Archive for the ‘Historic Site’ Category
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017
Article source: Petra Gipp Arkitektur AB
Bruksgården is located in an area that is classified as being of national interest, where the main building and its wings are considered to be of the highest cultural value.
Image Courtesy © Jens Markus Lindhe
- Architects: Petra Gipp Arkitektur AB (Petra Gipp, Jonas Hesse, Maria Videgård, Malin Heyman, Kalle Hjalmarsson, Maria Cagnoli and Marco Nathansohn)
- Project: Bruksgården
- Location: Gruvtorget, Höganäs, Sweden
- Photography: Jens Markus and Mattias Lindbäck
- Gross flor area: 1700 kvm
- Year of construction: 2010-2016
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés architectes SA
The site comprises an ensemble of five historical buildings owned by UBS which are bounded by rue de la Confédération, rue du Commerce, rue du Rhône, and the historic Passage des Lions in the prestigious neighbourhood of Les Rues-Basses in Geneva. In January 2009, UBS launched a competition for projects to transform these structures in order to bring them up to contemporary standards of use, functionality, safety, and energy efficiency.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés architectes SA
- Project: Rhône 8
- Location: 8, rue du Rhône, 1204 Genève, Switzerland
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Other participants (eg. collaborators, clients, consultants, etc):
- Collaborators Lausanne: Jacques Richter, Ignacio Dahl Rocha, Christian Leibbrandt, Fabrizio Giacometti, Manuela Toscan, Jérémy Schaffner, Antoine Barc, Yann Collomb, Nathalie Saegesser, Lionel Peter, Christophe Gachnang, Bernard Freymond, Sacha Pannatier, Fabrice Roulin
- Collaborators Design: Jacques Richter, Ignacio Dahl Rocha, Claudia Dell’Ariccia, Marie Bürgisser-Jaquier, Juliane Mayor, Marco Turin, Eléonore Junod
- Client | Investor: UBS SA (Swiss Life SA)
- Representative to the contracting authority: Tekhne SA
- Structural engineer: Ingphi SA
- Graphic Design / Signag: RDR design SA
- Safety engineer: Orqual SA
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Daniel Valle Architects
The proposal for the Plaza ambitions to become a new type of public space in Seoul, one capable to absorb in one same place the memories and cultural heritage of the site, the exciting underground world of passages and connections and a creative and technological platform for learning and innovating.
To achieve this endeavor, we propose to keep thirteen standing columns of the former Japanese building as the only objects standing in the plaza. All other urban furniture are substituted by a soft curved rubber surface acting as seating areas for visitors who wish to sit and have a pause. The new surface of the Plaza acts as a platform to empower memories and nothing stands between the columns and citizens.
Memories can be recalled by direct visual connection with the former building’s columns and other cultural heritage around the site such as Deoksugung Palace’s wall. We propose a complementary digital layer of engagement with the site’s hidden meanings; a layer that allows citizens to receive digital information in the form of specifically designed APPs and augmented reality platforms that complement the visual perception of the site. The smart plaza will provide 5G WIFI connection for the better display of these services. The Plaza also wises to be a large mobile phone charge station. Electromagnetic fields embedded in the Plaza’s pavement create areas of wireless recharge for mobile devices.
Image Courtesy © Daniel Valle Architects
- Architects: Daniel Valle Architects
- Project: SEJONG-DAERO HISTORIC CULTURAL SPACE
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Client: Seoul City Government
- Credits: Daniel Valle, Jiwon Hur, Andrea González de Vega, Iago Blanco
- Size: Ground 1,088 m2, Underground 1,600 m2
- Year: 2015
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Antonio Raso, César Egea, Luis Gala y Pedro Dugo
From the architect. Location
Plaza of Angustias and Calle Interior de la Alcazaba in Palma del Río (Córdoba). This project is located in the historic center of town. It is the existing step today between the street Rio Seco from the rear of the Parroquia of the Asuncion, up to the Plaza of Angustias, including the land delimited by the enclosure that it is located, protecting the canvas the wall and the Almohad hexagonal tower that housed one of the gateways to the town.
Image Courtesy © Javier Orive
- Architects: Antonio Raso, César Egea, Luis Gala y Pedro Dugo
- Project: Almohade Wall Refurbishment
- Location: 14700 Palma del Río, Córdoba, Spain
- Photography: Javier Orive
- Developers: Ayuntamiento de Palma del Río (Córdoba), FEDER
- Surveyors: José Luis Asencio, Almudena Ballesteros y Francisco Pérez
- Year: 2015
Thursday, March 19th, 2015
Article source: FAHR 021.3
Amid the architectural diversity of one of the most representative areas in Porto, Metamorfose,by creative team FAHR 021.3, stands out. The impact of the green metal mesh filling the void by one of the city’s gateway is undeniable. The result of this intimate dialogue with the city is absolute perfection when bringing together all the elements that make up the area around São Bento train station.
Image Courtesy © FAHR 021.3
- Architects: FAHR 021.3
- Project: Metamorfose
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Creative Project- FAHR 021.3
- Light Design– José Nuno Sampaio
- Engineer- NCREP
- Execution- LETRATEC
- Development Promoter: Porto Lazer
- Key Features:
- Materials – Quadrangular profile steel
- Dimensions – (approx.)28m extension, 12m height, 5m depth Weight6000 kg
- Number of intersections – 200
- Materials in metres – 400 running metres
- Colour – Copper oxide
Saturday, December 6th, 2014
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
Ippolito Fleitz Group has designed the interior architecture of the Uzbekistan International Forums Palace, located on Amir Timur Square in the heart of the Uzbek capital Tashkent. The palace was ceremonially opened in September 2009 to celebrate the occasion of Tashkent’s 2200th anniversary. A jewellery shop, housed in one of two historic bell towers providing the design prelude to this representative ensemble on Amir Timur Square, was also designed as part of the project.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
- Project: Belfry Tashkent
- Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Photography: Zooey Braun
- Software used: Vectorworks
- TEAM: Peter Ippolito, Gunter Fleitz, Tilla Goldberg, Steffen Ringler, Alexander Fehre, Christian Kirschenmann
- Lighting Design: pfarré lighting design, München
- General Contractor: RIEDL Messe-/Laden- & Objektbau GmbH, Pfaffing
Saturday, November 29th, 2014
Article source: v2com
Our project integrates into its surroundings by respecting the urban fabric and existing buildings listed on the register of historic monuments. The use of the same type of stone, the preservation of existing buildings and respect for alignments all give the building an almost discreet character.
At the same time, the project establishes a strong identity, with the prayer hall and minaret recessed from the street.
The minaret and prayer hall are clad in white stone, symbolizing purity.
Image Courtesy © Bureau Architecture Méditerranée
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Article source: Germán del Sol
To dwell in this vast land, men and women build graceful stone structures along the roads in Atacama, to get an insight into nature, and make it hospitable.
These concrete landmarks in the landscape, reveal the presence of water ponds used to irrigate the land, and to swim, and open up new perspectives to the immense wilderness around.
The water is kept still flowing gently over the ponds edges to reflect the light, and the beauty of the place, against the dark slate coating.
Image Courtesy © Germán del Sol
- Architects: Germán del Sol
- Project: SAUNAS Y ESTANQUES EN ATACAMA
- Location: San Pedro de Atacama, Atacama Region, Chile
- Surface: 940 sqm.
- Horacio Schmidt, Architect.
- Nicole Labbé, Architect.
- Carlos Venegas, Architect.
- Hernán Fierro, Graphic Arts.
- Project Date: 1998
- Completion Date: 2000
- Structural Engineering: Fernando del Sol and Enzo Valladares
- Building Contractor: Salfa S.A.
- Job Captains: Rubén Ossandón and Jean Paul Barthou
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Article source: Festival des Architectures Vives
The Festival des Architectures Vives aims to raise public awareness of the wide range of architecture. It seeks not only to highlight the work of a young generation of architects, landscape architects and urban planners but also to make discover unexpected urban areas.
Image Courtesy © Paul KOZLOWSKI
- Architects: Festival des Architectures Vives
- Project: Festival des Architectures Vives – FAV 2014 à Montpellier
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: Paul KOZLOWSKI
Sunday, May 18th, 2014
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp) are designing the new rehearsal building for the ballet company of Deutsche Oper am Rhein. In a consortium with HOCHTIEF Solutions, they were commissioned by Düsseldorf City Council in a PPP scheme.
Image Courtesy © gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Architects: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: New construction of rehearsal building for “Ballett am Rhein”
- Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Collaborate: HOCHTIEF Solutions AG and HMI, BIG and Capatti Staubach
- Design: Volkwin Marg and Hubert Nienhoff with Kristian Spencker
- Team members: Veit Lieneweg, Silvia Schneider, Michael Scholz, Daniel Tome
- Client: The City of Düsseldorf
- GFA: 4,500 m²