Archive for the ‘Conference Center’ Category
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: selgascano
El “B” is this long construction, a body, that feeds on the heritage -the continuity- of a site’s treatment: THE Cartagena harbour, which is nothing but a harbour in Cartagena, borderline of the city from the sea.
A very pleasant walk can be designed for the city along this strip, a daily procession following the immutable edge. In fact, this promenade is what we encourage; it is what we insert in the building, in a dimensional continuum that seems to dig out an artificial beach, but is actually a continuity of history, because the old El Batel beach was right here, on this very spot. The harbour is artificial, not the beach. This reclaimed beach-ramp gradually submerges us below the waterline, with the pier’s horizontal line as a constant reference. At this point we cease to belong to the outside world and start to belong to ourselves, ourselves in movement, ourselves strolling, working on the 210 metre scale reserved site for ourselves.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: selgascano
- Project: El Batel Auditorium and Conference center
- Location: Cartagena, Spain
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Head Architects: José Selgas (Madrid 1965), Lucía Cano (Madrid 1965)
- Assistant Architects: Lara Resco, Carlos Chacón, José de Villar, José Jaráiz, Lorena del Río, Blas Antón, Miguel San Millán, Julián Fernández, Beatriz Quintana, Jaehoon Yook, Jeongwoo Choi, Laura Culiáñez, Bárbara Bardín
- Surveyors: Antonio Marmol, Joaquín Cárceles, Raúl Jiménez
- Consultants: FECHOR (structures), JG installations (equipment), LASTRA-ZORRILLA (textile facades), Polimertecnic (translucent facades)
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
Zhengzhou Grand Theater, being the east part of city axis, is located in Zhengzhou Culture District as the best palace of performing arts in the Central Plains, will highlight the art of movement, and manifest the axis status of Zhengzhou in the Chinese culture with an architectural image unique to the Central Plains.
The architectural design concept of this project is: Yellow River Raving, A Dragon Wakes Up in Central China.
Image Courtesy © The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Architects: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Project: Zhengzhou Grand Theater
- Location: Zhengzhou Culture District, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
- Principle architect: Hongyuan Mei
- Scale: Around124, 000m²
- Total land area: 36219m²
- Total construction area: 96,941m²
- Volume rate: 1.48
- Design period: June 2015 to February 2017
- Completion: End of 2019
- Project status: Under construction
Thursday, July 6th, 2017
Article source: BNIM Architects
BNIM led the initial Campus Master Plan and Conceptual Design process, which was complet-ed in April 2012, for the Pacific Center Campus Development. In August of that year, BNIM was again selected to lead the design of a two-building campus expansion. The two buildings add 410,000 square feet of office, dry laboratory, catering/café, health center, fitness center, lecture hall, multi-purpose learning and conference space to the campus. Both buildings have received LEED gold certification.
Image Courtesy © BNIM Architects
- Architects: BNIM Architects
- Project: Pacific Center Campus Development
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Software used: Revit
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Article source: Bernard Desmoulin Architecte
The architect’s statement
This little wooden building is seemingly more a line on a strech of water than an architectural structure.
Located on a lake, in the french region of the Vexin, this conference room becomes part of the majesty of this place of peace, harmony and calmness.
Its shape reminds of timeless vernacular architecture, using the familiar language of a fisherman’s house on slits. Just like the choice of the materials.
Image Courtesy © Bernard Desmoulin Architecte
- Architects: Bernard Desmoulin Architecte
- Project: Conference Room at The Moulin De La Forge
- Location: Vexin, France
- Programm: Conference room (300 sqm) on the lake of the Moulin de la Forge in Vaumain (FR – 60)
- Construction: January/August 2016
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: AZL Architects
The trend of modernization and urbanization in rural development inevitably requires the introduction of new types of functions. As multi-functional buildings with large space, the Internet conference center is one of them. Taking the commune auditorium and the vegetable greenhouse as the original form, Shitang Village Project in Jiangning tries to reconstruct public buildings in a rural context. Efforts have been made to rapidly build a system through industrialization, bringing in the technology of pre-fabricated super slender column structure, selectively applying suitable technology to eliminate the existence of weakened and materialized buildings and restoring the primitive feeling of rural villages, hence having conducted a rejuvenated construction practice in an extremely short construction period of time in rural villages.
View of the north facade, Image Courtesy © Hou Bowen
- Architects: AZL Architects (Zhong Huaying, Zhang Lei)
- Project: Shitang Internet Conference Center
- Location: Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
- Photography: Yao Li, Hou Bowen
- Design team: Zhong Huaying, Zhang Lei, Xi Hong
- Cooperative Organization: Institute of Architecture Design and Planing Co.,Ltd.of Nanjing University Shanghai Tongji Steel Structure Technology,Ltd
- Total floor area: 3000 sqm
- Design/Completion: 2016/10.15.2016
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: Zalewski Architecture Group
“GE Customer Experience Center” –an exhibition and conference space at GE Brilliant Factory in Bielsko-Biala.
The main objective of the exhibition space is to present the products of GE grouped in thematic areas (Industrial Area, Commercial Area, Application Area) and at the same time familiarizing viewers with additional information by means of multimedia installations. Various product groups and their issues are presented within a dedicated “islands” – annexes to the general exhibition space. Each area is contains a media kiosk equipped with a high- resolution overhead projector providing a picture on the elliptical walls made of translucent stretched material. The walls shall perform the function of screens on which projections are displayed.
Image Courtesy © Tomasz Zakrzewski / Archifolio
- Architects: Zalewski Architecture Group (Krzysztof Zalewski, Adam Gil)
- Project: GE Customer Experience Center
- Location: Bielsko-Biała, Poland
- Photography: Tomasz Zakrzewski / Archifolio
- Investor: GE Power Controls
- Usable area: approx. 1,000 m2
- Realization time: 2016
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Article source: Yaroslav Galant
“Yaroslav Galant innovative design” studio has finished work on the project for football club “Grupo Desportivo Estoril Praia” (Portugal). The new dynamic structure has been constructed on a roof of already existing building.
“Clube 39” includes offices and the universal transformable space, which joins restaurant, training center, conference hall, museum and open terrace facing training fields.
Image Courtesy © Dima Kornilov
- Architects: Yaroslav Galant
- Project: Clube 39
- Location: Estoril, Portugal
- Photography: Dima Kornilov
- Architect in charge: Bogdan Vesna
- Designer/Decorator: Ilona Galant, Yaroslav Galant
- Area: 300m2
- Project Year: 2017
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: Sunil Patil & Associates
Circuit house is a government public building which not only accommodates the VIP authorities but also acts as a node for political meetings, government authorities’ discussions and conferences. Usually, circuit houses have large number of visitors and occupancy can vary extremely.
The project site is located in Pune – political hub for western Maharashtra. The project is mainly divided into two parts-
- Accommodation – Guest suites
- Public areas –Conference and meeting hall facilities, Dining, Reception, VIP and visitor’s waiting areas etc.
VVIP Circuit house is designed as green building where planning is derived from vernacular architecture – The shaded courtyard, transition spaces like passages and terraces, jalis in form of louvers carry vernacular ethos in highly contemporary architectural style. Our focus here is to design a climate responsive building with passive strategies for thermal and visual comfort along with innovative active strategies to achieve energy efficient green building, Image Courtesy © Mr. Hemant patil
- Architects: Sunil Patil & Associates
- Project: VVIP Circuit House
- Location: Pune, India
- Photography: Mr. Hemant patil
- Client: Public Works Department, Maharashtra
- Lead Architects: Ar. Sunil patil, Ar. Anuja pandit, Er. Sanjay patil
- Green Building Consultants: Environmental Design Solutions
- Structural Consultants: Dr. A. B. Kulkarni associates, Sangali
- MEP Consultant: Siddhivinayak Mep Consultants, Pune
- Civil Contractors: Shubham Civil Pvt. Ltd, Pune
Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Article source: v2com
The Wangari Muta Maathai House Johannesburg, South Africa Boogertman + Partners Architects
The Wangari Muta Maathai House is envisaged as a living memorial – a forum for experiential learning for all Kenyans, Africans and peoples of the globe. Unfolding the life of Wangari Maathai, in an intimate facility, will enable visitors to understand her commitment to human rights, environmental conservation and promoting the culture of peace.
View from the Water Element, Image Courtesy © Boogertman + Partners Architects
- Architects: Boogertman + Partners Architects
- Project: The Wangari Muta Maathai House
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Client: The Wangari Muta Maathai Foundation
- Project Directors: Bob van Bebber, Johann de Wet
- Team: Judith Paterson, Dilushka Barlow
- Site area: 8.2 Acres
- Green Belt Movement Offices area: 2.2 Acres
- Wangari Maathai Foundation area: 6 Acres
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: Ingarden & Ewý Architects
ICE Kraków Congress Centre is a modern, world-class venue dedicated to culture – music, opera, ballet, theatre – and congresses. Designed at the highest standards of acoustics and mechanics. Besides the three main halls with 1915, 600, and 300 seats, the shell holds a multifunctional conference space of 550m2. ICE Kraków stands in the most prestigious location in Poland: opposite Wawel Castle, a location that influenced main design decisions. Hiding a multi-story foyer open to a panorama of Kraków, the Vistula embankment façade is spectacularly transparent. The outer shell combines glass, ceramics, and aluminium, with colours ceramic tiles reflecting those of the interior: red of the Auditorium Hall, graphite of Theatre Hall, white of the foyer, and the silvery aluminum used for the roof.
Image Courtesy © Krzysztof Ingarden
- Architects: Ingarden & Ewý Architects
- Project: ICE Krakow Convention Centre
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Photography: Krzysztof Ingarden
- Software used: Autocad and Rhino
- Client: Krakow Municipal Office
- Design consultant: Arata Isozaki & Associates (AIA)
- Cooperating architects: KKM Kozień Architekci, K3 Architekci
- Structural design: Project Service
- HVAC: ARUP
- Acoustics: ARUP Acoustics – Ove Arup & Partners International Ltd, Raf Orlowski (chief consultant), Construction supervision and testing: Raf Orlowski, Ramboll Acoustics
- General contractor: Budimex SA and Ferrovial Agroman SA
- Operator: Krakow Festival Office