Archive for the ‘Fitness center’ Category
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: Richard Meier & Partners
Richard Meier & Partners is proud to announce their new project in Mexico City. The new Reforma Towers will become a dynamic mixed-use development composed of two towers with offices, a hotel, retail space, restaurants and a fitness center.
Mexico City represents one of the most important cultural and commercial centers in Latin America. As the city’s economy continues to thrive, it is Richard Meier & Partners intention to develop a project that is sensitive to the history of Mexico and its rich architectural legacy.
Image Courtesy © Richard Meier & Partners
- Architects: Richard Meier & Partners
- Project: Reforma Towers
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Design Principals: Richard Meier, Bernhard Karpf
- Project Manager: Ringo Offermann
- Project Architect: David Ricardo Davila
- Project Team: Techan Abe, Kevin Browning, Amy DeDonato, John Jourden, Aung Thu Kyaw, Chris Layda, Christopher Lewis, Ian Lotto, Sharon Oh , Giorgio Villa, Sharon Oh, Giorgio Villa.
- Associate Architect: DiametroArquitectos
- Major Materials: Aluminum curtain wall, glass, white architectural concrete, pre-cast concrete panels
- Program: Office, Hotel, Retail, Restaurant, Gym, Parking
- Building Height Office Tower: 180m
- Building Height Hotel Tower: 110m
- Floor Area: 120,000m2 total, 101,500m2 above ground, 48,500 m2 office tower (Above 9th floor), 11,500 m2 hotel tower (Above 9th floor)
Friday, November 29th, 2013
Article source: studioMDA
Located in a historic industrial loft building in downtown Manhattan, Exerblast is a family-fitness facility that synthesizes interactive technologies and physical obstacles with the use of dynamic spatial organization. The 6,000 square foot space covering two floors is divided into multiple zones that include a rock wall room, a core-strengthening ball room, an open room with surfaces for projected media, a multipurpose, party room, and administrative offices. Connecting all of these elements is a blue, circuit-like painted design called the Power Path, which directs the flow of activities throughout the space.
Image Courtesy © Albrecht von Alvensleben
- Architects: studioMDA
- Project: Exerblast
- Location: Manhattan, U.S.A
- Photography: Albrecht von Alvensleben
- Year of completion: 2011
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
Article source: ViVeA – Viveck Vermaa Architects
CRUNCH is a Lifestyle Fitness Facility offering state of the art Fitness Center, Slimming and Spa services with an objective of making the community health conscious and Fit for life. It is situated in one of the up market shopping Malls. The objective was to create a high end gym with all the latest facilities.
Image Courtesy ViVeA - Viveck Vermaa Architects
Thursday, September 20th, 2012
Article source: BARCODE Architects Bordeaux
Rotterdam based office BARCODE Architects and Paris based office Haber Autrement presented the final design of the project ‘Pôle de Compétences’ in Bordeaux.
The 7,000m² project is part of the masterplan ‘Bassin a Flots’ designed by ANMA/ Nicolas Michelin, an extensive redevelopment of the harbor area at the west bank of the Gironne in Bordeaux. The masterplan aims on a phased transformation of the present introvert industrial harbor area into a new lively precinct with an urban mixture of living, working, and recreation.
Image Courtesy BARCODE Architects Bordeaux
- Architects: BARCODE Architects Bordeaux
- Project: Pôle de Compétences
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Brief: ‘Centre for new businesses’, offices, restaurant, fitness, day-care, parking
- Client: ICADE Promotion
- Area: 7000m²
- Year: 2011-ongoing
- Status: PRO/Detailed Design – Construction 2013-2014
- Construction: IOSIS, France
- MEP/Services: IOSIS, France
- Urban design: ANMA/Nicolas Michelin, Paris
- Coordination: Brenac-Gonzalez, Paris
- Team: BARCODE: Dirk Peters, Caro van de Venne, Clément Périssé, Nieves Ruiz Alvarez, Philip Vandermey, Lauren Mishkind, John O’Callaghan
- Habiter Autrement: Mia Hägg, Felix Medina
Saturday, July 7th, 2012
Article source: JPI architektai
The Complex of Sports, Wellness and Entertainment is being projected in Jonava, in the picturesque territory, which distinguishes itself for an expressive relief, and which is located between the Varnutė river dam,the Joninės Valley and Žeimių street. The Complex of Sports, Wellness and Entertainment will consist of a universal sports hall, a sport and entertainment centre, a renovated stadium as well as the renovated Joninės Valley.
Image Courtesy JPI architektai
- Architects: Laura Amankavičiūtė, Ramūnas Grubinskas, Lilija Putnienė, Vytautas Putna
- Project: Sports fitness and leisure complex in Jonava
- Location: Jonava,Lithuania
- Software used: Autocad and DraftSight
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
Article source: Damir Masek
The heart of the five story Fitness Park Einstein beats as a hovering water crystal pool, flooded with the light of the overlying atrium. Above the three-story cascade steps of the fitness center floats the transparent and/or translucent basin. This focal point motivates the fitness customers, and tells of a promise, which will redeem. The horizontal, translucent screen under pool’s transparent, acrylic bottom can be used flexibly.
Images Courtesy www.foto-panorama.ch
- Architect: Damir Masek
- Name of Project: Fitness Park Einstein
- Location: St Gallen, Switzerland
- Opening date: 09.09.2009
- Client: MIGROS OSTSCHWEIZ
- Photos: www.foto-panorama.ch
- Software used: FormZ