Archive for the ‘Extention’ Category
Thursday, April 28th, 2016
Article source: FELD Architecture
Originally built in the 1930s, the existing house was first expanded in the 1950s.
The addition of a new modern construction prolongs it to the east and provides wider openings on the landscape.
Image Courtesy © FELD Architecture
- Architects: FELD Architecture
- Project: HOUSE EXTENSION
- Location: Courbevoie, France
- Floor area: 180 sqm
- Duration of studies: 6 months
- Construction: 18 months
- Completion: 2015
Saturday, April 16th, 2016
Article source: Lab-S
Dutch design studio Lab-S has renovated a 30’s row house in the city of Utrecht (the Netherlands) and added a contemporary two story extension in harmony with the old house. The house has been made suitable for a young family with three kids as each floor has been given a new layout. Also, the old extension at the back of the house has been replaced by a new one of the same size. The design of this new façade is inspired by the old rear façade, with its large amount of window frames. Lab-S chose to keep the steel structure of the new extension in sight and add new steel window frames in the same colour. The result is a robust and at the same time slender looking extension that lets natural light enter deep into the old building.
Image Courtesy © Suzanne Paap
- Architects: Lab-S
- Project: Renovation and extension of a 30’s row house
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Photography: Suzanne Paap
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Structural Engineer: Remco Luijendijk
- Builder: Somniare
- Project Year: 2015
Sunday, March 20th, 2016
Article source: kirsch ZT GmbH
The “Open Air” School of the city of Vienna, often referred to as the \”Baslerschule\”, completed in 1951 and designed by Roland Rainer, is located on the southern outskirts of Vienna (23rd district) in the middle of a heterogeneous environment. This elongated, L-shaped, single-storey, landmarked building with a gabled roof received an extension in the 1970s in the form of four free-standing annexed classrooms constructed in wood adjoining the eastern end of school grounds.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: kirsch ZT GmbH
- Project: School Extension Elementary School
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
Saturday, February 20th, 2016
Article source: Foster + Partners
A gala was held in Palm Beach today on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Norton Museum of Art, which coincided with the groundbreaking ceremony for The New Norton. The event was attended by Lord Foster along with Norton Executive Director Hope Alswang, and Norton Board of Trustees Chairman Harry Howell. The New Norton will revitalise and expand the existing museum, adding more galleries and visitor facilities, while restoring the original axial layout of the Museum, set within an exotic Floridian landscape. It seeks to enhance the experience of art by reinforcing the relationship between the building and the landscape and create a new social focus for the community. It also lays the foundations for the future growth of the museum to become one of Florida’s leading cultural institutions.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: The new extension at the Norton Museum of Art
- Location: Florida, US
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Article source: CBD Contemporary Building Design d.o.o.
The department of wood science and technology is an extension of the Biotechnical faculty and is attached to surrounding buildings via an existing connecting corridor. A central hallway parts the rectangular building with dimensions 40 x 13,5 m in plan to professors’ cabinets in the southern from laboratories in the northern part. A glazed belt over the hallway is formed by an arc shaped roof and provides daylight to the interior.
Image Courtesy © Damjan Švarc
- Architects: CBD Contemporary Building Design d.o.o.
- Project: Extension of the Biotechnical Faculty
- Location: Rožna dolina, Cesta VIII/34, 1000 Ljubljana
- Photography: Damjan Švarc
- Structural design: Bruno Dujič, Jurij Jančar CBD d.o.o.
- Electrical installations: Ciril Bokal, Ciril Bokal s.p.
- Mechanical Engineer: Boštjan Petru, IB Petru d.o.o.
- Ground floor: gross 542 m2
- Designed: 2014
- Built: 2015
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: Fumihiko Sano
This work was made for the exhibition, “Measuring: This much, That much, How much?” held at 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT from February 20th to May 30th, 2015.
I designed this in collaboration with MUJI, using their first furniture product, the steel shelving unit.
First, I began the project by discussing the importance of this steel shelving unit with the designers at MUJI to study what this product meant for them.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shima /Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON+Ryohin keikaku
- Project: Unit of MUJI
- Location: 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, Minato-ku,Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Daisuke Shima / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Construction: Fumihiko sano / studio phenomenon
- Site area: 13.40m²
- Completion: 2/2015
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The 1st prize in the competition for the extension and conversion of the Swiss Hôpital du Valais at Sion goes to gmp Architects and Ferrari Architects. The extension building adds its additional space at a suitable distance from the existing building. The existing and new buildings form a cohesive light-flooded ensemble with short routes using the open space and a circular access route.
Image Courtesy © gmp
Thursday, December 24th, 2015
Architects: PUZZLE’S architecture
The house of the family, built in 1730, is located in the valley of Lustin (Belgium) at the border of a dead end street, next to a huge forest. The plot, an area of 3600 meters square, is strongly undulated. On one side of the land you have the house, and on the other side the forest. Between them, flows a river. The landscape is full of vegetation and is highlighted by grass, trees, an orchard, a vegetable garden and an apiary.
Image Courtesy © Severin Malaud
- Architects: PUZZLE’S architecture, Thomas Gillet, Mathieu Henquet
- Project: House Extension in Lustin
- Location: Lustin, Belgium
- Photography: Severin Malaud
- Client: Alain Gillet
- Spécial equipment: Pulsis – Stephane Barbier
- Stability: Luc delvaux
- Existing surface: 35 m2
- New surface: 90m2
- Start of the project: 2012
- End of the project: 2015
- Budget: 230.000 euros
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
Article source: Tectoniques architects
Proudhon secondary school was built in 1971. It is located in the Palente district, to the north of Besançon. It is surrounded by the Pergaud sixth form secondary school and the Orchamps gymnasium. The original architecture is typical of the mass urbanisation of the 1960s and the policy of standardisation, two phenomena which forged the “ordinary” heritage of the 20th century.
Image Courtesy © Tectoniques architects
- Architects: Tectoniques architects
- Project: Restructuring and extension of the Proudhon secondary school
- Location: Besançon, France
- Client: Conseil Général du Doubs, represented by Henri-Michel Bouton
- Project Management: Tectoniques, Lead Architect, Architectures A.Scaranello, Associate Architect
- Total Gross Floor Area: 10,116 m2
- Budget: €13,491,542 ex. VAT
- Before works: 7,523m2
- Demolition: 3,222m2
- Renovation: 4,301m2
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
The project is the last one which Dushe team (www.shdsd.cn) designed in ECADI.
This fragmented system is frequently used as an interpretation of contemporary cities; the iconic fragment becomes the signature of the city. But the city itself contains abundant resources. The 99% of these fragments are unknown for the public, but the city is also composed of background buildings.
Image Courtesy © Peter
- Architects: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
- Project: The expansion project of Dongjiao State Guest Hotel
- Location: Pudong district, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Peter
- Project Owner: Dongjiao State Guest Hotel, Shanghai Donghu(Group) Co.
- Design Manager: Di Shen (Xian Dai Architectural Design Group Co.), Kege Ling（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Principal Architects: Qilin Zhang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）, Yijia Liu（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Chief Engineer of Architecture: Limin Wang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Building Area: 8,000 square meters
- Site Area: 5,000 square meters