Archive for the ‘Garage’ Category
Tuesday, May 29th, 2018
Article source: Wallflower Architecture + Design
Our clients wanted to build their dream house; a house that would be their definitive family home. It had to have an urban presence, while having an open yet secure exterior space with sufficient privacy from the street. With a no expense to be spared mandate, the architect was given a large wish-list that included a 6-car garage and a 25m long pool.
Image Courtesy © Marc Tey Photography
- Architects: Wallflower Architecture + Design
- Project: Forever House
- Location: Serangoon, Singapore
- Photography: Marc Tey Photography
- Software used: SketchUp, Autocad
- Design Team: Robin Tan, Yong Mien Huei, Sean Zheng & Shirley Tan
- Structure: Gabriel Goh, GCE Consulting Engineers
- M&E: June, PCA Consulting Engineers
- QS: Jerry Yow, WS Surveyorship Pte Ltd
- Landscape: Daniel Sim, Nyee Phoe Flower Garden Pte Ltd
- Site Area: 1006 m2
- Project Completion: 2016
Sunday, May 27th, 2018
Article source: HERZOG & DE MEURON
The well-preserved gardens of the 17th century Villa Favorita, lining the shores of Lake Lugano at the foot of Monte Bré, are of great historical significance. The 13 romanticist buildings situated in the gardens were erected between 1687 and 1932. Their historicizing style is characteristic of Ticino architecture and, in fact, generally of the villas on the lake shores of northern Italy. Originally, the Villa Favorita was a freestanding, single ensemble of buildings between Lugano and Castagnola. Today it is surrounded by modernist blocks of housing from the second half of the 20th century. This modern architecture, is also a typical Ticino style, that emerged in response to the appeal of the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland as a second home and a financial center.
Image Courtesy © Studio Daulte
- Architects: HERZOG & DE MEURON
- Project: Castagnola
- Location: Lugano, Switzerland
- Photography: Studio Daulte, Dani Hunziker
- Client: Fausto Candolfi
- Partner in Charge: Jacques Herzog, Pierre de Meuron, Christine Binswanger
- Project Team: Martin Fröhlich (Associate, Project Director), Dieter, Mangold (Associate) bis 2011, Giulio Rigoni ab 2012, Christian Voss,Anna Jach, Alessandro Farina, Fernando Alonso, Hans Focketyn, Alexander Sadao, Franz, Martin Fröhlich, Yuko Himeno, Karina Hüssner, Kentaro Ishida, (Associate), Ondrej Janku, Mateo Mori Meana, Adriana Müller, Jochen, Seelos, Basil Spiess
- Construction Management: Encotech SAGL, Lugano, Switzerland
- Electrical Engineering: Pro Enggineering AG, Basel, Switzerland
- HVAC Engineering: Tebit Haustechnik AG, Binningen, Switzerland
Monday, May 14th, 2018
Article source: KUBE ARCHITECTURE PC
This new outdoor deck and enclosure is perched atop an existing rear garage behind a Washington, DC row house. The Owners requested a private space for spending time and entertaining, with shade for the intense summer heat. A 6-story apartment building sits behind it across the alley, exposing the back and top of the deck to all the windows units.
Image Courtesy © KUBE ARCHITECTURE PC
- Architects: KUBE ARCHITECTURE PC
- Project: Alley Armor
- Location: Washington, D.C, USA
- Software used: ArchiCAD, sketch up, Podium
Tuesday, April 10th, 2018
Article source: MODULO architects
MODULO architects (BE) and de Jong Gortemaker Algra Architects (NL), together with engineering firm ELLYPS (BE), designed a staff parking garage with a capacity of 985 cars for Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc in Brussels. This resulted in a fluent structure integrated with the site.
Parking garages are often labeled as mere functional industrial buildings rather than being referred to as inspiring architecture. Yet the parking garage is often the first place of contact with, in this case, the hospital and should therefore serve as a warm welcome for the visitors. This parking project at Saint-Luc is made into a positive first encounter, by selecting natural materials, providing abundant daylight and emphasizing contextual connection.
Image Courtesy © Lieven Van Landschoot
- Architects: MODULO architects
- Project: Parking Garage Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc
- Location: Saint-Lambert, Belgium
- Photography: Lieven Van Landschoot
Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
Article source: mecanoo
The new Palace of Justice in Córdoba is located in Arroyo del Moro which is characteristically dominated by anonymous housing blocks, products of the rapid urban development of 21st century Spanish cities. The blocks that characterize the urban fabric of the zone were not capable of generating public space or offering something new to the city, but collectively they form a compact and coherent urban identity. The addition of a public institution to the area creates the opportunity to upgrade the public realm and add a civic quality to this relatively new neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: mecanoo
- Project: Palace of Justice
- Location: Calle Isla Mallorca, Calle Isla Formentera, Calle Isla Gomera, Calle Cantabrico, Córdoba, Spain.
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Structural engineer, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineer: AYESA
- Promotor Owner / Developer: Consejería de Justicia e Interior (Junta de Andalucía).
- Size: 48,000 m2
- Project Design: 2006
- Project Realisation: 2014 – 2017
Friday, February 16th, 2018
Article source: Wplus_Design
It is a plan of the garage and outside structure in Nagoya city.
The house was newly built with a house maker, but I was unable to convince the manufacturer’s proposed external design and received a request.
By dividing the frame of the garage into three, guiding the light from the center high frame into the garage, connecting the frame to the entrance created a space that would unite to the outer fence.
Image Courtesy © S_Yamashita/Aquarius
- Architects: Wplus_Design
- Project: K.N Garage
- Location: Nagoya, Japan
- Photography: S_Yamashita/Aquarius
- Architects in Charge: Toru Watabe
- Landscaping: Niwakoubou
- Area: 41.35㎡(only in the garage)
- Project Year: 2017
Thursday, February 8th, 2018
Article source: Groosman
Groosman has carefully fitted the design for the new Park and Ride into the natural surroundings. The parking garage, made of natural materials, is completely surrounded by greenery and its volume is kept as small as possible whilst maintaining the 582 parking spaces. Through its rounded form the parking garage fits perfectly into the station area of Driebergen-Zeist.
Image Courtesy © Ren+¬ de Wit
- Architects: Groosman
- Project: Park and Ride Driebergen-Zeist
- Location: Driebergen-Zeist, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ren+¬ de Wit, Tychos Eye, Harry Noback
Monday, January 29th, 2018
Article source: PAULO MARTINS ARQ&DESIGN
An unusual challenge, where reverse thinking was indispensable. A global intervention, which started privately, through the emotion of the construction and a passion for motors.
Image Courtesy © Ivo Tavares Studio
- Architects: PAULO MARTINS ARQ&DESIGN
- Project: Private Garage
- Location: Águeda, Portugal
- Photography: Ivo Tavares Studio
- Area: 160m2
- Start/Finish: 2015/2016
Monday, January 22nd, 2018
Article source: ATELIER KEMPE THILL
Recently the construction started of the block14 development in Antwerp’s new city quarter Nieuw Zuid. Block 14 is the central block situated at the new piazza Zuiderplein that will function as the civic centre for the new neighbourhood with several thousand inhabitants.
Image Courtesy © ATELIER KEMPE THILL
- Architects: ATELIER KEMPE THILL
- Project: The Zuiderplein Antwerp
- Location: Nieuw Zuid, Antwerp, Belgium
- Client: Triple Living Antwerp / Belgium
- Software used: Vectorworks
Monday, December 11th, 2017
Article source: Vitor Vilhena Arquitectura
Located in the south of Portugal, in an area that serves as a transition between the Sea and the land. It is located in the village of Alcalar, a few kilometers from Portimão, where 5000 years ago was settled an important Prehistoric community.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: Vitor Vilhena Arquitectura
- Project: House in Alcalar
- Location: Alcalar, Algarve, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Team: Nuno Gonçalves, Fábio Plácido Guimarães, Michael Vieira
- Other Collaboration: Veritate, Projectos e Fiscalização Electroeng, Engenharia Electrotécnica Termoflux, Engenharia e Certificação Energética
- Total Construction Area (m2): 250 m2
- Year of Completion: 2016