Archive for the ‘Hostel’ Category
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: META-Project
New Youth Commune, a mixed youth community, located on the edge of Vanke Songhua Lake Resort and bordering natural villages, contains 800 people with the upper space for Vanke staff, the middle rented to self-employed town people and the ground facilitating camping students while open to villagers.
Mountain view from the north side, Image Courtesy © Fang Chun，Chen Su
- Architects: META-Project
- Project: New Youth Commune
- Location: Ji Lin, Songhua Lake, China
- Photography: Fang Chun, Chen Su, Cao Shibiao
- Client: Vanke Songhua Lake Resort
- Design Team: Wang Shuo，Zhang Jing， Cao Shibiao， Lan Tian，Wu Yaping，Zhao Yu
- Lighting Consultant: Han Xiaowei
- Area: 10, 000 sqm
- Date: Design 2014／12；Complete 2015／12
- Status: Construction Complete
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017
Article source: Adalberto Dias, Arquitecto Lda.
It is located in the expansion area of the University of Aveiro, in Agra do Crasto, a territory of salines, with an open orthogonal grid, in which preference in the urban rule and the boundaries between built space and empty space and the network of relationships that the system provides, wich in built system.
Image Courtesy © FG + SG Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: Adalberto Dias, Arquitecto Lda.
- Project: Student Residence
- Location: Agra do Castro, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
- Photography: FG + SG Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Client: University of Aveiro
- Authors: Adalberto Dias
- Team: Ana Costa, Armênio Teixeira, Ana Claudia Monteiro, Nuno Rocha
- Structures: António Dinis
- Electricity and Telecommunications: Jorge Malta
- Water and Sanitation: José Ramos
- Builder: Casais, SA
- Total built area (m2): 6045 m2
- Year of completion: 2011
Thursday, November 10th, 2016
Article source: AIDA ATELIER, Inc.
UNPLAN Kagurazaka is a newly opened hostel in central Tokyo, built to accommodate various guests such as international backpackers and domestic business travellers. The hostel houses 78 bunker styled beds and three fully enclosed rooms along with an open lounge and other supporting functions.
Image Courtesy © Tatsuya Noaki
- Architects: AIDA ATELIER, Inc. (Tomoro Aida)
- Project: UNPLAN Kagurazaka
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Tatsuya Noaki
- Client: FIKA
- Interior: Benefit Line
- Bunk beds: Aoki Kagu Atelier
- MEP Engineer: RS Setsubi Kikaku
- Lighting Design: Izumi Okayasu Lighting Design
- Textile Design: Yoko Ando Design
- Sign Graphic: INSENSE
- Plants: Kojien
- Site Area: 359.78m2
- Building Area: 202.65m2
- Total Floor Area: 570.57m2(F1: 199.50m2 / F2: 199.50m2 / F3: 171.57m2)
- Terrace Area: 137.50m2 (F1: 11.92m2 / F3: 27.93m2 / Roof: 97.65m2)
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Article source: Ministry of Design
Client’s Design Brief
“The inspiration behind COO is the emergence of millennial travellers who are willing to take the road less travelled. To them, travelling is no longer a leisure pursuit alone, but an opportunity to gain local insights and garner authentic experiences. We want COO to be a home-grown brand with a regional reach and grounded with Asian sensibilities….” says Silas Lee, Founder of COO.
Image Courtesy © Edward Hendricks (CI&A Photography)
- Architects: Ministry of Design (Colin Seah, Patricia Segado, Richard Herman, Norberto Olegario, Rais Rahman, Sandra Goh, Angie Ng, Madeline Lim, Anna Langier)
- Project: COO: Singapore’s first Sociatel
- Location: 259 Outram Rd, Singapore 169056
- Photography: Edward Hendricks (CI&A Photography)
- Software used: Sketches, Sketch up, Auto cad and Photoshop
- Client / Owner: Flying Potato Group Pte. Ltd.
- Main Contractor: Alric
- Land area: 188 sqm
- Built in GFA: Total GFA: 752 sqm
Friday, October 21st, 2016
Article source: Weston Williamson+Partners
Chapter Lewisham, a distinctive ‘boutique’ concept of student accommodation, part of Lewisham Council’s town centre regeneration plan, opened its doors to students late last week.
Weston Williamson+Partners, working with building contractor Tide, used the latest technologies in prefabricated module building, by Vision Modular Designs, to deliver one of the largest and most creative modern student accommodations to date.
Image Courtesy © Nick Guttridge
- Architects: Weston Williamson+Partners
- Project: Modular Student Accommodation
- Location: Lewisham, Oregon, USA
- Photography: Nick Guttridge
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Sunshine PR
The project is located in Pingtian village, Sidu Township, Songyang County, Lishui city, Zhejiang Province. The original building was an ordinary rammed earth dwelling with two floors in civil structure, covering a total of 270 square meters. People generally call the place “Papa’s Home” since it belonged to the owner, the elderly Jiang Binlong. The goal of design is to renovate it into a place with new functions and spaces. We decided to put papa’s home with a young face — transforming it into a youth hostel with international standard after discussions with the owners and the local government.
The ground floor provides the young people with communication space, Image Courtesy © He Wei, Chen Long
- Architects: He Wei Studio／3andwich design (He Wei)
- Project: Papa’s hostel
- Location: Pingtian Village, Sidu Township,Songyang County, Lishui City, Zhejiang Province, China
- Photography: He Wei, Chen Long
- Client: Jiang Bin-Long (a local villager from Pingtian village)
- Architectural design team: Chen Long, Li Qiang, Chen Huang-Jie, Cheuk Chun-Yung
- Architectural design company: He Wei Studio／3andwich design
- Lighting design team: Zhang Xin, Han Xiao-Wei, ZhouXuan-Yu
- Cost of Construction: RMB 200, 000
- Area: 270 square meters
- Design year: 2014 – 2015
- Completion time: 2015.09
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: CAO PU STUDIO
Nowadays in Beijing’s hutong, most of the courtyards properties are divided up into mix occupants instead of one big family. Everyone is trying to occupy more space, thus the shared communal space in the middle has shrink down to one walking aisle. The yard was already taken up by small constructions built by the neighbors, bicycle parking and piles of junk, leaving a tiny space barely to walk through. This is a very common situation of the living environment in Beijing’s Hutong yard.
Image Courtesy © Cao Youtao
- Architects: CAO PU STUDIO
- Project: Humble Hostel
- Location: Dashilar, Beijing, China
- Photography: Cao Youtao
Tuesday, July 12th, 2016
Article source: Chartier Dalix Architectes
The Moulin Junior High School is located in the southern area of Lille, in a neighborhood that has undergone major transformations in recent decades. Mainly occupied by a population of workers, this neighborhood possesses an urban fabric that is still largely one of brick buildings, factories and buildings related to freight whose renovation has spurred a renewal of the entire neighborhood (as illustrated in reconversion of the Saint-Sauveur train station for example).
Image Courtesy © Takuji Shimmura
- Architects: Chartier Dalix Architectes
- Project: Junior High School, Boarding School, Sports Complex For The Disabled And Cultural Center
- Location: Lille, France
- Photography: Takuji Shimmura
- Client: General Council – Département du Nord, city of Lille
- General contractor: Chartier Dalix architects, AvantPropos architects
- Bet: HDM engineering [fluids, structure], ACT environment [HQE] Becquart [eco], Flandres analyses [acoustics] KVDS [landscape]
- Hqe: Junior High School: certified by Certivea, 3 TP targets and 6 P targets, Gymnasium: certified HQE
- Cost: €21m excl. VAT
- Surface: 13,853 m² Adjusted gross floor area
- Calendar: Delivered end 2015
Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
Article source: Richard Middleton Architects (RMA)
RMIT Bundoora features some great common areas with a resident lounge with TV, pool table, and table tennis; a gourmet kitchen with dining tables and chairs; two themed game zones: The Den and The Deck; learning spaces with project rooms and video conferencing; dedicated postgraduate club-style lounge area; and an outdoor terrace with BBQ.
Image Courtesy © Dianna Snape
- Architects: Richard Middleton Architects (RMA)
- Project: RMIT Bundoora West Student Accommodation
- Location: McKimmies Road, Bundoora Victoria Australia 3083
- Photography: Dianna Snape
- Software Used: AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite
- Client: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Project Manager: DCWC
- Structural & Civil Engineer : Bonacci Group
- Building Surveyor: PLP
- About the Building: 372 beds, 174 single bedroom apartments, 3 x 3 bedroom apartments, 45 x 4 bedroom apartments, 9 Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant beds
- Budget: $52.5 million (Australian dollars)
- Start Date: February 2014
- Completion Date: February 2016
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: Metalik d.o.o.
Production, transportation, and installation of best quality continuous glass façade, steel substructures, aluminium windows, aluminium doors, and Alucobond.
Massimo Hostel, a building from the range of services of the company Metalik d.o.o.
Image Courtesy © Metalik d.o.o.
- Architects: Metalik d.o.o.
- Project: Massimo Hostel
- Location: Kanton Sarajevo
- Year: 2013