Archive for the ‘Hospital’ Category
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018
Article source: VAILLO+IRIGARAY
The project is a reflection on memory: the pass of time and the evolution of architecture…
The proposal is a way to intervention in a 19th century building … the traces of the past are engraved in the new buildings, like a memory of ancient geometries … It is an unfinished architecture that the time will end up composing in the place …
Image Courtesy © Rubén P. Bescós
- Architects: VAILLO+IRIGARAY
- Project: Psychiatric Center
- Location: Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
- Photography: Rubén P. Bescós
- Client: Servicio Navarro de Salud – Osasunbidea
- Structural Engineering: Raúl Escrivá – OPERA Ingeniería
- Facilities Engineering: José Javier González – GE ingenieros
- Area: 9.820 m2
- Project Year: 2012
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
Article source: Joaquin Galan Architect
The new Dialysis Unit in Hospital of Carlos Haya is an enlargement that occupies the place of the old staff cafeteria, even part of the own Hospital, where annexed rooms, such as changing rooms, toilets, storage room, repair monitors, dirty and clean offices are located. The main idea of the project is to develop all the activity of dialysis in the most diaphanous area, developing four distinct care stays, minimum, intermediate, intensive and patients-rooms. Thus, a radial composition is achieved, which is not broken in any case, as the separations are made of glass, the composition of dialysis stations is marked by the lighting and composition of the false ceiling is achieved, all this results in an open space, very comfortable and aesthetically unique and striking space, playing with a minimal numberof materials, expensive as well, combined with a few colours, taking advantage of the natural light, with special glasses.
Image Courtesy © Joaquin Galan Architect
- Architects: Joaquin Galan Architect
- Project: New Dialysis Unit Area
- Location: Hospital Carlos Haya. Málaga ( Spain )
- Project and works manager: Joaquín Galan Vallejo_Architect
- Structural design: Javier Cruz de la Conde_ Engineering
- Facility design: DM Ingenieros
- Public Client: Health Department- Junta de Andalucía.
- Collaborators: Javier Cruz de la Conde,Eugenio Novoa.
- Construction company: Construcciones Inbesa S.L.
- Surface area: 639,50 M2
- Date of project: 03/09/2013
- Date of final works: 14/02/2014
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
Article source: ESPAGNO MILANI ARCHITECTES ASSOCIES
Glass double-skin façade renovation at the Brive-la-Gaillarde existing Hospital. This new structure provides a thermal and acustics improvement to the building and fire security external ailes for an eventual intervention. This esthetic solution is made with curtain walls with an horizontal modular organisation, with different types of glass decorations that provide more or less sun protection depending on the location of the glass tile.
Image Courtesy © ESPAGNO MILANI ARCHITECTES ASSOCIES
- Architects: ESPAGNO MILANI ARCHITECTES ASSOCIES
- Project: Double-Skin Facade Renovation At Brive-La-Gaillarde’s Hospital
- Location: Brive-la-Gaillarde, France
- Photography: Sylvain Mille
Thursday, October 5th, 2017
Article source: HOK
Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH) is Singapore’s first medical campus with an outpatient clinic, community hospital and acute care general hospital.
The team designed the campus as a prototype for the Singapore Ministry of Health’s effort to provide high-quality, affordable care to all.
The facility, which includes Jurong Community Hospital, provides seamless integration of care on a single site. Close management ensures integration at the hospitals’ infrastructure, administrative and clinical levels. The hospitals are designed to share service facilities such as digital imaging, pharmacy, catering, medical records, storage and training facilities.
Image Courtesy © CPG Consultants
- Architects: HOK
- Project: Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
- Location: Jurong, Singapore
- Photography: CPG Consultants, BJ Lee
- Design Consultant and Medical Planning: HOK
- Architect of Record: CPG Consultants Pte Ltd
- Design Consultant: Studio 505 Melbourne
- Owner: Singapore Ministry of Health
- Size: 1.84 million sq. ft. / 171,300 sq. m.
- Total building area: 1,862,368 (includes Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Jurong Community Hospital, and Specialty Outpatient Clinic)
- Completion date: October 2015
Tuesday, September 19th, 2017
Article source: V2com
After nearly a decade of work, CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s are pleased to announce the completion of Phase 1 of the Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM). Begun in 2009, the CHUM teaching institution is the largest healthcare construction project in North America and the largest public—private partnership project in Canadian history. Already, the building has ignited the revitalization of a neglected sector of Montreal’s urban core.
Maison Garth and Saint-Sauveur Steeple, Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s ( NIP Paysage )
- Project: Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal —CHUM
- Location: Montréal, Canada
- Photography: Adrien Williams, CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s, and Karine Savard
- Client: Construction Santé Montréal
- Principals in charge: Jose Silva, AIA and Azad Chichmanian, OAQ
- Engineers: Pasquin St-Jean, HH Angus, Groupe SM
- Contractors: Construction Santé Montréal
Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Article source: El Equipo de Mazzanti
The comprehension of a metropolitan scale is fundamental at the moment of thinking in an integral architectonical answer. More than solving a need for the expansion of the hospital, the project should commit to solve more of what it is requested, taking advantage of the good location of the intervention area. The project is located in a place in the city where two of the main avenues: 9th and 7th avenue almost connect. Our proposal looks forward to be a diagonal connector and work as a catalyzer for new flows, activities and human relationships.
Image Courtesy © Andres Valbuena
- Architects: El Equipo de Mazzanti (Giancarlo Mazzanti, Sebastián Negret, Fredy Fortich, Alberto Aranda, Felipe Pombo, Rocío Lamprea)
- Project: Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá Enlargement
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Photography: Andres Valbuena, Alejandro Arango, Fredy Fortich
- Production and Photographic Coordination: Mariana Bravo, Fredy Fortich
- Furniture for Photography: Kassani Diseño – Colombia, Crusardi Contract; Bogota Colombia. Representatives BoConcept, Kare, Kusch, Tribù Ekomedia S.A.S. (Renders). Rolformados S.A.S. (Consulting and building facade)
- Architects Designer: Get There Wrong
- Structural Engineer:
- CNI: Nicolas Parra
- PYP: Rafael Palomino
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: Vilalta Arquitectura
The project is located at the entrance of the hospital compound of the city of Woldya, in the north east of Ethiopia.
A key decision of the project was to divide it in two areas that share the same entrance space: the functional maternity unit and the mothers’ waiting area, a new program born as a result of the sociological analysis of the site. This is a space where future mothers coming from rural areas can live in an environment where they can feel comfortable two weeks before they give birth.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Guajardo
- Architects: Vilalta Arquitectura
- Project: Woldyia Maternity Center
- Location: Woldyia, Ethiopia
- Photography: Gonzalo Guajardo
- Client: IPI Cooperació
- Director: Xavier Vilalta
- Project Leader: Maria Rosaria Favoino
- Project Team: Luiza Kostecka, Anna Kyskova
- Data: Comission
- Surface: 800 m2
- Time: 2013-2017
Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Article source: RAFAEL DE LA-HOZ Arquitectos
The Center for Cancer Research and Treatment project promoted by the Luis Carlos Sarmiento Angulo Foundation aims to provide the city of Bogotá with a specialized state-of- the-art cancer treatment center that meets the highest international standards.
In addition to the services provided by the Hospital with its approximately 280 beds there will be a research center to make the latest medical advances available to staff and patients.
Image Courtesy © RAFAEL DE LA-HOZ Arquitectos
- Architects: RAFAEL DE LA-HOZ Arquitectos
- Project: CTIC – Centro de Tratamiento e Investigación sobre Cáncer Luis Carlos Sarmiento Angulo
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Developer: Fundacion CTIC
- Health Professional Assessment Consultancy: Perkins + Will, Chicago, USA
- Hydraulic Eng: Plinco
- Structural Eng: Ayrcadi
- Safety & Control Eng: AGR
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Article source: JACA Architects
This project entails the full rehabilitation of an existing building that was formerly used for commercial offices. The complete renovation includes an addition for the facility’s gymnasium. The exterior and window system was part of this renovation. The inpatient and outpatient medical facility will include 81 patient rooms and 152 beds, as well as three pharmacies, a cafeteria, group therapy rooms, and consultation/exam rooms.
Close-up of exterior, Image Courtesy © JACA Architects
- Architects: JACA Architects
- Project: Signature Healthcare Psychiatric Hospital
- Location: 300 Friberg Parkway, Westborough, Massachusetts, USA
- Size: 90,000 square feet
- Completion: June 2017
Wednesday, July 26th, 2017
Article source: Geyran Mimarlık Atölyisi Ltd. Sti.
Mevlana University Training and Research Hospital is designed to be constructed in Selçuklu District of Konya. The planned overall indoors area of the university hospital is 41.000 m². The building is located to the east of Yeni Istanbul avenue, which is one of the main arteries of Konya having a new axis extending in northeast and southwest direction, and the building settlement is performed after moving 25 m inwards from the road as per the zoning status of the land with 124 m/tul facade to the road. The mass composition of the private hospital essentially comprises of 1 podium building and curved multistory block.
Image Courtesy © Geyran Mimarlık Atölyisi Ltd. Sti.
- Architects: Geyran Mimarlık Atölyisi Ltd. Sti.
- Project: Mevlana Unıversity Hospital
- Location: Konya, Turkey
- Owner: Mevlana Unıversıty
- Contractor: Mevlana Unıversıty
- Originator: Geyran Architecture Workshop Ltd. Co.
- Construction Type: Reinforced Concrete Frame
- Architectural Design: Geyran Architecture Workshop Ltd. Co.
- Structural Design: Timka MÜH. İNŞ. TİC. VE SAN. LTD. ŞTİ.
- Electrical Design: ERK PROJE MÜH. DAN. VE TİC. LTD. ŞTİ.