Archive for the ‘Garage’ Category
Tuesday, July 19th, 2016
Article source: saiz+renduelesARQUITECTOS
This residential building makes the most of a tiny space that enjoys a privileged location on a chamfered sidewalk street corner.
The public space takes the lead. The strong volumen of the building steps back on the corner to emphasize the main access.
Image Courtesy © Eugeni Pons
- Architects: saiz+renduelesARQUITECTOS
- Project:Cervantes Building
- Location: Zaragoza, Spain
- Photography: Eugeni Pons
- Promoter / Client: Cervantes 19 S.L.
- Constructor: Inviasa
- Budget: 574,929.42 €
- Area: 807.12 m² (above ground) and 601,17 m² (below ground)
Friday, July 8th, 2016
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
The Miami Design District, a neighborhood dedicated to innovative art, design and architecture, has commissioned The Museum Garage to be built as part of its Phase III development.
It is a seven-story mixed-use structure with ground-floor retail and the capacity for 800 vehicles. Curated by Terence Riley of K/R (Keenen/Riley), the project will feature five dramatically different façades by WORKac, J.MAYER.H, Clavel Arquitectos, Nicolas Buffe and K/R (Keenen/Riley). The building will also feature a mural by Sagmeister & Walsh.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Project: MUSEUM GARAGE – Artistic façade design for a parking garage
- Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino
- Client: Miami Design District
- Partner in Charge: Juergen Mayer H.
- Project Architect: Wilko Hoffmann
- Team: Marcus Blum, Fabrizio Silvano
- Project Date: 2014-2017
- Completion: 2017
Thursday, February 25th, 2016
Article source: ESPACIO PAPEL
A prism shaped structure stands on the remaining grounds of an old corrala* from the 1950s. The space is composed of two blocks that run the length of the plot, which allows all homes to have no less than two outer façades and cross-ventilation.
Between blocks there is a wide courtyard, crossed by three translucent elevated walkways that can be used to access the homes at the northern end.
Image Courtesy © Elena almagro
- Architects: ESPACIO PAPEL, Elena wilhelmi casanova, Rafael palomares bralo
- Project: Los Olivos 53 Houses and 58 Garages
- Location: Los Olivos, Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Elena almagro
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Article source: Johan Sundberg arkitektur
The building is situated a stone’s throw from the sea in southern Höllviken in the south of Sweden. The area is rich with tall pine trees, and this plot is no exception. The project comprises three buildings: a residence for the client, a garage, and a small cottage for an aging relative.
Image Courtesy © Markus Linderoth
- Architects: Johan Sundberg arkitektur
- Project: Villa Ljung
- Location: Ljungvägen, Höllviken, Sweden
- Photography: Markus Linderoth
- Chief architect: Johan Sundberg
- Structural engineer: Laine Montelin, Tyréns
- Construction: Mattias Granwald, Robobygg
- Landscape architect: Anders Folkesson
- Building year: 2013
- Software used: Archicad, Sketchup
Tuesday, October 20th, 2015
Article source: tai_tai STUDIO
He has SUZUKI’s big-size bike. She has HONDA’s big-size bike, too.They want to have a garage for 2 big-bikes in their house.
They wanted a house where there is a courtyard in the one-story. They wanted a home, such as use continuously the kitchen and the living room or bedroom through a courtyard. So we thought the arrangement small huts, such as surrounding the courtyard.
Image Courtesy © Hisashi okamoto
- Architects: tai_tai STUDIO
- Project: House with a courtyard and a garage
- Location: Yotukaidou-city, Chiba, Japan
- Photography: Hisashi okamoto
- Site area: 229.4
- Architectural area: 132.4
- Total floor area: 141.4
- Year: 2015
Thursday, July 16th, 2015
Article source: Söhne&Partner architects
A treehouse for men and machines
The architecture of this design addresses the tree house with all its well known features we remember from childhood and includes this basic idea with the features of a luxury, modern garage. Especially the situation of the construction site invites us to an imaginative staging.
garage, Image Courtesy © Söhne&Partner architects
Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Article source: Estudio Galera Arquitectura
Kaprys House was designed as a weekend retreat to be used in summer as well as in winter. It is set on top of a sand-dune within a woody environment in Cariló, a seaside town situated 400 km from Buenos Aires.
Image Courtesy © Diego Medina
- Architects: Estudio Galera Arquitectura
- Project: KAPRYS HOUSE
- Location: Cariló,Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Photography: Diego Medina
- STRUCTURE: Ing. Carlos Bereilh
- Lot area: 1050 m2
- Building area: 190 m2
- Project construction: 2012
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: i29 interior architects
A formerly garage space in Amsterdam’s area de Pijp, turned into a spacious house naturally lit by large roof lights. The interior with a generous 230m2 on one floor level is finished in a simple material palette. The repetition of rectangular rough oak wooden surfaces is in great contrast with the stark white walls, black surfaces and grey cast flooring.
Image Courtesy © Ewout Huibers
- Architects: i29 interior architects
- Project: Home 11
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Ewout Huibers
- Client: Private
- Floor area: 230 m²
- Cabinet maker: Arend Kooijmans
- Contractor: KJ Aannemers
Saturday, June 7th, 2014
Article source: Kengo Kuma and Associates
With the growth of cities and their scale, public buildings of 20th Century were likely to be driven away to the suburbs, often as isolated concrete boxes in parking lots. We wanted to reverse this flow with Nagaoka Aore. We moved the city hall back to the center of the town and revived a real “heart of town,” which is located in a walking distance from anywhere, working along with people’s everyday life.
Image Courtesy © Erieta Attali
- Architects: Kengo Kuma and Associates
- Project: Nagaoka City Hall “Aore”
- Location: 1-4-10 Otedori, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata, Japan
- Photography: Erieta Attali
- Completed in: 2012. 3
- Program: City hall, Assembly hall, Shops and Restaurants, Bank, Roofed plaza, Garage
- Site Area: 12073.44 m2
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: Banker Wire
Parking Structure Aims to Improve Patient Experience at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
The new Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton serves members of the military in a healing and calming environment – from the moment they arrive on the hospital’s campus to the moment they leave. A four-story parking garage, featuring Banker Wire metal fabric railings and partitions, helps establish this calming environment and creates a sense of tranquility for patients.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Architects: HKS, Inc.
- Project: Military Chooses Banker Wire Metal Mesh for Naval Hospital Parking Garage
- Location: Camp Pendleton, USA
- Photography: Banker Wire