Archive for the ‘Fitness center’ Category
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Arch. Esther Tattoli
Andria, Apulian city in expansion, will be equipped in 2017 with a new multi-purpose sportive center, used to practice five different sports: 5 a-side football, handball, volleyball, basketball and figure skating.
The redevelopment project of the old ice rink, facility in a state of decay, was launched in 2013 and has seen an investment by the municipal administration of approximately 650000 euros.
The project of the new ice rink has been entrusted to Esther Tattoli architect, helped by the engineer Michele Masciavè, while the works were awarded to the Euro Costruzioni of Naples.
Image Courtesy © Arch. Esther Tattoli
- Architects: Arch. Esther Tattoli
- Project: Project coverage and functional re-use of the skating rink
- Location: Andria, Italy
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016
Article source: MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects
Branksome Hall was established as an independent all girls school in the residential South Rosedale Heritage Conservation District in the urban heart of the City of Toronto, Canada — now a leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The campus is set within a large 13-acre property characterized by lush, wooded ravine edges and open green spaces. The city’s extension of Mount Pleasant Road divided the campus into two sides and the students cross via a pedestrian bridge.
Image Courtesy © Shai Gil
- Architects: MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects (MJMA)
- Project: Branksome Hall Athletics & Wellness Centre
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Photography: Shai Gil
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: Branksome Hall
- Structural: Blackwell Engineering
- Mechanical: Smith + Andersen
- Electrical: Smith + Andersen
- Civil: MGM Consulting
- Heritage: ERA Architects
- Landscape: PMA Landscape Architects
- Construction Manager: Gillam Group
- Building Area: 72,000 sf
- Year: 2015
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: XML
XML completed the design for Rocycle, a boutique fitness studio located in the center of Amsterdam. Rocycle is the first fitness studio in the Netherlands that combines fitness with a high-end hospitality experience, offering full body workout spinning classes.
Image Courtesy © XML
- Architects: XML
- Project: Rocycle
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sunday, May 8th, 2016
Article source: Studio Ardete
Where most of the fitness centers around the world follow set rules of planning and interiors, Moksha was inspired by a will to define a new language for exercise and training centers.
The client desired an extension to the existing gymnasium including a Spa and Spinning studio. This was to be housed in the basement. As a result, the architects were faced with the dual problems of limited space and limited budget.
Image Courtesy © Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Architects: Studio Ardete
- Project: MOKSHA-Fitness and spa center
- Location: Panchkula, Haryana, India
- Photography: Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Principal designer: Ar Badrinath Kaleru
- Design Team: Ar Prerna Kaleru and Ar Anusha Sharma
- Area: 2000 sq.ft
- Completion: Dec 2015
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: B+H Architects
The Abilities Centre was created with the objective to be a global centre of excellence for practical knowledge and insight into providing recreation, athletic and performing arts facilities for people with varying degrees of abilities and challenges.
Image Courtesy © Toni Hafkenscheid
- Architects: B+H Architects
- Project: Abilities Centre
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Photography: Toni Hafkenscheid
- Year: Built 2012
- Builder: Bondfield
- Project Management: AECOM Canada Architects Ltd
- Structural: Halcrow Yolles
- Landscape: Cosburn Associates Limited
Tuesday, January 6th, 2015
Article source: MVSA Architects
Level is located adjacent to Leiden Central Station. Level is a building that houses a variety of organizations including the new ROC Leiden (regional training centre), a commercial hotel and a care hotel, and a fitness club and wellness centre with a swimming pool.
Image Courtesy © Michel Kievits
- Architects: MVSA Architects
- Project: Level
- Location: Bargelaan 180, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ronald Tilleman, Michel Kievits
- Design: 2003 – 2007
- Clients: GREEN Real Estate, ROC (Regionaal Opleidingen Centrum) Leiden
- Lead architects: Roberto Meyer, Sylvia Wirtz
- Builder: Visser en Smit Bouw in cooperation with Boele & van Eesteren
- Engineering building physics, fire safety and acoustics: DGMR
- MEP engineering: Techniplan adviseurs
- Strukton Engineering: ABT, Aveco de Bondt
- Start: December 2009;
- Delivery carcass work: March 2013
- Delivery interior: July 2013
- Opening: September 2013
Tuesday, December 16th, 2014
Article source: Doyle Collection co.ltd., Aiji Inoue
CALDO is a national chain fitness facility where customers casually enjoy Hot Yoga, Fitness, Pilates and Pressurizing Training. There are mixtures of “stillness” and “motion” in the programs. One of our challenges was how to design the individual space with the surrounding relations. As principle axis, we decided to use “COLORS” that will associate psychologically when customers enter the facility.
Image Courtesy © Nacasa & Partners
- Architects: Doyle Collection co.ltd., Aiji Inoue
- Project: CALDO
- Location: Kanagawa-ken Kawasaki-shi Takatsu-ku Mizonokuchi1-14-5
- Photography: Nacasa & Partners
- Opening: 16th March,2014
Friday, June 27th, 2014
Article source: za bor architects
Smena fitness club in the za bor architects portfolio is the third sports-related project and the first realize object of this type. A private client who turned to the bureau with this project, wanted to create a large stylish club with high quality equipment and original design. Reasonable prices, due to refusing from many side services offered by network clubs, were to become the main competitive advantage. Thus, an expressional dynamic design created by za bor architects, was meant to become one of the client-attracting factors, a kind of competitive edge of this club.
Image Courtesy © za bor architects
- Architects: za bor architects
- Project: Smena fitness club
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Architects In Charge: Pyotr Zaytsev, Arseniy Borisenko
- Project management: za bor architects
- Furniture in the lounge zone: chairs Arper (Catifa), sofas Luxy (Cube)
- Work chairs: Interstuhl (Movyis3, Everyis1) – (supplier Solo Interiors)
- Exercise machines: Lifefitness, Hammer Strength
- Flooring: Swiff-Train
- Floor area: 1291.2 sqm
- Project and build: 2014
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: Richard Meier & Partners
Richard Meier & Partners is proud to announce their new project in Mexico City. The new Reforma Towers will become a dynamic mixed-use development composed of two towers with offices, a hotel, retail space, restaurants and a fitness center.
Mexico City represents one of the most important cultural and commercial centers in Latin America. As the city’s economy continues to thrive, it is Richard Meier & Partners intention to develop a project that is sensitive to the history of Mexico and its rich architectural legacy.
Image Courtesy © Richard Meier & Partners
- Architects: Richard Meier & Partners
- Project: Reforma Towers
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Design Principals: Richard Meier, Bernhard Karpf
- Project Manager: Ringo Offermann
- Project Architect: David Ricardo Davila
- Project Team: Techan Abe, Kevin Browning, Amy DeDonato, John Jourden, Aung Thu Kyaw, Chris Layda, Christopher Lewis, Ian Lotto, Sharon Oh , Giorgio Villa, Sharon Oh, Giorgio Villa.
- Associate Architect: DiametroArquitectos
- Major Materials: Aluminum curtain wall, glass, white architectural concrete, pre-cast concrete panels
- Program: Office, Hotel, Retail, Restaurant, Gym, Parking
- Building Height Office Tower: 180m
- Building Height Hotel Tower: 110m
- Floor Area: 120,000m2 total, 101,500m2 above ground, 48,500 m2 office tower (Above 9th floor), 11,500 m2 hotel tower (Above 9th floor)