Archive for the ‘Conference Center’ Category
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
China has in recent years become the second largest producer and consumer of movies. With this as a starting point, the Bolong 3D Movie Museum and Mediatek is imagined as the cornerstone of a new media park in Tianjin.
The building design takes it inspiration from the clouds, emphasizing ideas of creativity and inspiration.
Image Courtesy © HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Bolong Movie Museum
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Type: Invited Proposal.
- Size: 74,000 M2 / 80,000 SF.
- Client: Tianjin Urban Panning Bureau.
- Status: Invited Competition, Pending.
- Collaborators: AI.
Thursday, January 8th, 2015
Article source: v2com
Arte Charpentier, the lead architect, will design the new Centre de Congrès et de Spectacles de Calais, in partnership with Abciss-Architectes, as part of a consortium led by the Rabot Dutilleul Group.
Arte Charpentier Architectes presented an ambitious plan for the major cultural facility, to be located on an 18,000 sqm oceanfront site. Featuring rounded contours, it is designed to make the most of the site’s exceptional views: the port to the east; the sea and spa district to the north; and to the south, the city and its historic monuments such as the Risban fort, lighthouse, watchtower and City Hall. The conference and performing arts centre is a strong iconic structure that will focus perspective, giving it more power without concealing the sea view and providing instant appeal to the waterfront.
Image Courtesy © Arte Charpentier Architectes
- Architects: Arte Charpentier Architectes
- Project: New Calais conference centre
- Location: Calais, France
- Software used: SketchUp, AutoCAD and 3ds Max
- Team: Rabot Dutilleul Partenariats (consortium leader), CIPPER, Rabot Dutilleul Construction, Norlit, Sitex, Abciss-Architectes (Calais architect)
- Engineering and design: PROJEX, Diagobat, Architecture Technique, AVEL Acoustique
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: Paolo Venturella Architecture
The Guggenheim Helsinki Museum is a “multi-functional” project that presents the Museum and other related services such as a multi-purpose space, a conference area, a retail plus a restaurant and a bar and lounge areas , and is positioned close to the historic center of the city in the harbour area just along the sea coast.
Image Courtesy © Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Architects: Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Project: “GUGGENEIGHT”- a path designed art museum
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Grasshopper to model the 3d and VRay and photoshop for the visuals
- Team Design: Cosimo Scotucci, Flavia Restaldi
- Year: 2014
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: openUU ltd
Nike: Conference is complete with movable partitions finished in unique Nike fabric and gym motifs. A corridor lounge area features custom furniture modelled after workout polymetric boxes, for easy re-arrangement, and a group workspace bracketed by a blackboard and Astroturf wall. A series of conference rooms are divided by movable partitions featuring white chain-link fence panels that adds unique texture, while providing apparel display structure. Movable partitions, along with sports markings on the wood floor makes it possible for a completely open, linked space.
All 3 conference rooms connected feature graphics, Image Courtesy © openUU ltd
- Architects: openUU ltd
- Project: Nike: Conference center
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014
Article source: COBE
Today, a new iconic Volunteer House for the Danish Red Cross is being unveiled. The building is designed by Danish architects COBE in collaboration with PK3 landscape architects and Søren Jensen engineers.
Image Courtesy © COBE
- Architects: COBE
- Project: Red Cross Volunteer House
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Client: Danish Red Cross – donated by the A. P. Møller Foundation
- Engineers: Søren Jensen Rådgivende Ingeniørfirma (Søren Jensen Consulting Engineer)
- Landscape architects: PK3
- Program: Volunteer House – exhibition and workshop spaces, incident rooms, conference rooms and café area
- Size: 750 m2 (8073 ft2)
- Status: 1st prize in competition in 2013, completed early 2016
Thursday, October 9th, 2014
Article source: Brisbin Brook Beynon Architects
The Ottawa Convention Centre in downtown Ottawa, ON, Canada has been outfitted with a 100-ft. rounded façade, featuring Viracon glass. The facility offers patrons the ability to experience a modern, environmentally friendly setting.
Image Courtesy © Viracon
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: Karolina Keyzer + Wingårdhs
The house with thousand eyes creates an illusion; like waves from a point in middle of the northern facade. The image appears from a distance. It makes the stiff block soft, even wet. The impression is formed by windows in three different sizes: 1.4, 1.7 and 2 meters in diameter. The variations furnish the standardized rooms with a kind of individuality, especially in corners.
Image Courtesy © Filip Mesko and Tord-Rickard Söderström
- Architects: Karolina Keyzer + Wingårdhs
- Project: Quality Hotel Friends
- Location: Råsta Strandväg 1, Solna, Sweden
- Photography: Filip Mesko and Tord-Rickard Söderström
- Interior: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB trough Gert Wingårdh and Lena Arthur
- Client: Arthur Buchardt
- Gross area: 21 935 m²
- Height: 91,5 m
- No. of storey’s: 26
- Rooms: 400
- Project start: 2011
- Completed: 2013
Saturday, May 17th, 2014
Article source: Liong Lie Architects
A brand new dimension in congress and events
Supernova is a conference area within the Jaarbeurs Utrecht (the largest fair and conference centre of The Netherlands).
The 3500 m2 area includes a foyer and four meeting rooms: one for 454 persons, two meeting rooms for 80 persons each and one meeting room for 460 persons, which can be divided into two smaller rooms.
This area will also be the connection between other buildings such as the existing conference center Mediaplaza and a future cinema.
Image Courtesy © Christiaan de Bruijne
- Architects: Liong Lie Architects
- Project: Jaarbeurs Supernova
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Photography: Christiaan de Bruijne
- Total area: 3500 m²
- TransitZone: 2000 m², 1100 persons
- Total amount of rooms: 4 conference rooms: 1 for 454 persons, 2 for 80 persons each and 1 for 460 persons
- Design team: Liong Lie, Roeland de Jong, Rajiv Sewtahal, Jasper Polak, Michael Schuurman, Dagmara Chechelska
- Time span: 7 Months – design including realization
- Brand development: Leaders against routine
- Co-designer TransitZone furniture: Studio Edward van Vliet
- Contractor: Vios Bouwgroep BV
Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
Article source: Crepain Binst Architecture nv
A former hospital in Berchem (Antwerp) now serves as the ALM-Anttec conference and training centre. The initial architectural competition was designed to meet the urgent need to increase the surface area by adding two halls, a foyer and a separate training building. While respecting the existing situation, all the new catering functions were combined to form a transparent and reflective garden pavilion to the rear, with the associated training building on one side.
Image Courtesy © Crepain Binst Architecture nv
- Architects: Crepain Binst Architecture nv (Ulrich Matthys)
- Project: Centrum ALM
- Location: Berchem
- Proprietor: ALM – Anttec
- Engineering: CES nv
- General contractor: Liebaert Staalbouw nv
- Contractor: IBS Industrial
- Start execution: december 2009
- Final completion: March 2012
- BUILDING SUM: 12 845 000 euro
Wednesday, January 29th, 2014
Article source: cp architektur
The challenge of the project was to plan a medium conference- and coaching centre for multinational Fast Moving Consumer Goods companies.
The architectural form establishes a symbiosis between the landscape and building topography with the aim to steer the eye towards nature and the site. Through the adaption of the prevailing site topography in the building shape – in form of roof pitches and ascending ramps – the visual perception of the site is reflected.
Image Courtesy © Philipp Kreidl
- Architects: cp architektur
- Project: Conference and Coaching Center
- Location: Stollhof, Austria
- Photography: Philipp Kreidl
- Client: Co. Revina SA Niederlassung Österreich
- Operator: Co. GreenWell GmbH
- Project start: 01, 2009
- Completion: 12, 2012
- Floor area: 2527m²
- Site area: 10184m²
- Interior designer: Mag. arch. Christian Prasser
- Project manager: Arch. Dipl.-Ing. Johanna Maria Priebe
- General contractor: Co. RD Rýmařov s.r.o., Rýmařov
- Execution planning: Co. RD Rýmařov s.r.o., Rýmařov
- Building physics: Co. AMiP-Industrial Engineering GmbH, Mödling
- Water engeneering: Co. IBL-ZT GmbH, Wiener Neustadt
- Pre-structural engeneering: Co. Brand&Partner, Maria Enzersdorf,
- Pre-services engeneering: Co. HTB-plan, Wien
- Joinery: Co. Gerhard Kienpointner GmbH, Waidring
- Furniture: Co. Pario Design, Oberwaltersdorf
- Lightning: Co. XAL GmbH, Graz
- Visualization reference: © new ages – René Reiter, Graz