Archive for the ‘Gallery’ Category
Sunday, December 10th, 2017
Article source: Landscape Design Workshop
Landscape Design Workshop has won the 2017 American Architecture Prize in the category of Landscape Architecture/Commercial for their project Botaniko Sales Gallery. This real estate sales gallery serves a newly developed 120-acre residential community with 125 custom homes located in the city of Weston, Florida.
Image Courtesy © Avatar Productions
- Architects: Landscape Design Workshop
- Project: Botaniko Sales Gallery
- Location: Weston, Florida, USA
- Photography: Avatar Productions
- Client: Terra Group
- Project manager: Erez Bar-Nur
- Collaborators: HSQ GROUP, INC., Tony Quevedo, Pascual, Perez, Kiliddjian & Associates, Peter Kiliddjian
- Area: 44,100 sq. ft. (4,097 sq. m.)
- Project end date: October 25, 2016
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: TheeAe Architecture and Interior Ltd.
“Writing is a medium of human communication that represents language and emotion with signs and symbols. In most languages, writing is a complement to speech or spoken language. Writing is not a language, but a tool developed by human society.” It is a great task to trace back cultural heritages through studying and developing forms and styles from various ethnic backgrounds of each different writings and writing systems. In this sense and immediate understanding on the matter, we are overwhelmed by the fact the expression on the museum of world writing can be too vast and tremendous. Hence, creating the architectural form for the Museum of World Writing will be very much rewarding historical event, if we, as architects, can express into a form of conglomeration that brings the sense and beauty of the world writings.
Image Courtesy © TheeAe Architecture and Interior Ltd.
- Architects: TheeAe Architecture and Interior Ltd.
- Project: Writing-scape – Museum of World Writing
- Location: Incheon, South Korea
- Site Area: 19,400sm
- Building Area: 4,500sm
- Gross Floor Area: 15,300sm
- Floors: B1, L1, L2 & L3
- Build-to Land Ratio: 26% (Req. – Max. 30%)
- Floor Area ratio: 78% (Req. – Max. 150%)
- Height: 20m (B1, L1, L2 & L3)
Friday, November 24th, 2017
Article source: KDI CONTRACT
KDI CONTRACT designed a new pharmacy located at the historic Nikoloudi Gallery in Panepistimiou Street, in the heart of Athens. The gallery was initially designed by the architect Alexandros Nikoloudis, in the late 19th century, based on similar arcades existing in other cities of Europe at the time. It has been characterized, by the Greek Ministry of Culture, as an historical monument and an architectural work of art with remarkable composition, function and typology, of the few remaining from the interwar era.
Image Courtesy © Giannis Giannelos
- Architects: KDI CONTRACT
- Project: Nikoloudi Gallery Pharmacy
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Photography: Giannis Giannelos
- Project Designer: Argyri Margariti
- Project Management Team: Dimitris Konstantinidis, Yiannis Kourtalis
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: concrete
Within the bustling streets of Mongkok, Hong Kong, concrete created a welcoming clubhouse for all residents of the Skypark tower.
Skypark is a large residential development by Hong Kong based New World Development, led by Mr Adrian Cheng. Within one of the densest areas of Hong Kong the tower is suited to people who enjoy life in a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, but with its communal clubhouse and outside park on the very top of the building it also provides them an escape from the city.
Skypark aerial, Image Courtesy © concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: Clubhouse Mongkok Skypark
- Location: Mongkok 17 Nelson street, Hong Kong
- Software used: Autocad, Vectorworks
- Project team: Rob Wagemans – Maarten de Geus Tom Ruijken – Sofie Ruytenberg – Julia Hundermark Wouter Slot – Yoekie de Bree
- Executive architect: P&T architects & engineers Ltd.
- Executive landscape architect: Adrian L. Norman Ltd.
- Structural engineer: CM Wong & Associates Ltd.
- MEP engineer: WSP Hong Kong Ltd.
- Lighting consultant: Pro-lit Ltd.
- General Contractor: New World Construction Co. Ltd.
- Electrical contractor: Junefair Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Mechanical contractor: Kai Chuen Engineering (H.K.) Co. Ltd.
Friday, November 10th, 2017
Article source: MAD Architects
MAD Architects has completed Roca’s Beijing Gallery in Dongzhimen, near the Beijing East Second Ring Road. The project consists of an unobstructed gallery space that opens up to its urban environment; behind double-height glazing, the interior walls of both of the gallery’s floors, finished with a screen of LEDs, become a new façade for the city.
Image Courtesy © MAD Architects
- Architects: MAD Architects
- Project: Roca Beijing Gallery
- Location: Gallery, China
- Directors: Ma Yansong, Dang Qun, Yosuke Hayano
- Team: Yukan Yanagawa, Hiroki Fujino, Yin Ming, Li Yuanhao, and Sear Nee
- Interior Construction Contractor: Sino-tech (Beijing) Decoration & Engineering Co,.Ltd
- Interior Design: K.W.design
- Façade Consultant: RFR
- Building Area: 800 sqm
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
Article source: STEVEN HOLL ARCHITECTS
The new Lewis Arts complex on the south edge of campus, adjacent to McCarter Theatre Center, takes the arts at Princeton University to even greater heights by significantly expanding the performance, rehearsal and teaching spaces for the arts in new, state-of-the-art facilities. The complex creates a new campus gateway, shaping campus space while maximizing porosity and movement.
Image Courtesy © Paul Warchol
- Architects: STEVEN HOLL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Lewis Arts complex
- Location: Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- Photography: Paul Warchol
- Project size: 145,000 square feet
- Construction commencement: February 2014
- Construction completion: September 2017
Thursday, October 12th, 2017
Article source: PHAB Architects
The 1920s packing shed is the only building remaining from the once prosperous Nestle condensed milk factory—an important centre of Toogoolawah’s economic and social life until the factory was destroyed by fire in 1951. The inception of the art gallery and workshop project began in 2012 with a grass -roots push from the community. The opening exhibition in December 2015 featured 31 local artists and a display by the Toogoolawah and Districts History Group, positioning the building as a catalyst for the ongoing cultural life of the region.
Image Courtesy © Manson Images
- Architects: PHAB Architects ( Landscapology )
- Project: The Condensery
- Location: Toogoolawah QLD 4313, Australia
- Photography: Manson Images
- Heritage: Converge Heritage + Community (Benjamin Gall)
- Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic Engineer: Opus International Consultants
- Certifier & Energy Efficiency: CERTIS
- Quantity Surveyor: Colin Woodhouse
Monday, September 11th, 2017
Article source: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
About Design and concept
168 Sale gallery is a new modern design Sales gallery for one of the most recent luxury Low-rise condominium called 168 residence, which located on Sukhumvit36 Road, Bangkok, Thailand. Ayutt and Associates design (AAd) got a commission to design the gallery, which contains a reception area, mock up units and staff office, plus the surrounding landscape. These functions are compressed into one triangle-like box measured 50 meter long and 8.5 meter wide. Usually most sales gallery in Bangkok are quite similar. The clients would want to see some stunning architecture standing in the impressive surrounding. The gallery is specifically designed for eye-catch sculpture and 1:1 Mock up facade for the Main building. It is composed of 400 sqm internal space. Even though the land is limited and triangle shape, but the owner still wants to maximise the function area and a large landscape for their private outdoor event.
Image Courtesy © Soopakorn Srisakul and Ayutt Mahasom
- Architects: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
- Project: 168 Sale gallery
- Location: Sukhumvit36 road, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Soopakorn Srisakul and Ayutt Mahasom
- Client: Advance Living Co. Ltd.
- Site area: 230 sq.m.
- Construction area: 400 sq.m.
- Year: 2017
Sunday, August 20th, 2017
Article source: Blvd International
Different from traditional real estate sales gallery, this project emphasizes more on conceptual feature, aiming to present the environmental, modern and creative branding spirit to visitors. With white as the background color, the whole space conveys a pure aesthetics of minimalism. White is open to all possibilities and it embraces future to the largest extent. Touched up by the abstract artistic ambience, the space is overwhelmed with a deep and delicate aesthetic perception.
Image Courtesy © Ouyang Yun
- Architects: Blvd International
- Project: Shenzhen Mind the Sea Sales Gallery
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: Ouyang Yun
- Design Scope: interior design and façade renovation
- Construction Company: Wanxia Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Designers: Liu Honglei, Liang Xiaomei, Wang Ting, Xia Menghan
- Design area: 269 m2
- Design time: December, 2015
- Completion time: November, 2016