Archive for the ‘Conference Center’ Category
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Located in Moscow’s Sharikopodshipnikovskaya Street, next to tram and trolleybus stops and near Dubrovka Station on the Lyublinskaya Line of the Moscow Metro, the Dominion Office Building is among the first of the new projects to be built for the growing creative and IT sectors in this primarily industrial and residential district in the southeast of the city.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Dominion Office Building
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Hufton + Crow
- Client: Peresvet Group / Dominion-M Ltd.
- Design (ZHA): Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher
- Design Director (ZHA): Christos Passas
- Project Architects (ZHA): Veronika Ilinskaya, Kwanphil Cho
- Interior Design Team (ZHA): Emily Rohrer, Raul Forsoni, Veronika Ilinskaya,
- Contributors (ZHA): Hussam Chakouf, Reza Esmaeeli, Thomas Frings (more…)
Saturday, July 11th, 2015
Article source: ONL [Oosterhuis_Lénárd]
Bálna (formerly known as CET / Central European Time). Bálna is also a synonym for a whale. The Mixed Use Development Bálna at the Közraktárak between the Petofi and the Szabadság Bridge is both. The Bálna concept refers to Budapest as an important metropolitan centre in the heart of Central Europe. The Bálna shape refers to the smooth and friendly streamlined body of a whale. The new Bálna development has the potential to put Budapest once again on the map of the world. Name and shape of the Bálna symbolizes its cultural potential and commercial pole position in one of the best preserved cities in the world.
Bálna seen from from the Buda side of the danube river, Image Courtesy © Romeodesign
- Architects: ONL [Oosterhuis_Lénárd]
- Project: Bálna Budapest
- Location: Közraktárak, Budapest, Hungary
- Photography: Romeodesign
- Software used: Pro Engineer, Oasys, Rhino, 3DMax, VR4Max and Revit, Autodesk
- Design team: Kas Oosterhuis, Ilona Lénárd, Gijs Joosen, Owen Slootweg, Bas Wijnbeld, Anna Nagy, Bujdosó Attila, Márku Judit, Romvári Péter, Tom Krzempek, Rafael Seemann, Paulina Gurak, Michael Gorczynski, Lidia Badarnah, Jan Gasparik, Petr Vokal.
- Partners: MTM Statika – Lead structural engineering, SMG-SiSu – MEP engineering
- Client: Porto Investment Hungary Kft., Budapest
- Gross floor area: 27.000 m2
- Stories: 5 stories, 2 stories parking garage
- Parking garage: 7500 m2
- Year of design completion: 2012
Wednesday, May 13th, 2015
Article source: Studio Wills + Architects
This is a project for an office in a light industrial area in Singapore. Buildings in such areas have low ceiling and big floor plates.
The client acquired an office space with a combined floor area of 400 sqm. Large floor plate coupled with low ceiling resulted in a very oppressive space, which is the given condition of the project.
Arriving at a BLACK Foyer, Image Courtesy © Jeremy San Tze Ning
Saturday, March 21st, 2015
Article source: HMAA, Inc
Office building of a local company built in Kanagawa JAPAN.
The first floor was asked for the inventory storage warehouse, and the second floor was asked for them at a maximum of 16 persons’ business space, and the third floor was asked for an executive room and a conference room.
Image Courtesy © Nobuki Taoaka
- Architects: HMAA, Inc (hiroyuki moriyama architect and associates Inc.)
- Project: Office Building in Kanagawa
- Location: Kanagawa,Japan
- Photography: Nobuki Taoaka
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
China has in recent years become the second largest producer and consumer of movies. With this as a starting point, the Bolong 3D Movie Museum and Mediatek is imagined as the cornerstone of a new media park in Tianjin.
The building design takes it inspiration from the clouds, emphasizing ideas of creativity and inspiration.
Image Courtesy © HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Bolong Movie Museum
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Type: Invited Proposal.
- Size: 74,000 M2 / 80,000 SF.
- Client: Tianjin Urban Panning Bureau.
- Status: Invited Competition, Pending.
- Collaborators: AI.
Thursday, January 8th, 2015
Article source: v2com
Arte Charpentier, the lead architect, will design the new Centre de Congrès et de Spectacles de Calais, in partnership with Abciss-Architectes, as part of a consortium led by the Rabot Dutilleul Group.
Arte Charpentier Architectes presented an ambitious plan for the major cultural facility, to be located on an 18,000 sqm oceanfront site. Featuring rounded contours, it is designed to make the most of the site’s exceptional views: the port to the east; the sea and spa district to the north; and to the south, the city and its historic monuments such as the Risban fort, lighthouse, watchtower and City Hall. The conference and performing arts centre is a strong iconic structure that will focus perspective, giving it more power without concealing the sea view and providing instant appeal to the waterfront.
Image Courtesy © Arte Charpentier Architectes
- Architects: Arte Charpentier Architectes
- Project: New Calais conference centre
- Location: Calais, France
- Software used: SketchUp, AutoCAD and 3ds Max
- Team: Rabot Dutilleul Partenariats (consortium leader), CIPPER, Rabot Dutilleul Construction, Norlit, Sitex, Abciss-Architectes (Calais architect)
- Engineering and design: PROJEX, Diagobat, Architecture Technique, AVEL Acoustique
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: Paolo Venturella Architecture
The Guggenheim Helsinki Museum is a “multi-functional” project that presents the Museum and other related services such as a multi-purpose space, a conference area, a retail plus a restaurant and a bar and lounge areas , and is positioned close to the historic center of the city in the harbour area just along the sea coast.
Image Courtesy © Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Architects: Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Project: “GUGGENEIGHT”- a path designed art museum
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Grasshopper to model the 3d and VRay and photoshop for the visuals
- Team Design: Cosimo Scotucci, Flavia Restaldi
- Year: 2014
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: openUU ltd
Nike: Conference is complete with movable partitions finished in unique Nike fabric and gym motifs. A corridor lounge area features custom furniture modelled after workout polymetric boxes, for easy re-arrangement, and a group workspace bracketed by a blackboard and Astroturf wall. A series of conference rooms are divided by movable partitions featuring white chain-link fence panels that adds unique texture, while providing apparel display structure. Movable partitions, along with sports markings on the wood floor makes it possible for a completely open, linked space.
All 3 conference rooms connected feature graphics, Image Courtesy © openUU ltd
- Architects: openUU ltd
- Project: Nike: Conference center
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014
Article source: COBE
Today, a new iconic Volunteer House for the Danish Red Cross is being unveiled. The building is designed by Danish architects COBE in collaboration with PK3 landscape architects and Søren Jensen engineers.
Image Courtesy © COBE
- Architects: COBE
- Project: Red Cross Volunteer House
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Client: Danish Red Cross – donated by the A. P. Møller Foundation
- Engineers: Søren Jensen Rådgivende Ingeniørfirma (Søren Jensen Consulting Engineer)
- Landscape architects: PK3
- Program: Volunteer House – exhibition and workshop spaces, incident rooms, conference rooms and café area
- Size: 750 m2 (8073 ft2)
- Status: 1st prize in competition in 2013, completed early 2016
Thursday, October 9th, 2014
Article source: Brisbin Brook Beynon Architects
The Ottawa Convention Centre in downtown Ottawa, ON, Canada has been outfitted with a 100-ft. rounded façade, featuring Viracon glass. The facility offers patrons the ability to experience a modern, environmentally friendly setting.
Image Courtesy © Viracon