Archive for the ‘Fashion House’ Category
Thursday, November 20th, 2014
Article source: 3GATTI
When I started this retail project there was a simple and appealing idea of hanging everything from the ceiling – thus moving out of the way the furniture and items to be sold so that all the floor space could be free for customers to circulate. So using a software that simulates the physics of real materials, we imagined an elastic ceiling that was pulled down by the weight of these various objects. The next step was to think about the technical equipment necessary for the store such as lighting, speakers, sprinklers, cameras, AC and ventilation so it was natural to think of this ceiling as a permeable surface. This was the origin of the ethereal white ceiling; an ephemeral support for ephemeral objects.
Image Courtesy © Shen Qiang
- Architects: 3GATTI
- Project: SND fashion store
- Location: WFC mall,Chongqing, China
- Photography: Shen Qiang
- Software used:
- Chief architect: Francesco Gatti
- Client: Chongqing Xingjun Trade Pty Ltd.
- Project manager: Valentina Brunetti
- Collaborators: Carole Chan Liat,Cianan Alexander Crowley,YingLing Kong, Bogdan Chipara,Jovan Kocic,Pao Yee Lim
- Contractor: Zhao YiLong
- Total floor area: 180 m²
- Design period: May-June 2014
- Construction period: July-August 2014
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Article source: Architecture Discipline
Designed as a first in a series of multi-designer pret stores, where the collections are themed and curated, Neel Sutra- the India Fashion store is emblematic of Indian Design ethos.
Sited at The New Oberoi Hotel in the suburban abode of NCR- Gurgaon, the hotel spawns a high-end luxury international experience. The brief was to create a unique and distinct design ambience that would be conspicuous within the context of other established global hi-design brands at the hotel and elsewhere in the vicinity.The customized and curated store, emblematic of Indian Fashion is conceived within this international collective construct as a step ahead of conventional high street retail to showcase a motley bunch of Indian fashion designers.Contemporary design in India usually expresses the complexity in Indian Design discourse with kitsch. The India Fashion Store is a cognizant attempt to stay away from Indian Kitsch, and instead craft a sacred space.
Image Courtesy © Jeetin Sharma
- Architects: Architecture Discipline
- Project: NEELSUTRA: The India Fashion Store
- Location: The Oberoi Gurgaon, India
- Photography: Jeetin Sharma
- Typology: Retail / Interior
- Name of Client: Deepika Govind / Sunil Sethi
- Name of Client’s Firm: Neelsutra Designs Pvt.Ltd.
- Principal Architect: Architecture Discipline
- Design Team: Akshat Bhatt, Aditya Tognatta, Nikhil Auluck
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 2,200 sq.ft or 204 sq.m.
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 2,200 sq.ft or 204 sq.m.
- Start Date: Feburary 2013
- Completion Date: October 2013
- Total cost of project: Rs.1.75 Crore
- Structural: Isha Consultants Pvt. Ltd.: V.P. Aggarwal
- Electrical: Lirio Lopez.: Linus Lopez
- Lighting Design: Lirio Lopez.: Linus Lopez
- HVAC: System Aircon.: Yogesh Punjani
- Fire Fightng: Deepak Kumar & Associates.: Deepak Kumar
- PMC: Architecture Discipline
- Structural: Naushad Ali
- Electrical: Radheyshyam
- Civil: Dass Karigars
- HVAC: System Aircon
- Fire Fighting: Galaxy Engineers
- Façade: Art & Glass
- Carpentry & Woodwork: Naushad Ali
Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Article source: Morphogenesis
The Pearl Academy of Fashion, Jaipur is a campus which by virtue of its design is geared towards creating an environmentally responsive passive habitat. The institute creates interactive spaces for a highly creative student body to work in multifunctional zones which blend the indoors with the outdoors seamlessly. The radical architecture of the institute emerges from a fusion of the rich traditional building knowledge bank and cutting edge contemporary architecture.
External view of the building at dusk, Image Courtesy © Andre J Fanthome and Edmund Sumner
- Architects: Morphogenesis
- Project: Pearl Academy of Fashion
- Location: Jaipur, India
- Photography: Andre J Fanthome and Edmund Sumner
- Client: Pearl Academy of Fashion
- Structure: N M Roof Designers Ltd.
- Contractors: R G Colonizers Pvt. Ltd
- Plot Area: 12, 250 sq m (3 Acres)
- Built-up area: 2, 15,278 Sq ft
- Building Height: 12 m
- Basement Depth: 4m basement, 4.6 m underbelly
- Year of completion: 2008
- Cost: Rs. 1300/sq ft
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Article source: +tongtong
Multidisciplinary design studio +tongtong recently completed a bold, layered interior for Annie Aime, the latest Toronto retail space from Parisienne fashion retailer Annie Mesenge. Designed to be a flexible, open-concept environment that can easily be transformed into a space for art openings and other events, the interior is one of the first to implement +tongtong’s recently launched Les Ailes Noires series of freestanding clothing racks.
Image Courtesy © Ben Rahn/A-Frame Inc.
- Architects: +tongtong
- Project: +tongtong designs fashion retail boutique Annie Aime
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Photography: Ben Rahn/A-Frame Inc.
Thursday, June 21st, 2012
Article source: Govaert-Vanhoutte Architecten
Somewhere in between the misty meadows of Nevele, on the corner of a newly developed business compound, lies the company of San Martino in the form of a long concrete volume.
Image Courtesy Martine Neirynck
Image Courtesy Martine Neirynck