Article source: AR Design Studio
Friday April 5th 1946, on a beautifully clear Spring afternoon crowds cheered as the 25/1 racehorse, “Lovely Cottage”, strode triumphantly past the finishing post to be crowned winner of the Grand National, the UKs largest horse race. Trained by Tommy Rayson and ridden by Captain Robert Petre at the first true Aintree Grand National race since 1940, after the Second World War, and the last to take place on a Friday, which had been the tradition since 1876.
- Architects: AR Design Studio
- Project: Manor House Stables
- Location: Headbourne Worthy, Winchester, United Kingdom
- Photography: Martin Gardner
- Architect In Charge: Andy Ramus
- Completion: March 2013