Archive for the ‘Fitness center’ Category
Monday, November 20th, 2017
Article source: v2com
A dramatically-lit, eye-catching retail space for Dermalogica, an award-winning skincare line, leads to a series of closed, private therapy rooms in back. The retail space is a tall faceted enclosure of triangular panels surfaced in troweled concrete, visible to passers-by through storefront windows. The panels are illuminated indirectly by LED tape lights in the gaps between them. Floors are polished concrete. Along the side walls, products line the floating acrylic shelving units; the shelves themselves are edge-lit by hidden LEDs. Overhead, a custom triangular LED light fixture frames the edge of the paneled surface where it stops to expose the ceiling. The reception desk was custom designed and fabricated out of white Caesarstone in a faceted pattern to complement the walls.
Image Courtesy © Francis Dzikowski/OTTO
- Architects: BFDO Architects
- Project: Body Factory
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Francis Dzikowski/OTTO
Friday, November 10th, 2017
Article source: The Architectural Team, Inc.
The 100+ year-old Nockege River Mill Building, formerly home to the Fitchburg Yarn Company, is situated on 7.4 acres on the banks of the Nashua River in the city of Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Its 182,500 square feet span three massive floors. The Architectural Team’s thoughtful restoration and adaptive reuse of the historic structure into Yarn Works creates 96 oversized, modern lofts, of which 57 are market-rate and 39 affordable at different levels of area median income (AMI). The building features more than 280, 8-foot by 10-foot windows to provide each unit with expansive views and an abundance of natural light. The unit mix comprises 29 one-bedroom, 58 two-bedroom, and nine three-bedroom apartments; amenities include a large community room with 25-foot ceiling and 17-foot-tall windows, a fitness center with yoga room, on-site bike storage and workshop, and a new grand central atrium gallery. Renovation work on the National Register of Historic Places-listed building included removing the first floor and rebuilding it with concrete slab raised above the 100-year floodplain, as well as the repointing and repairing of the exterior brick envelope and chimney stack, and structural reinforcement to the roof. In addition, all windows and frames were replaced with historically matched, energy-efficient reproductions. The site stands a mile from the city center, with easy access to transit and commuter rail lines.
TAT_Yarn Works_Gregg Shupe: “The restored former mill building offers nearly 300 large windows.” Image Courtesy © Gregg Shupe
- Architects: The Architectural Team, Inc.
- Project: Yarn Works
- Location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts, US
- Photography: Andy Ryan / Gregg Shupe
- Developer: WinnDevelopment
- General Contractor: Colantonio, Inc
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 182,500 square feet
- Completion Year: 2017
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: v2com
HGA San Francisco, one of San Francisco’s premier full-service architecture firms specializing in workplace environments, is pleased to announce its completion of RealPage Dallas. Considered the nation’s leading property-management software company, RealPage has experienced exponential growth since launching in 1998. In response, the fast-growing company consolidated its Dallas, Texas headquarters—previously composed of four disparate locations—under one 400,000 square-foot roof.
The RealPage headquarters main lobby features a double helix staircase – a unifying element that visually and physically connects the building’s four floors, Image Courtesy © Benny Chan Photography
- Architects: HGA San Francisco
- Project: Unveils RealPage Headquarters
- Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Photography: Benny Chan Photography
- Software used: Revit
- Contractor: Structure Tone Southwest, Inc. (Low-rise); Scott and Reid (High-rise)
Sunday, October 22nd, 2017
Article source: van Dongen – Koschuch
Situated on the site of a former children’s hospital on the Sarphatistraat in Amsterdam, the 5 star Hyatt Regency hotel, will be the first of its kind in the Netherlands. The historic hospital building is transformed as part of a new 211 room hotel. In addition, the building contains all the amenities that one can expect from an international 5-star hotel, with a conference centre, bars, a restaurant with terrace, and accessible spa and fitness facilities.
Image Courtesy © Bart van Hoek
- Architects: van Dongen – Koschuch ( Frits van Dongen, Patrick Koschuch )
- Project: Hyatt Regency Hotel Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Bart van Hoek
- Client: Aedes, UBM & Hyatt Regency
- Project team: J. Herfst, B. Filbey, H.Fekry, K. R.Sluijs, R. Bos
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 17.000m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
Building constructed for the specific use of a fitness center. It was built over columns (pilotis) used as parking place. The reception and administrative areas are located on the ground floor; the dressing, body-building and cardiovascular rooms on the first floor; and on the second floor are situated the fight, multi-use and bike rooms. The materials and colors are pallets of grey, wood and orange. Natural light is captured on the facade and through zenithal illumination. Special attention was given to illumination and visual communication. The façade faces a busy avenue, and makes use of the volumes of the building and of the grey and orange colors to stand out in the urban setting.
Image Courtesy © Maira Acayaba
- Architects: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
- Project: Monday Fitness Center
- Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Maira Acayaba
- Arquitect team: Caroline cursino; Tatiana Martins
- Construction: Luiz Fernando Ruiz
- Visual identitie project: Ari Felipe Miaciro
- Area of the Bilding: 2.891,00m2
- Area of the terrain: 1.665,00 m2
- Project year: 2015
- Conclusion: 2016
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: Studio Gang
Looking to enhance the student experience and remediate the nearby riverfront, Beloit College partnered with Studio Gang to reimagine a former coal-burning power plant as a student union centered on recreation and wellness.
Nestled between the College’s campus and the Rock River, the Powerhouse will feature a 10,000-sf fitness center and 17,000-sf recreational gym, including a 3-lane track and 8- lane competition pool, as well as spaces for conversation, collaboration, and study. Additional amenities include a coffee shop, student lounges, club rooms, conference center, and a lecture hall/theater.
Image Courtesy © Studio Gang
- Architects: Studio Gang
- Project: BELOIT COLLEGE POWERHOUSE
- Location: Beloit, Wisconsin USA
- Client: Beloit College
- Status: Under construction
- Sustainability: Targeting LEED Gold
- Size: 120,000 sf
Thursday, July 6th, 2017
Article source: BNIM Architects
BNIM led the initial Campus Master Plan and Conceptual Design process, which was complet-ed in April 2012, for the Pacific Center Campus Development. In August of that year, BNIM was again selected to lead the design of a two-building campus expansion. The two buildings add 410,000 square feet of office, dry laboratory, catering/café, health center, fitness center, lecture hall, multi-purpose learning and conference space to the campus. Both buildings have received LEED gold certification.
Image Courtesy © BNIM Architects
- Architects: BNIM Architects
- Project: Pacific Center Campus Development
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Software used: Revit
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Dominique Perrault Architecture
The design of the two high-rise towers for the Donau-City in Vienna represents the concluding phase of a development extending over several decades: on what was originally a municipal rubbish tip the UNO-City was erected (1973–1979), tentative plans to hold the 1995 Vienna-Budapest EXPO here were soon abandoned, as a result architects Krischanitz and Neumann (commissioned by WED AG) produced an urban design masterplan for the area in 1992. The outcome is an entirely new urban district with a diverse range of functions.
Image Courtesy © VIENNE DCTOWER
- Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Project: DC Towers I + II
- Location: Donau-City, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Michael Nagl and VIENNE DCTOWER
- Client: WED (Wiener Entwicklungsgesellschaft für den Donauraum AG)
- Associated architect: Hoffmann & Janz Architectes
- Engineering: Perrault Projets (architectural engineering ), Bollinger & Grohmann, Gmeiner Haferl Zivilingenieure ZT GmbH (structure), Werner Sobek Ingenieure (façades), ZFG – Projekt (fluids), Dr Pfeiler GmbH (Bauphysik), TB Eipeldauer & Partner GmbH (electricity), AXIS Ingenieursleistungen ZT GmbH (VRD), Wacker Ingenieure (wind study)
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009