Archive for the ‘Elementary School’ Category
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Article source: Peripheriques Architectes
Being implanted up to the plot boudaries and limited on a first floor level, we were able to clear and transform the central part into a large, airy and protected yard. The constructions on stilts form wide covered playgrounds forming real exterior volumes. The student residence is taking place above, expressed in a high leveled volume as to create a distinct identity.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Peripheriques Architectes (Anne-Françoise Jumeau + Emmanuelle Marin + David Trottin)
- Project: Elementary School And Student Residence
- Location: 93 Zac Porte de Paris, Saint-Denis, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Client: Ville De Saint-Denis / Espacil Habitat
- Area: 4367m² shon (net floor area) elementary school/ 1046m² shon (net floor area) student residence
- Cost: 8,78 M€ not including VAT elementary school, 1,24 M€ not including VAT student residence, Total 10M€ not including area ( value of july 2010)
- Competition: July 2010
- Hand over: May 2014
Saturday, December 12th, 2015
Article source: Derrington Building Studio
In 2013, the Khabele School purchased a 4-acre property with an existing daycare facility to expand their rapidly growing elementary program. In the school’s initial meeting with Derrington Building Studio principal, Tim Derrington, their directive was simple—design the campus as “a village in the forest.” The school’s limited budget and tight schedule, along with the site’s sensitive environmental restrictions, posed unique challenges.
Each teacher arranged their classroom in different ways, and broke each classroom into subzones that could not have been predicted, Image Courtesy © Peter Molick Photography
- Architects: Derrington Building Studio
- Project: Khabele Elementary Expansion
- Location: Austin, Texas, US
- Photography: Peter Molick Photography
- Software used: Vectorworks, SketchUp
- General Contractor
: American Constructors
- Civil Engineer
: Thompson Land Engineering
- Total SF
- MEP Engineer
: EEA Consulting Engineers
- Year: 2015
Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
Article source: Rueda Pizarro Arquitectos
Inspired in the duality between the world of adults and the world of children described in the work of Lewis Carroll, the project proposes transferring Alice ‘s universe to the primary school; a world full of sensations, experiences, games, scales and colors where both coexist.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Rueda Pizarro Arquitectos
- Project: Pablo Neruda Elementary School
- Location: Alcorcón (Madrid), Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Rueda Pizarro Arquitectos SLP.María José Pizarro, Óscar Rueda.Antonio Cantero, Miguel Chillerón, Alberto Galindo, Laura Montero, Pedro G. Merino.
- Area: 1.503,35 sqm.
- Client: Alcorcón City Council
Tuesday, March 5th, 2013
Article source: R2K Architectes
The building is located in Limeil-Brevannes, near Paris. It Consists of three preschools and elementary schools of two. As the method of commissioning was used so called “design-build” system, Where the competition offers teams Both the building and all planes are fixed price. Beside schools, an apartment building of social housing flats of 46 was included to the competition program. Time for the competition was one month. The decision for the winner was made in April 2011 and the inauguration of the building was Held 18 months later. The building of the apartment building next starts in April.
Image Courtesy © Jussi Tiainen
- Architects: R2K Architectes
- Project: Groupe Scolaire Pasteur
- Location: Limeil-Brevannes, France
- Photography: Jussi Tiainen
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Tuesday, December 4th, 2012
Article source: Marshall Moya Design
The design of Mann Elementary School was conceptualized with a vision to unite indoor and outdoor learning spaces, and to centralize the collaboration of students. The heart of the school is layered with “green” spaces that foster sustainable urban gardening and promote nature-filled learning. The indoor and outdoor structures are intertwined with lush green spaces and botanical gardens that allow students to learn not only in their classrooms, but also outside, fostering curiosity, learning, and discovery.
Image Courtesy Marshall Moya Design
Saturday, October 20th, 2012
Article source: Grupa 5 Architekci
An elementary school in a picturesque and tranquil suburbian town near Warsaw.
The building is embedded in a unique setting in the center of the town – surrounded by freestanding family houses, intimate gardens and an old church. In order to tie in to the existing context, the relatively large object was divided into several smaller ones, with the largest part – the gym hidden at the back.
Image Courtesy Marcin Czechowicz
- Architects: Grupa 5 Architekci (Dziedziejko, Kadłubowski, Leszczyński, Mycielski, Zelent)
- Project: An elementary school near Warsaw
- Location: Podkowa Leśna, Poland
- Photography: Marcin Czechowicz
- Architect In Charge: Marcin Zatoński
- Construction: 2009-2011
- Total Area: 3500 m2
Saturday, January 14th, 2012
Article source: Randic Turato architects
Veli Vrh is a suburb in Pula with low density housing dominated by the school on top of the hill. In February 2008 the school caught on fire and burned down, creating an unusual void bordered with the pine trees in the middle of a typical suburban sprawl. This specific condition of emptiness was the basis for the design concept.
Images Courtesy Zelimir Grzancic
- Architect: Randic Turato architects
- Name of Project: Elementary school Veli Vrh
- Location: Pula, Croatia
- Site area: 21,635 m2
- Built area: 9,675 m2
- Model: vilijam brajković
- Photography: Domagoj Blazevic, Sandro Lendler and Zelimir Grzancic