Archive for the ‘development’ Category
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Article source: Building
In 1983 the Boffa family established Building Spa, a development and construction company. After 31 years, Building is composed of design, architecture, and building experts which main objective is to create new initiatives in the metropolitan, industrial, and commercial sectors. As a team, the company has achieved to create properties, paying special attention to the construction process, starting from the design stage and ending with the details of finishing, including a strenuous search for proper materials and adequate architectural solutions. As a result, the company is involved in the purchase of land, design, construction, freehold commercialization, and management.
Image Courtesy © Piero Ottaviano
- Architects: Building
- Project: The Number 6
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Photography: Piero Ottaviano
- Client: Building Domus, Piero Boffa, Luca Boffa
- Design team: Building Engineering
- Collaborators: (Luca Petrone, Salvatore Grillo, Marco Gribaudo, Daniele Uria, Paolo Palomba, Omar Brotto, Fabio Mellina Gottardo, Cristina Scarpetta, Laura Sarasino, Andrea Serapioni, Cristina Stranieri, Roberto Daloiso, Danilo Brotto, Mario Uria)
- Construction company: Building S.p.A
- Art director: Richi Ferrero
- Area: 9500mq
- Year: 2013
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: Smith Vigeant architectes
Discovery Centre for the Mont-Tremblant National Park – Showcasing the Splendour of Wood
Located in the Mont-Tremblant National Park, the Discovery Centre offers a stunning view of Lake Monroe and its surrounding hills and mountains.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Brugger
- Architects: Smith Vigeant architectes
- Project: Centre de découverte du parc national du Mont-Tremblant
- Location: Mont-Tremblant National Park, (QC) Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Brugger
- Name of client: SÉPAQ
- Architect in charge: Daniel Smith, architect, OAQ, LEED®PA
- Design Team: Daniel Smith, Anik Malderis, Julien Gouin-Charbonneau, Karine Renaud, Cindy Neveu, Stéphan Vigeant
- Engineers: CLA experts-conseils & Martin Roy et associates
- Landscape Architects: VLAN
- Contractor: CRT Construction Inc.
- Lighting Design: Smith Vigeant architects, Martin Roy et associates, EDP inc
- Project size: 600M2 (6 450pi2)
- Cost: 2.8M$
- Date of completion: 08/2014
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Article source: alcolea+tárrago arquitectos
The debate around work spaces from the beginning of the industrial revolution has been a constant topic in architecture. The necessity of accommodate new uses because of new activities has improved new tipologies for the discipline and the city. In this sense, it is easy to remember good examples both of buildings and cities.
Image Courtesy © alcolea+tárrago arquitectos
- Architects: alcolea+tárrago arquitectos
- Project: INNOVA. LOCAL AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Publications: 00x European Architecture, Verlagshaus Braun, Berlin, 2006., European Collection of Offices, Chris van Uffelen Verlag, Stuttgart, 2010
- Customer: Ajuntament de Pineda de Mar (promotor público)
- Executive surveyor: Ayuntamiento de Pineda de Mar
- Collaborators: Rubén A. Alcolea, Jorge Tárrago, José Ángel Medina Murua (arquitectos, equipo redactor),LIZHER Ingeniería (consultoría instalaciones), Isabelino Rio (presupuesto), chroma digital (infografías).
- Project date: septiembre 2005
- End date: in progress
- Budget: 1,993,656.03 euros
- Area: 2.080,80 m2
- Constructor: Excover, S.A.
Sunday, September 1st, 2013
Article source: Coop Himmelb(l)au
Crystal Cloud of Knowledge
The future society will be a society of knowledge. However this knowledge can hardly be split into clearly defined fields.
Innovations develop within interspaces, within indistinctness, within the overlapping and hybridising. Questions regarding the future will be decided within transitional fields situated between technology, biology and ethics that are the central themes of the Musée des Confluences.
Image Courtesy © Hubert Canet, Balloïde Photo
- Architects: Coop Himmelb(l)au
- Project: Musée des Confluences
- Location: Lyon, France
- Photography: Markus Pillhofer, Hubert Canet, Balloïde Photo
- Planning: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU Wolf D. Prix, Helmut Swiczinsky + Partner
- Project Partner: Markus Prossnigg
- Project Architects: Mona Bayr, Angus Schoenberger
- Project Coordination: Thomas Margaretha, Peter Grell
- Project Team Vienna: Christopher Beccone, Guy Bébié, Lorenz Bürgi, Wolfgang Fiel, Kai Hellat, Robert Haranza, Alex Jackson, Georg Kolmayr, Daniel Kerbler, Lucas Kulnig, Andreas Mieling, Marianna Milioni, Andrea Schöning, Mario Schwary, Markus Schwarz, Oliver Tessmann, Dionicio Valdez, Philipp Vogt, Markus Wings, Tom Wiscombe, Christoph Ziegler, Jutta Schädler
- Project Team Lyon: Francois Texier, Philippe Folliasson, Etienne Champenois, Alexandru Gheorghe, Niels Hiller, Emanuele Iacono, Pierre-Yves Six
- Client: Département du Rhône, Lyon, France, Represented by SERL, Lyon, France
- Planning: Patriarche & Co, Chambéry/Lyon, France
- Execution: MESA Workshop, Lyon, France
- Project Managerment: Chabanne & Partenaires, Lyon, France
- Construction Survey Lyon: Jean Pierre Debray
- Costs: Mazet & Associés, Paris, France, CUBIC, Lyon, France
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013
Article source: Peter Ruge Architekten
Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote the condition of physical and emotional human health. Situated in China’s Hainan Province in Boao Lecheng on the Wanquan River, five island districts bring together world-class medical facilities, employ new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a sustainable urban prototype. Pathways toward a sustainable future are forged through strong ties to local identity and respect for history. By establishing a cross-disciplinary and inter-cultural approach to design that is routed in China’s long history, a comprehensive and well considered scheme is achieved.
Image Courtesy © Peter Ruge Architekten
- Architects: Peter Ruge Architekten
- Project: Green Health City
- Location: Boao Lecheng, Hainan, China
- Client: China Power International New Energy Holding LTD, 570216 Haikou, Hainan Province, P.R. China , Web: www.cpine.com.cn
- Project Partners: INFRAWIND EURASIA e.V. Berlin, Charité Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin
- Brief: Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote human health. Five island districts bring together world class medical facilities, implement new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a 100% co2 neutral footprint.
- Scope of services: Concept master planning, preliminary design of city districts, integrated transportation network planning, green energy concept development.
- Size: Total Area: 28 km²
- Duration: 2012-2013
- Presentations: United Nations RIO +20 Implementation Summit, Berlin, 2013,Asia Pacific Week, Berlin, 2013 , Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference, Boao, 2013 (more…)
Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Article source: Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
The project stems from a major international competition in which the Principality of Monaco gave the opportunity for private investors to propose an extension of the principle of the sea with the construction of residences, offices, museums, hotels for a gross built-up area of up to 275,000 square meters.
Image Courtesy Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
- Architects: Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Monaco – Montecarlo SeaLand
- Location: Montecarlo, Monaco
- Program: extension of the Monaco city on the sea with new residential, office, hotel, museums
- Client: Monte Carlo Sea Land Ltd.
- Competition: 2007- 2008
- Design team: Arata Isozaki, Tokyo + Andrea Maffei Architects, Milan Studio Daniel Libeskind, New York Alexandre Giraldi, Monaco
- Landscape: West 8, Rotterdam
- Structure: Ove Arup & Partners, NY
- Plants: Ove Arup & Partners, NY
- Enviroment: Ove Arup & Partners, NY
- Program and cost planning: Currie & Brown, London
- General contractor: Condotte, Astaldi, Impregilo
- Project manager: Bovis Lend Lease
- Site area: 160.000 mq. artificial island
- Gross floor area: 275.000 – 315.000 mq.