70 Million expected visitors were welcomed by the entrance building of Stuttgart architects SBA International on EXPO 2010.
On 1 May 2010, EXPO 2010 was opened in Shanghai. The EXPO-AXIS presents itself to visitors as a colourful symbol of the world exhibition and the town of Shanghai. With a length of almost 1000 meters and a width of more than 100, the EXPO-AXIS reaches from the main entrance square across the complete EXPO area and down to the banks of the Huangpu river. It is one of five buildings that will remain standing after the world exhibition to later form the centre of a new quarter of Shanghai.
- Architects: SBA International
- Project: THE EXPO-AXIS Gates
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Architects Team: Hong Li and Bianca Nitsch, SBA International
- Team Members: Cathrin Fischer, Reinhard Braun, Benedikt Köster, Lei Zhang
- Software used: AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, 3ds max, SketchUp and for the structural analysis of the membrane roof: EASY Membrane, Rhinoceros 4.0