Archive for the ‘Fitness center’ Category
Monday, July 2nd, 2018
Article source: WY-TO architects
‘Arborescence’ led by the developer Vinci Immobilier is the winning scheme of the international architectural competition ‘Imagine Angers’ on the exceptional site of Gambetta. At the fringe of the historical district and a new urban development, the site enjoys the tranquillity of the Maine river bank. The unique architectural identity of ‘Arborescence’ pays tribute to Angers’ historical heritage, merging the vibrant urban centre to the natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © WY-TO architects
- Architects: WY-TO architects
- Project: Arborescence
- Location: Angers, France
- Client: Vinci Immobilier
- Partners: Crespy & Aumont Architectes, MOZ Paysage, Even Structures, Johanson International
- Surface: 7,400 sqm
- Timeline: 05/2017 – 03/2018
Friday, June 22nd, 2018
Article source: Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
As part of the rapid expansion of Under Armour’s Connected Fitness division, the global performance apparel company commissioned Bohlin Cywinski Jackson to create a new office space in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood. This new workspace serves as a hub for Connected Fitness and helps advance Under Armour’s West Coast growth strategy. Flexible planning supports a phased delivery, with Under Armour planning to occupy the building’s entire 50,000-square-feet over time.
Image Courtesy © Matthew Millman
- Architects: Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Project: Under Armour Connected Fitness
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Photography: Matthew Millman
- Client: Under Armour, Inc.
- Design Principal: Gregory Mottola, FAIA
- Project Manager: Douglas Speckhard, AIA
- Project Architect: Reuben Alt
- Designer: Sandy Lam, Helene Gregoire, Nicholas Backal
- Contractor: DPR
- Structural: Murphy Burr Curry
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing: Meyers Plus
- Size: 50,000 SF
Wednesday, June 13th, 2018
Article source: Project Design Group
KentPlus YALOVA Wellness SPA Resort in Armutlu – Yalova, a region with a rough topography, mild climate and a spectacular sea view in Turkey, offers a green life for its users as a mixed use complex that combines many different functions such as residential, hotel and social facilties.
The area of KentPlus YALOVA Wellness SPA Resort designed by Project Design Group in the settlement of Dereliköy in Armutlu of Yalova, which is situated on land with an area of approximately 330.000 m², welcome people with its hill topography, mild climate and spectacular sea view and is set in green countryside, enabling resident to re-establish contact with nature.
Image Courtesy © Project Design Group
- Architects: Project Design Group
- Project: Kentplus Yalova Wellness Spa & Resort
- Location: Yalova, Turkey
Tuesday, June 5th, 2018
Article source: helsinkizurich
helsinkizurich has finished a new interior architecture project in Zurich Switzerland: Balboa Bar & Gym is the Flagship of a fitness Start-up that considers itself an urban movement. Balboa Bar & Gym has opened its doors to the public on May 28, 2016.
Image Courtesy © Jochen Splett
- Architects: helsinkizurich
- Project: Balboa Bar & Gym
- Location: Am Schanzengraben 19, 8002 Zurich, Switzerland
- Photography: Jochen Splett
- Client: Renzo Balboa AG
- Commission: Direct Commission, Interior Architecture
Tuesday, May 29th, 2018
Article source: TANK BV
Vondelgym focuses on hybridism. They offer classes that combine high-intensity training with Pilates and yoga and believe that large open spaces allow participants to ‘feel the energy of the other classes. Fitness is part of a lifestyle. It’s about being critical of yourself and your environment. Clients put extra care and effort into their health and appearance and equally expect a cared-for interior design in the spaces they frequent.
Image Courtesy © TANK BV
- Architects: TANK BV
- Project: Vondelgym Oost
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018
Article source: Looney Ricks Kiss
Crosstown Concourse is the metamorphosis of urban blight into a vibrant community. It is the rebirth of not just a building, but an entire neighborhood. Though initially conceived as a home for a small start-up arts organization, with plans to organically revive the structure over decades, the project evolved into a 1.3- million-square-foot “vertical urban village.” Rooted in historical context and flourishing on the ideals of common purpose, social transformation, and inclusivity, the building has achieved full occupancy in less than one year.
Image Courtesy © Chad Mellon
- Architects: Looney Ricks Kiss
- Project: Crosstown Concourse
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Photography: Jamie Harmon, Nicholas McGinn, Aerial Innovations, Chad Mellon
- Associate Architect: DIALOG
- Associate Architect: Spatial Affairs Bureau
- Sustainability: LEED Platinum BD+C: Core and Shell
- Developer/Owner: Crosstown Development
- General Contractor: Grinder, Taber & Grinder, Inc.
- Landscape Architect: Hood Design Studio
Monday, May 7th, 2018
Article source: CARLO RATTI ASSOCIATI
International design and innovation office Carlo Ratti Associati, working with the leading fitness equipment manufacturer Technogym, the non-profit architecture group Terreform ONE and the urban regeneration institute URBEM, has unveiled the Paris Navigating Gym project, a human-powered gym boat that cruises along the Seine River by using energy sourced from passengers’ workouts. The project was developed in response to a public call organized in the French capital.
Image Courtesy © CARLO RATTI ASSOCIATI
- Architects: CARLO RATTI ASSOCIATI
- Project: The Paris Navigating Gym
- Location: Paris, France
- Team: Carlo Ratti, Emma Greer, Andrea Galli, Andrea Giordano, Gary di Silvio
- Co-design: Terreform ONE
- Fitness Strategy: Technogym
- Mainland Fitness Concept: Optraker
- Business Strategy: URBEM
- Urban Strategy: UR Lab
Friday, April 13th, 2018
Article source: CHYBIK+KRISTOF
The natural and the artificial mingle to become one in the new administrative centre of the Czech Forestry Commission
A project designed by a team under the direction of the Brno based studio Chybik+Kristof has recently won the international competition for the new administrative centre of the Czech Forestry Commission in Hradec Králové. The winning proposal is a two-storey building on the edge of an existing forest, that uses wood extensively as construction material – as requested within the competition. The concept is based on incorporating the forest landscape into a five-finger building to create new relations between the inside office and the outside forest landscape. A nature trail surrounding the building allows to explore the different forest ecotypes, designed by Tomas Babka and breathe.earth.collective.
Image Courtesy © CHYBIK+KRISTOF
- Architects: CHYBIK+KRISTOF
- Project: Forestry in the Forest
- Location: Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
- Software used: SketchUp, Adobe
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Article source: Pickard Chilton
1144 Fifteenth Street is a forty-story high-performance office tower comprising twenty-seven floors of Class-A office space atop a thirteen-story podium comprising retail, restaurants, a fitness center and an 880-space parking garage. The elegant tower and its massing have been designed to be evocative of the surrounding Rocky Mountains and to establish a geological metaphor within its urban context.
Image Courtesy © Pickard Chilton
Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
Article source: McIntosh Poris Associates
McIntosh Poris Associates worked with Aparium Hotel Group to repurpose the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters and adjacent building, previously known as the Pontchartrain Wine Cellars, into the Detroit Foundation Hotel. Together, the two historically registered buildings will accommodate 100 hotel rooms, office/conference spaces, Detroit-focused retail, and a fitness center. The boutique hotel features a ground-level restaurant/lounge and a roof-top banquet space housed in a new addition. The $28-million project embraces a “Detroit State of Mind” to welcome both visitors and locals with an authentic sense of place.
Image Courtesy © Jason Keen
- Architects: McIntosh Poris Associates
- Project: Detroit Foundation Hotel
- Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Photography: Jason Keen, Joe Vaughn, Michelle and Chris Gerard
- Client: Aparium Hotel Group and Arco Development
- General Contractor: Sachse Construction
- Size: 95,000 square feet; 5 floors