Archive for the ‘Garage’ Category
Tuesday, December 20th, 2016
Article source: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
In a city of 26 million inhabitants and 7 million vehicles, being trapped in a car in Beijing’s notorious traffic is a compulsory experience in the capital city. Neri&Hu’s approach to the architectural renovation and interior design of an Automobile Service Center in Beijing attempts to recapture the allure and magic that was once associated with cars. Along with a café and offices, the project as a whole is conceived as a workshop space, partly raw and partly refined, it is activated throughout with the energy and spirit of the industrial era.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Pegenaute
- Architects: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
- Project: The Garage
- Location: 11 Hepingli South Street, Dongcheng Area, Beijing, China
- Photography: Pedro Pegenaute and Xia Zhi
- Principals: Lyndon Neri & Rossana Hu
- Senior associate, architecture: Nellie Yang
- Project manager: Jerry Guo
- Senior associate, product design: Brian Lo
- Associate, product design: Nicolas Fardet
- Associate, graphic design: Christine Neri
- Senior graphic designer: Siwei Ren
- Graphic designer: Haiou Xin
- Gross Area: 2680sqm
- Design Period: February 2014 – July 2016
Sunday, December 11th, 2016
Article source: White Arkitekter
The Swedish city of Piteå, located about 130 kms below the Arctic Circle, wanted a new parking garage but also got a sledding hill, an amphitheater and a large lantern. The project ‘Stadsberget’ (Swedish for ‘city mountain’) was designed by White Arkitekter in cooperation with Henning Larsen Architects and has become a unique meeting place and tourist attraction in the city centre.
Image Courtesy © Åke E:son Lindman
- Architects: White Arkitekter (Anna-Carin Dahlberg, Anders Sveningsson, Fredrik Larsson, Gunnar Stomrud ) + Henning Larsen Architects (Per Ebbe Hansson, Martin Stenberg)
- Project: The parking garage that moonlights as a sledding slope
- Location: Piteå, Sweden
- Photography: Åke E:son Lindman, Lennart Sjögren
- Client: Piteå municipality
- Lead architect(White Arkitekter): Lennart Sjögren
- Construction engineer(White Arkitekter): Maria Ekenberg
- Construction engineer(White Arkitekter): Frida Ejdemyr
- Construction engineer(White Arkitekter): Per-Anders Andersson
- Construction engineer(White Arkitekter): Lars Åsberg
- Light designer(White Arkitekter): Andreas Milsta
- Landscape architect(White Arkitekter): Karin Sjödin
- Materials: Siberian larch, prefab concrete, steel, glass, grass/vegetation
- Area: approx. 5,000 sqm
- Project start/end: 2012-2015
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: Haver & Boecker
Façade cladding with HAVER Architectural Mesh
Designed by the architects from Bialosky Cleveland the lifestyle center Crocker Park located in Westlake, Ohio opened 2004. The center is essentially an outdoor mall with areas for recreation and socializing which is based on a small French town-type setting.
Meanwhile, on 2 million square feet the center comprises 650 residential units, 131 retail, 26 restaurants and various office facilities. Crocker Park attracts more than 16 million visitors a year to Westlake.
Image Courtesy © John G. Quinn
- Architects: Haver & Boecker
- Project: Crocker Park Parking Garage K
- Location: Westlake, Ohio, United States of America
- Photography: John G. Quinn
- Architectural Mesh: EGLA-MONO 4631
- Architect: Bialosky Cleveland
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: Royal HaskoningDHV
The new underground parking garage in Katwijk aan Zee is the result of a multifaceted commission granted to Royal HaskoningDHV by the Municipality of Katwijk. Royal HaskoningDHV is responsible for the architectural design of the underground parking and translated this design into a Building Quality Plan. Based on this Building Quality Plan, Ballast Nedam, in cooperation with ZJA, engineered the integral design (architectural, functional, structural and installation) for the realization of the parking garage.
Image Courtesy © Luuk Kramer
- Architects: Royal HaskoningDHV
- Project: Kustwerk Katwijk
- Location: Katwijk, Netherlands
- Photography: Luuk Kramer, OnSite Photography
- Software used: Sketchup, Autodesk Autocad, Rhinoceros 3D, Vray and Adobe Design Suite
- Client: Municipality of Katwijk
- Landscape architect: OKRA Landscape architects
- Contract management: WB de Ruimte
- Dyke consultant: Arcadis
- Contractor: Bouwcombinatie Ballast Nedam/Rohde Nielsen
- Structural Design: Adviesbureau Snijders
- MEP: De Bosman Bedrijven
- Lift installation: Liften‐ en Machinefabriek Lakeman
- Façade Engineering and realization: Metadecor
- Integral Design: Ballast Nedam Engineering in cooperation with ZJA
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
Article source: JGCH Javier Galindo
The Motorino Checkpoint proposal is efficiently rigorous as well as conceptually poetic and playful. It not only reflects the demands of the program but it is also engages in a dialogue with its context and while doing so, hopes to convey the fun and playful aspects of riding a motorino in Rome.
Image Courtesy © JGCH Javier Galindo
- Architects: JGCH Javier Galindo
- Project: Motorino Checkpoint
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Status: Competition
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: LarsonO’Brien
Banker Wire recently collaborated with architects in Detroit to deliver a custom metal mesh solution for the renovation and historical preservation of a more than 90-year-old parking garage in the heart of the city.
Originally built in 1924, the parking garage at 801 West Lafayette Blvd. was one of two buildings on the Detroit News complex – the other being the home of the namesake newspaper. The garage was constructed for Detroit News employees and delivery vehicles. In 2014, Bedrock Management bought both buildings to serve Bedrock employees and other corporate tenants. Renovations began immediately with the preservation of their historic design elements top-of-mind.
Image Courtesy © LarsonO’Brien
Tuesday, July 19th, 2016
Article source: saiz+renduelesARQUITECTOS
This residential building makes the most of a tiny space that enjoys a privileged location on a chamfered sidewalk street corner.
The public space takes the lead. The strong volumen of the building steps back on the corner to emphasize the main access.
Image Courtesy © Eugeni Pons
- Architects: saiz+renduelesARQUITECTOS
- Project:Cervantes Building
- Location: Zaragoza, Spain
- Photography: Eugeni Pons
- Promoter / Client: Cervantes 19 S.L.
- Constructor: Inviasa
- Budget: 574,929.42 €
- Area: 807.12 m² (above ground) and 601,17 m² (below ground)
Friday, July 8th, 2016
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
The Miami Design District, a neighborhood dedicated to innovative art, design and architecture, has commissioned The Museum Garage to be built as part of its Phase III development.
It is a seven-story mixed-use structure with ground-floor retail and the capacity for 800 vehicles. Curated by Terence Riley of K/R (Keenen/Riley), the project will feature five dramatically different façades by WORKac, J.MAYER.H, Clavel Arquitectos, Nicolas Buffe and K/R (Keenen/Riley). The building will also feature a mural by Sagmeister & Walsh.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Project: MUSEUM GARAGE – Artistic façade design for a parking garage
- Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino
- Client: Miami Design District
- Partner in Charge: Juergen Mayer H.
- Project Architect: Wilko Hoffmann
- Team: Marcus Blum, Fabrizio Silvano
- Project Date: 2014-2017
- Completion: 2017
Thursday, February 25th, 2016
Article source: ESPACIO PAPEL
A prism shaped structure stands on the remaining grounds of an old corrala* from the 1950s. The space is composed of two blocks that run the length of the plot, which allows all homes to have no less than two outer façades and cross-ventilation.
Between blocks there is a wide courtyard, crossed by three translucent elevated walkways that can be used to access the homes at the northern end.
Image Courtesy © Elena almagro
- Architects: ESPACIO PAPEL, Elena wilhelmi casanova, Rafael palomares bralo
- Project: Los Olivos 53 Houses and 58 Garages
- Location: Los Olivos, Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Elena almagro
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Article source: Johan Sundberg arkitektur
The building is situated a stone’s throw from the sea in southern Höllviken in the south of Sweden. The area is rich with tall pine trees, and this plot is no exception. The project comprises three buildings: a residence for the client, a garage, and a small cottage for an aging relative.
Image Courtesy © Markus Linderoth
- Architects: Johan Sundberg arkitektur
- Project: Villa Ljung
- Location: Ljungvägen, Höllviken, Sweden
- Photography: Markus Linderoth
- Chief architect: Johan Sundberg
- Structural engineer: Laine Montelin, Tyréns
- Construction: Mattias Granwald, Robobygg
- Landscape architect: Anders Folkesson
- Building year: 2013
- Software used: Archicad, Sketchup