Article source: Plastique Fantastique
El OJO DE POLIFEMO (Polyphemus’ Eye) transforms the Alhóndiga’s main Hall into the Cylops’s cave, and visitors into lost travellers. The Eye looks directly at the entrance, and its presence leaves no passer-by indifferent. The only way to stay alive is to offer wine to the Giant, amplifying astuteness and mixing stories so as not to be devoured by his deeds. It is an installation, one architecture within another, a memorable scene which invites you to look, to penetrate the Eye and to discover its interior and its surroundings. A perceptive journey which swings from the Homeric epic to surrealist experience and the verses of Cortázar within the context of the 3, 2, 1 Gathering and Alhóndiga Bilbao.
- Architects: Plastique Fantastique
- Project: POLYPHEMUS’ EYE – 3,2,1 Festival
- Location: Alhóndiga Bilbao, Spain
- Photography: Eva Zubero Zuluaga
- Team: Rakel Esparza Sanz, Mateo Feijóo, Fernando Pérez Gómez