Archive for the ‘gym’ Category
Tuesday, February 6th, 2018
Article source: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
Peter Pichler Architecture won an international invited competition for the design of a new residential tower complex of 35.000m² in Maarssen, Netherlands.
The new complex consists of approx. 260 apartments, parking garages, public facilities, gym and a running track on the roof. It is located on a main axis between Amsterdam and Utrecht and should act as a social “engine” in the area, which will undergo some major developments within the next years.
Image Courtesy © PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Looping Towers
- Location: Maarssen, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Size: 35.000m²
- Developer / Client: Winter Trust BV
- Year: July 2017 1st Prize Invited International Competition, 2020 Finish Construction
Monday, January 8th, 2018
Article source: v2com
An undulating glass and terraced terracotta pavilion opened at Tivoli Gardens on November 17 to public acclaim. The new building transforms the western edge of the historic park and brings fresh excitement to Copenhangen’s urban core. Designed by the internationally recognized New York—based architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, the project houses a food hall, shops, restaurants, and hotel rooms and is topped by a landscaped roof. It continues Tivoli’s rich tradition of intertwined recreation, amenity, and natural beauty.
Image Courtesy © Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Architects: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners Architects
- Project: Tivoli Hjørnet Opens in Central Copenhagen
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Client: Tivoli A/S
- Gross Floor Area: 8,500 m2/91,500 ft2
- Building dimensions: Length: 105 m maximum; width 18m average; height 17m above grade
- Completed: November 2017
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: concrete
Within the bustling streets of Mongkok, Hong Kong, concrete created a welcoming clubhouse for all residents of the Skypark tower.
Skypark is a large residential development by Hong Kong based New World Development, led by Mr Adrian Cheng. Within one of the densest areas of Hong Kong the tower is suited to people who enjoy life in a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, but with its communal clubhouse and outside park on the very top of the building it also provides them an escape from the city.
Skypark aerial, Image Courtesy © concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: Clubhouse Mongkok Skypark
- Location: Mongkok 17 Nelson street, Hong Kong
- Software used: Autocad, Vectorworks
- Project team: Rob Wagemans – Maarten de Geus Tom Ruijken – Sofie Ruytenberg – Julia Hundermark Wouter Slot – Yoekie de Bree
- Executive architect: P&T architects & engineers Ltd.
- Executive landscape architect: Adrian L. Norman Ltd.
- Structural engineer: CM Wong & Associates Ltd.
- MEP engineer: WSP Hong Kong Ltd.
- Lighting consultant: Pro-lit Ltd.
- General Contractor: New World Construction Co. Ltd.
- Electrical contractor: Junefair Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Mechanical contractor: Kai Chuen Engineering (H.K.) Co. Ltd.
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: Ministry of Design
The VUE Hotel brand exemplifies the new wave of locally-rooted boutique hospitality experiences, a global cultural phenomenon now finding roots in China. “VUE” in French means “view” or “a way to see” and VUE hotels aspire to present a fresh way of “seeing” hospitality design and experiences. VUE’s DNA upends conventional Chinese notions of hospitality and is defined by 4 core pillars: 1. Encourages Socialising; 2. Transcendence of culture; 3. Delightful & Whimsical; 4. Relaxed & Inviting.
Image Courtesy © Ministry of Design
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017
Article source: UArchitects
This a unique sustainable and digital school in the Netherlands.
Two existing schools in two neighbouring locations in Maastricht are merging into a new school on a new location in that city. This particular location was chosen to strengthen the weak social structure of the two neighbourhoods and to introduce a new digital education system to learn also more about the environment, nature and sustainability. Even the playground outside has different zones to help children (re)discover nature and explore their world by means of experiments or to build and test objects.
Image Courtesy © UArchitects
- Architects: UArchitects
- Project: IKC de Geluksvogel
- Location: Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autodesk
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
Building constructed for the specific use of a fitness center. It was built over columns (pilotis) used as parking place. The reception and administrative areas are located on the ground floor; the dressing, body-building and cardiovascular rooms on the first floor; and on the second floor are situated the fight, multi-use and bike rooms. The materials and colors are pallets of grey, wood and orange. Natural light is captured on the facade and through zenithal illumination. Special attention was given to illumination and visual communication. The façade faces a busy avenue, and makes use of the volumes of the building and of the grey and orange colors to stand out in the urban setting.
Image Courtesy © Maira Acayaba
- Architects: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
- Project: Monday Fitness Center
- Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Maira Acayaba
- Arquitect team: Caroline cursino; Tatiana Martins
- Construction: Luiz Fernando Ruiz
- Visual identitie project: Ari Felipe Miaciro
- Area of the Bilding: 2.891,00m2
- Area of the terrain: 1.665,00 m2
- Project year: 2015
- Conclusion: 2016
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: 2260mm arquitectura
The school is located on square land in the perimeter of the town in an area of potential development. The building stands alone in a isolated area, limited by an avenue, that is buried beneath the school and fields.
The building design is a comb framework facing onto the future plaza, (for school weekly access and weekend public use) and inside you will find the administration office, kitchen, dining room and gym. The two perpendicular wings are on one and two floors respectively, where the classrooms are located for kindergarten and primary.
Image Courtesy © Lluís Bernat
- Architects: 2260mm arquitectura (Manel Casellas & Mar Puig de la Bellacasa (2260mm) )
- Project: La Canaleta School
- Location: Catalonia, Spain
- Photography: Lluís Bernat
- Client: GENERALITAT DE CATALUNYA
- Collaborators: Miguel Angel Alcaide, Maria Puche, Anna Pérez, Josep Carrera (architects)
- Constructor: DECO
- Structures: Miguel Nevado, Manuel Arguijo
- Engineering: JSS
- Acoustics: Ivana Rossell
- Quantity surveyor: Rossell Giner Associats
- Built Area: 3480m2
- Dates: 2012-2014
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: ESTUDIO ARQUITECTURA CAMPO BAEZA
Designed for the campus of the Francisco de Vitoria University in Pozuelo (Madrid), the building houses a sports center and classroom complex. It includes the use of sports halls, multi-purpose rooms, a gymnasium, swimming pool, physiotherapy, etc. The sports complex can also be used as a large multi-purpose area and meeting hall, facilitating a range of university activities.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas
- Architects: ESTUDIO ARQUITECTURA CAMPO BAEZA
- Project: UNIVERSIDAD FRANCISCO DE VITORIA SPORTS CENTER
- Location: Carretera. Pozuelo-Majadahonda km 1.800, Pozuelo de Alarcón, MADRID
- Photography: Javier Callejas
- Client: Universidad Francisco de Vitoria
- Mechanical engineer: Úrculo Ingenieros
- Project Manager: Francisco Navarro, María Lamela, Francisco Armesto
- Contractor: Clásica Urbana (Jesús Díaz Poblaciones, Francisco Martínez Reche, Jorge Garriga, Mónica Grau)
- Function: Pabellón Polideportivo y Aulario (Sports center and classrooms)
- Collaborators architects: Ignacio Aguirre López, Alejandro Cervilla García, María Pérez de Camino Díez, Tommaso Campiotti, Miguel Ciria Hernández, Elena Jiménez Sánchez, Imanol Iparraguirre, María Moura
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: Design Blitz
Following the completion of their 50,000 square foot Headquarters, Malwarebytes experienced a rapid level of company growth with a projected doubling of their staff within the subsequent 12 months. In response to this elevated need for real estate, the cyber security company took over another 25,000 square feet in their multi-floor, multi-tenant building in Santa Clara, California.
Image Courtesy © Design Blitz
- Architects: Design Blitz
- Project: Malwarebytes Expansion
- Location: Santa Clara, California, USA
Wednesday, July 26th, 2017
Article source: RIMA Arquitectura
Sportium Santa Fe is located at the west side of Mexico City; the project is part of a mayor change and new image of the sports facility brand. For this new gym the proposal was a fresh and informal environment with open spaces that encourage sports coexistence among users.
Image Courtesy © Frank Lynen
- Architects: RIMA Arquitectura
- Project: Sportium Santa Fe
- Location: Mexico City
- Photography: Frank Lynen
- Architectural project: Ricardo Urias/Rodrigo Espinosa
- Team: Yolanda Bravo and Luis Animas
- Structural engineer: Grupo Marghe Constructores
- Ventilation: Grupo Marghe Constructores