Archive for the ‘Facade’ Category
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
The classical department store is defined by a strict physiognomy: a box with four façades. This constraint was the principal challenge to be overcome in the project. Dematerializing the material was the guiding concept used to create diffuse limits based on the horizontality of the solid and void elements to achieve an effect of floating layers.
Image Courtesy © Paul Rivera
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: Palacio de Hierro Antea Façade
- Location: Queretaro, Mexico
- Photography: Paul Rivera
- President: Arq. Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Arq. Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Arq. Humberto Mendoza
- Facade Area: 9,000 m2
- Design Date: 2014
- Termination Date: 2014
- Status: Built
- Architecture Team: Arq. Fernando Sordo Madaleno de Haro, Arq. Julian SIlva, Arq. Andrés Muñoz
- Media and Marketing: Arq. Rosalba Rojas, Maria Luisa Guzmán
- Structural Engineering y Construction Coordination: Grupo RIOBOO
- Lightning Consultant: Noriega Iluminación
Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Article source: bandesign,Ltd. Hisanori Ban
A family has never been forgotten pretty comfortable space. They remember that one day went camping to a valley, go ahead bravely in deep, and then found a place finally where they could see no people without the family. The family named it Secret Garden.
There is everything at the garden and every necessary in the tent for the family. They imaged for them house as the place.
Image Courtesy © Shigetomo Mizuno
- Architects: bandesign,Ltd. Hisanori Ban
- Project: Secret Garden
- Location: Komaki City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Shigetomo Mizuno
- Building area: 144.53sqm
- Site area: 473.97sqm
- Year: 2014
Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Article source: Alvaro Moragrega / arquitecto
At the heart of the Colonia Americana a 5 story project is designed inspired by the industrial buildings of the inter-war period. The main façade has an orthodox abstract rhythm of void and filled spaces that do not follow any structural order. The voids themselves have a second protective lattice with falling crosses evocative of similar lattices often used in the area by the Escuela Tapatía.
Image Courtesy © Alvaro Moragrega / arquitecto
Friday, November 14th, 2014
Article source: UMA
Our shelter was designed to be interactive with its visitors in a playful way, with a front facade shingled with bum sliders and a backside that consists of a big pile of snow.
Image Courtesy © UMA
- Architects: UMA
- Project: Bum Shack
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Keyshot and Photoshop
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Article source: Curime Batliner
The piece, “Design Miami” was an investigation into the design and fabrication of aggregated assemblies and was intended from its initial design stage to be shown as a concept piece at Design Miami.
Image Courtesy © Curime Batliner
- Architects: Curime Batliner
- Project: Design Miami
- Material Description: 3D CNC milled wall piece with ABS and pouder printed inlets / Matte white finish
- Exhibit: Johnson Trading Gallery / Booth Aranda Lasch @ Design Miami
- People / Organizations:
- Design: Curime Batliner, Stephan Sobl
- Collaborators: Benjamin Aranda , Chris Lasch
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Article source: Benjamin Garcia Saxe
Framing and fading the view become guidelines for the imagination; where an escape from the city is built and transported into a fictional world that is dancing with the wind, and light plays absorbed by its threads that catch between their frames a changing landscape.
Image Courtesy © Andres Garcia Lachner
- Architects: Benjamin Garcia Saxe
- Project: Cascades of Lights
- Location: San Jose, Costa Rica, U.S.A
- Photography: Andres Garcia Lachner
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Date: August, 2014
- Veritas University Professors: Arq. Benjamin Garcia Saxe, Arq. Laura Morelli
- Veritas University Assistant: Arq. Cesar Coto Leandro
- Design Development: Murillo Poblador Maria Jose, San Martin Cruz Ana Laura, Calvo Mendez Andrea Johanna, Campos Jimenez Silvia, Corrales Morera Melisa, Esquivel Isern Javier, Gamboa Amador Jose Alonso, Garcia Fernandez Mayline Diala, Gutierrez Chaves Priscilla, Gutierrez Nigro Maria Jose, Lopez Castro Daniela Maria, Montero Delgado Nery Sophia, Muñoz Alguera Mariela Paola, Quesada Pizarro Diana Maria, Rojas Murillo Jose Mario, Vasquez Barquero Jose Esteban, Aguilar Quesada Daniela Maria, Alvarez Tacsan Maria Jose, Barquero Carranza Lissa, Carolina, Ellis Wegley, Amy Rebeca, Fonseca Montalto Maria Jose, Gomez Duran Christian, Mena Guerrero, Maria Jose, Morel Julien, Porras Castro Andrea, Rodriguez Alvarado Alonso, Salas Araya Estrella, Sanabria Rojas Jacqueline, Segura Matamoros Jose Pablo, Vargas Jara, Javier Alonso, Vinocour Alvarez Carlos Alberto, Currea Natalia
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
The development of the ‘De Ham’ site is part of an urban renewal taking place on several fronts. The proposal has been worked out by contractor and project developer Alheembouw NV and fits within a public private partnership.
The project will be carried out in collaboration with BURO II & ARCHI+I as designer and Prem Hotels NV as operator of the hotel facilities.
Image Courtesy © Bart Heijnens
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: Urban development project ‘De Ham‘
- Location: Oudenaarde, Belgium
- Photography: Bartn Heijnens
- Client: Stadsbestuur
- Team: BURO II & ARCHI+I EN ALHEEMBOUW I.S.M. ALHEEMBOUW, PREM GROUP, VECOBO, ABICON, GROEP VAN WELDEN, SONORCONTROL, CEE ENGINEERING, BM ENGINEERING, BUREAU VOOR VRIJE RUIMTE
- Area surface: 38.200 sqm
- Gross floor area: 7.784,00 sqm [aboveground] + 3.450,00 sqm [underground] (more…)
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Article source: A4 Studio Ltd.
Designed by A4 Studio, their design proposal for the new facade for the Budapest Vasas Sports club, one of the oldest and most successful sports associations in Hungary, won the realistic dream project award in the Trimo Architectural Awards competition. The novelty of the planned façade is the plasticity of the manner in which the sports figures are represented. The basic system: the embossed Art Me TRIMO laminated panel. It souter appearance incorporates one single simulated gold metal surface (with varying hues of gold), a reference to the previous sports successes of the club. More images and architects’ description after the break.
Image Courtesy © A4 Studio Ltd.
- Architects: A4 Studio Ltd.
- Project: Vasas Sports Hall Facade
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Design Team: Géza Kendik, Zoltán Papp, Orsolya Maza
- Area: 1200 m2
- Year: 2012
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: HAVER & BOECKER
Situated on the Asian side of Istanbul in an area of 950,000m², Teknopark Istanbul will host around a thousand local and foreign research and development laboratories.
Image Courtesy © HAVER & BOECKER
- Architects: HAVER & BOECKER
- Project: Media Façade IMAGIC WEAVE®
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Sunday, September 28th, 2014
Article source: Spark Architects
SPARK’s ‘pleated’ and ‘woven’ façade for the award-winning mixed-use development Jing Mian Xin Cheng in Beijing demonstrates that depth of experience need not be forgotten despite the speed of the central city’s expansion. ‘Pleats’ of perforated aluminium sheeting and a ‘weave’ of rippling windows resolve a variety of practical issues while referencing a textile market that formerly operated on the site.
Image Courtesy © ShuHe
- Architects: SPARK Architects
- Project: ‘Pleated’ and ‘woven’ façade for Jing Mian Xin Cheng
- Location: Beijing
- Photography: ShuHe
- Project Director: Jan Felix Clostermann
- Project Architect: Phi Wenhui Lu
- Team: Andrew Ng, Chris Taeubert
- Client: Sino OceanSino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited
- Total GFA (sqm): 87,800