Architects: SOSTUDIO / Sergio Orduña Architects
- Project: BONAMPAK 77
- Location: Cancún quintana roo, Mexico
- Photography: José Gallardo
- Construction: 2008
- Development: grupo canbec
Sunday, June 30th, 2013
Article source: Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
Winner of the international competition organized by the city of Rome to design the new city hall, the public building occupies an area of 110,000 square meters. The project reorganizes and rationalizes the localization of the municipal offices in the Capital and the entire urban area in which they are inserted.
Image Courtesy © Stack Studio
- Architects: Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
- Project: Civic Offices Campidoglio 2
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Photography: Stack Studio
- Team: Mario Cucinella, Elizabeth Francis, Stefano Massa (architect in charge), Alessandro Gazzoni, Dora Giunco, Hyun Seok Kim, Antonella Maggiore
- Coordination engineering: Studio Altieri Spa
- In collaboration with: Land Srl landscape architects, TiFS Ingegneria Srl, SVEI Spa, Studio FOA, Ing, Franco Mola, Centostazioni Spa, Ing. Alessandra Focaracci, Dott. Mara Memo
- Year: 2007
- Client: Comune di Roma
- Surface area: 110.000 mq
- Budget: 175.000.000 €
Thursday, June 20th, 2013
Article source: UPI-2M
COMMERCIAL AND ENTERTAINMENT CENTER „ARENA CENTAR“
The general idea was to create a complex with uniquely wide range of offered services that comprise shopping, sport, cultural, and other engaging activities. When experienced in city macro-scale, ‘Arena Centar’ is positioned in the south-western part of Zagreb next to one of the city main high-way entrances, in vicinity to the Jarun Lake – one of the main city recreation zones. ‘Arena Centar’, beside the multifunctional hall ‘Arena Zagreb‘, has created a new city centre, offering the public a unique shopping, entertainment and sports destination.
Image Courtesy © UPI-2M
- Architects: UPI-2M
- Project: Arena Centar
- Location: Lanište, Zagreb, Croatia
- Architects: Anamaria Filipović, Alan Leo Pleština, Ivana Granić, Ivica Zmiša
- Civil engineers: Berislav Medić, Krešo Ceraj, Goran Janjuš, Hrvoje Mihal, Josip Radeljić, Heinrich Gottwein
- Total gross area: 202.102,00 m2
- Plot area: 170.820,00 m2
- Footprint area: 66.293,00 m2
- Green area: 66.916,00 m2
- Number of anchore store: 20
- Number of stores (small to medium size): 200
- Number of restaurant and caffe: 30 (more…)
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
Article source: MDU architetti
China, Italy … A history of continuous connections between the two nations that started in the XIII century from the voyage of Marco Polo with his masterpiece: “il Milione”.
A narration of the encounter of two millenary cultures.
The project for the Italian Trade Center “I Principi d’Italia” looks for the architectural expression of this historical encounter. From a conceptual point of view the project is a narration, the narration of a voyage between China and Italy and so, of the encounter of the eastern and the western culture.
Image courtesy mdu architetti
- Architects: MDU architetti
- Project: CITTA’ ITALIA
- Location: China & Italy
- Program: trade center, office tower, residential tower
- Client: Xu Quiu Lin_Giulin Group Branch
- Team: Valerio Barberis, Alessandro Corradini, Cristiano Cosi, Marcello Marchesini
- Collaborators: Michele Fiesoli, David Bigiarini, Nico Fedi, Eugenio Salvetti, Dante Vinciguerra
- Sustainable architecture: Sabrina Borgianni
- Local partner: Design Institute Zhe Jiang Jing Jian
- Dimentions: gross area: 47.000 sqm, volume: 345.000 cubic metres
- Materials: bronze glass facade, steel frame
design: 2008 – 2009
ground breaking: 2010
completion: in progress
- Building cost: confidential
- Software used: AutoCAD LT
Tuesday, May 28th, 2013
Article source: SV60 Arquitectos
The building is designed as a linear volume adapted to the urban rules of alignments and heights, and parallel to the coastline. The situation, in a second line and hidden after several 12-storey buildings, the situation allows different sea sights through the horizontal gaps between the “towers”. Due to excessive linearity (urban ordinance) and low height (3 floors) the building is proposed as a volumetric and abstract object that acquires his singularity by the vibration of the materials.
Image Courtesy © Jesús Granada
- Architects: SV60 Arquitectos
- Project: Tourist Apartments and Commercial Premises Valdelagrana
- Location: Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz, Spain
- Photography: Jesús Granada
- Collaborators: Antonio G. Liñán, Luis E. Villar, Manuel Gutierrez de Rueda
- Owner: CORALTE S. L.
- Construction: TREARTE S. L.
- Year: 2004 – 2005
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Article source: ARJM
The project \”Square de l’Accueil\” (Welcoming Square) includes a public square of 10,000 m2, 53 flats, a school, commercial spaces and an underground parking. The project itself includes all the components of the city at a smaller scale. The site is a neighborhood at a strategic entry point towards one of Brussels communes, Evere. The project is the missing « puzzle piece » to the realisation of the current site as an animated liveable space.
Image courtesy ARJM (Abdelmajid Boulaioun)
- Architects: ARJM (Abdelmajid Boulaioun)
- Project: Square de l’Accueil Winning Proposal
- Location: Square de l’Accueil, Brussels , Belgium
- Contractor: Commune de Evere
- Public square area: 10,000 sqm
- Building area: 7,000 sqm
- Competition year: 2012
- Status: Competition winner
- Urbanism: SUM
- Structure: GREISCH
- Building services: JZH
- Vizualisations: QUICKIT
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Inkscape for the drawings
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Proj3ct and Pluggo
Located on the blooming nightlife district of Oporto’s downtown, RUA occupies the ground floor of an old building facing a narrow yet busy street. The vacant space matched in many ways the traditional construction of Oporto old city center: narrow lots with high openings and ceilings, the extensive use of granite stone and local painted ceramic tiles (“azulejo”) on the façades, the appropriation of small and cozy patios. The relation towards the street was quite effective and dominant, as it could be enhanced towards the existing patio.
Image Courtesy © rxg3d
- Architects: Proj3ct and Pluggo (co-authorship)
- Project: Rua, Restaurant/Bar
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Type: commercial
- Client: Apogeu da Ribalta, lda.
- Gross area: 146 sqm.
- Engineering: Logacústica
- Photography / rendering: rxg3d
- Date: 2012
- Status: under construction
Tuesday, May 14th, 2013
Article source: Strobl Architekten ZT GmbH
The Clearing House is an institution of the SOS-Kinderdorf. Since 2001 this special place serves as accommodation, support and consultancy to minor refugees. The comprehensive restoration in 2012 with its construction and facade design reflects the idea of the SOS Kinderdörfer.
Image courtesy Strobl Architekten