Archive for the ‘Facade’ Category
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Article source: Burnazzi Feltrin Architects
The Ranzi Palace is located in the historic center of Trento and it is one of the most important town’s buildings, thanks to the neo-Renaissance proportions and the beautiful terracotta decorations that adorn the facades.
Image Courtesy © Carlo Baroni
- Architects: Burnazzi Feltrin Architects
- Project: Restoration facades of Ranzi Palace
- Location: Trento, Italy
- Photography: Carlo Baroni, studio archives
- Team: Burnazzi Elisa arch., Feltrin Davide arch.
- Client: corporate
- Year: 2010
Sunday, May 3rd, 2015
Article source: Moradavaga
“Vira-Lata” is the name of the installation conceived by Moradavaga. A communication tower which connects an upper street with the new public square next to Porto’s São Bento train station by a staircase and invites visitors at the same time to write their messages on the 2300 turn-able cans facade.
Image Courtesy © Moradavaga
- Architects: Moradavaga
- Project: VIRA-LATA
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Collaboration: (Manfred Eccli, Pedro Cavaco Leitão, Rossana Ribeiro)
- Partner: Cavaco & Coquet, Lda
- Structure: Catari Portugal
- Support: Colep
- Date: 21 of March 2015 – September 2015
Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Article source: Atelier Pierre Thibault
The revitalization of the historic village of Val-Jalbert aims to enhance the architectural integration between yesterday and today. Invaded by an impressive natural strength, the fall of the Ouiatchouan river reveals a striking story in the heart of the experiential trail of Val-Jalbert.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Pierre Thibault
- Architects: Atelier Pierre Thibault
- Project: Val-Jalbert Belvedere
- Location: Historical village of Val-Jalbert, Québec, Canada
- Software used: AutoCad
- Design Team: Pierre Thibault, Jérôme Lapierre, Mathieu Leclerc
- Year: 2014
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Article source: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON
1981 Born in Nara
At the construction company, dealing with traditional Japanese style, studied technique, material, and culture as a carpenter after the graduation from a high school.
Participates in construction of a tearoom, a Japanese restaurant, a Japanese hotel, the State Guest house,and etc.
2011 Established Fumihiko Sano studio PHENOMENON.
Dealing with the design and installation by making the best use of what learned as carpenter and Modern sence.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shimokawa / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON
- Project: MIWA
- Location: 12 rue Jacob ,Paris ,France
- Photography: Daisuke Shimokawa / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Construction：Sagara builder／Tsumiki drawing builder
- Wood cooperation: Higashishirakawa village forest association/Higashisirakawa Lumber cooperative
- Ceremony for sanctifying ground: Oomiwa shrine
- Concept direction: Takeshi Sato / Rightning Paris
- Tool direction: Hirotoshi Maruwaka/ Maruwakaya
- Antique direction: Shouun Oriental Art
- Reception / origata direction: Keisyousai Ogasawara/Ogasawara ryu reihou
- Site area: 15.6 m²
- Completion: 11/ 2012
Wednesday, March 11th, 2015
Article source: Kebony
For the first time, Kebony’s wood has been used in an ecclesiastical façade for a new chapel which opened this autumn in Mölndal, Sweden. European churches have tended to use traditional building materials for posterity, permanence and durability, the use of Kebony’s wood in this project allows the chapel a fusion of contemporary style and traditional durability.
Image Courtesy © Kebony
Tuesday, January 13th, 2015
Article source: Utaa
The BLACK BOX is located in Pangyo-dong, which began under the plan to create a sustainable urban environment in order to provide urban-space to ensure regional development and space in the city centre. There has residential area for single families.
Image Courtesy © Chin Hyosook
- Architects: Utaa
- Project: Black Box
- Location: Pangyo-dong, Bundang-gu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Photography: Chin Hyosook
- Software used: SketchUp and CAD
- Architect In Charge: Kim Chang Gyun
- Design Team: Choi Byung Yong, Jo Myeong Seon
- Area: Site area(226.60㎡), Bldg. area(104.81㎡), Total floor area(183.37㎡)
- Year: Mar 2014
- Structure: Reinforced concrete + Light-weight wood frame
Wednesday, December 24th, 2014
Article source: 49Studio
This project has begun as a dream of a young and active family. We tried our best to provide a solution for a project that wanted to be more than a house, a home that offers it’s owners the capacity to disconnect from the busy lifestyle of a big city. Situated in close vicinity of the city Cluj-Napoca, the house uses common architectural elements that intersect with clear accents of modernity.
Image Courtesy © 49Studio
- Architects: 49Studio
- Project: House P
- Location: Cluj-Napoca,Romania
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
The classical department store is defined by a strict physiognomy: a box with four façades. This constraint was the principal challenge to be overcome in the project. Dematerializing the material was the guiding concept used to create diffuse limits based on the horizontality of the solid and void elements to achieve an effect of floating layers.
Image Courtesy © Paul Rivera
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: Palacio de Hierro Antea Façade
- Location: Queretaro, Mexico
- Photography: Paul Rivera
- President: Arq. Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Arq. Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Arq. Humberto Mendoza
- Facade Area: 9,000 m2
- Design Date: 2014
- Termination Date: 2014
- Status: Built
- Architecture Team: Arq. Fernando Sordo Madaleno de Haro, Arq. Julian Silva, Arq. Andrés Muñoz
- Media and Marketing: Arq. Rosalba Rojas, Maria Luisa Guzmán
- Structural Engineering y Construction Coordination: Grupo RIOBOO
- Lightning Consultant: Noriega Iluminación
Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Article source: bandesign,Ltd. Hisanori Ban
A family has never been forgotten pretty comfortable space. They remember that one day went camping to a valley, go ahead bravely in deep, and then found a place finally where they could see no people without the family. The family named it Secret Garden.
There is everything at the garden and every necessary in the tent for the family. They imaged for them house as the place.
Image Courtesy © Shigetomo Mizuno
- Architects: bandesign,Ltd. Hisanori Ban
- Project: Secret Garden
- Location: Komaki City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Shigetomo Mizuno
- Building area: 144.53sqm
- Site area: 473.97sqm
- Year: 2014
Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Article source: Alvaro Moragrega / arquitecto
At the heart of the Colonia Americana a 5 story project is designed inspired by the industrial buildings of the inter-war period. The main façade has an orthodox abstract rhythm of void and filled spaces that do not follow any structural order. The voids themselves have a second protective lattice with falling crosses evocative of similar lattices often used in the area by the Escuela Tapatía.
Image Courtesy © Alvaro Moragrega / arquitecto