Archive for the ‘Hostel’ Category
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: CAO PU STUDIO
Nowadays in Beijing’s hutong, most of the courtyards properties are divided up into mix occupants instead of one big family. Everyone is trying to occupy more space, thus the shared communal space in the middle has shrink down to one walking aisle. The yard was already taken up by small constructions built by the neighbors, bicycle parking and piles of junk, leaving a tiny space barely to walk through. This is a very common situation of the living environment in Beijing’s Hutong yard.
Image Courtesy © Cao Youtao
- Architects: CAO PU STUDIO
- Project: Humble Hostel
- Location: Dashilar, Beijing, China
- Photography: Cao Youtao
Tuesday, July 12th, 2016
Article source: Chartier Dalix Architectes
The Moulin Junior High School is located in the southern area of Lille, in a neighborhood that has undergone major transformations in recent decades. Mainly occupied by a population of workers, this neighborhood possesses an urban fabric that is still largely one of brick buildings, factories and buildings related to freight whose renovation has spurred a renewal of the entire neighborhood (as illustrated in reconversion of the Saint-Sauveur train station for example).
Image Courtesy © Takuji Shimmura
- Architects: Chartier Dalix Architectes
- Project: Junior High School, Boarding School, Sports Complex For The Disabled And Cultural Center
- Location: Lille, France
- Photography: Takuji Shimmura
- Client: General Council – Département du Nord, city of Lille
- General contractor: Chartier Dalix architects, AvantPropos architects
- Bet: HDM engineering [fluids, structure], ACT environment [HQE] Becquart [eco], Flandres analyses [acoustics] KVDS [landscape]
- Hqe: Junior High School: certified by Certivea, 3 TP targets and 6 P targets, Gymnasium: certified HQE
- Cost: €21m excl. VAT
- Surface: 13,853 m² Adjusted gross floor area
- Calendar: Delivered end 2015
Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
Article source: Richard Middleton Architects (RMA)
RMIT Bundoora features some great common areas with a resident lounge with TV, pool table, and table tennis; a gourmet kitchen with dining tables and chairs; two themed game zones: The Den and The Deck; learning spaces with project rooms and video conferencing; dedicated postgraduate club-style lounge area; and an outdoor terrace with BBQ.
Image Courtesy © Dianna Snape
- Architects: Richard Middleton Architects (RMA)
- Project: RMIT Bundoora West Student Accommodation
- Location: McKimmies Road, Bundoora Victoria Australia 3083
- Photography: Dianna Snape
- Software Used: AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite
- Client: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Project Manager: DCWC
- Structural & Civil Engineer : Bonacci Group
- Building Surveyor: PLP
- About the Building: 372 beds, 174 single bedroom apartments, 3 x 3 bedroom apartments, 45 x 4 bedroom apartments, 9 Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant beds
- Budget: $52.5 million (Australian dollars)
- Start Date: February 2014
- Completion Date: February 2016
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: Metalik d.o.o.
Production, transportation, and installation of best quality continuous glass façade, steel substructures, aluminium windows, aluminium doors, and Alucobond.
Massimo Hostel, a building from the range of services of the company Metalik d.o.o.
Image Courtesy © Metalik d.o.o.
- Architects: Metalik d.o.o.
- Project: Massimo Hostel
- Location: Kanton Sarajevo
- Year: 2013
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Article source: rue royale architectes
“Rooms with a view”, evokes not only the film of the same name, but also the magic of a domestic, landscaped setting. It is in this poetic, yet functional, spirit that the architects imagined their project for the LEGTA (Agricultural Technological and General High School) boarding house in Saint-Genis Laval.
Image Courtesy © Studio Erick Saillet
- Architects: rue royale architectes
- Project: Rooms with a view
- Location: Agricultural Technological and General André Paillot High School (LEGTA) in Saint-Genis Laval (69), Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, Frence
- Photography: Studio Erick Saillet
- Client: Region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, Real Branch High Schools Rhône Territorial Unit West
- User: LEGTA ,High School General Education and Agricultural Technology
- Landscaping: Autre nature
- Total costs: €4,017,500 ex. VAT
- Gross floor area: 2,014 m2
- Useable surface area: 1,695 m2
- Competition: 2010
- Delivery: July 2015
Saturday, April 16th, 2016
Article source: Steinberg
The recently renovated Hitch Student Residences, located on the northwest edge of campus, is a complex of four three-story residential buildings organized around a series of courtyards and a new commons building with shared amenities and meeting spaces. The renovation project was conceived to address accessibility and life-safety deficiencies, including seismic strengthening of the existing structures and inclusion of fire protection systems. The project also provided the opportunity to update the exterior image and energy performance of the buildings by providing a new “skin” as well as updating the interior spaces with new finishes. The existing outdated commons building was replaced with a new building that provides support functions for the Hitch community including study areas, offices, laundry facilities, vending, and a multipurpose space that includes a display kitchen.
Image Courtesy © Steinberg
- Architects: Steinberg
- Project: University of California, Los Angeles, Hitch Student Residences
- Location: California, Los Angeles, USA
- Program: Student Housing, Commons Amenities/Service Building
- Amenities: Commons, Courtyard, Recreation spaces, Study Space, Student Lounge, Community Kitchen
- Services: Programming, Planning, Design through Construction, Sustainability
- Awards: 2015 Los Angeles Business Council Award; 2014 CISCA Construction Excellence Awards, Gold (Ceilings, West Region)
- Sustainability: LEED Platinum Certified (2015) for Commons Building
- Project Delivery Method: Design-Bid-Build
- Size: 77,500 SF
- Completed: 2014
Thursday, March 10th, 2016
Article source: JDS/JULIEN DE SMEDT ARCHITECTS
The competition for a new mixed-use building in Lille piqued our interest both in its unprecedented mixture of program and its prominent triangular site in the heart of the new district of Porte de Valenciennes. The brief outlined a 70-cradle nursery, a 200-bed youth hostel, and an office dedicated to social and economic innovations all collected under one unified roof; a tall order even by multifunctional building standards. Rather than simply dividing horizontally by level or vertically by mass, our solution combines efficient organization with a programmatic strategy that converts the geometric constrictions of the site into social amenities, and resolves the seemingly contradictory functions in an intertwined social spiral.
Image Courtesy © Julien Lanoo
- Architects: JDS/JULIEN DE SMEDT ARCHITECTS
- Project: Maison Stephane Hessel
- Location: Lille, France
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Client: SAEM Euralille
- Budget: 12.150.000 EUR
- Size: 6.980 m2
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: bob-architektur BDA
The plot, with a size from around 473 m², is situated in the center of Kamp Lintfort at the corner Ringstraße-Friedrichstraße, enclosed between the shopping mall EK3 and the the new university Rhein-Waal. Due to the development of this campus, the student house does perfectly fit into the new arranged ensemble.
Image Courtesy © bob-architektur BDA
- Architects: bob-architektur BDA
- Project: Coronet, student residence
- Location: Friedrichrichstraße 6a/b, 47475 Kamp-Lintfort, Germany
- Building owner: Grafschaft-Moers
- Effective area: 1245 m²
- Construction time: 2012 – 2015
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Article source: Personal Architecture BNA
On December 3rd, the Dutch hostel chain ‘Stayokay’ opened the doors of their newest hostel development – a combination renovation and new construction set in the woodlands of Bergen op Zoom in the Netherlands. The centre piece of the project is a new multifunctional ‘Main Building’ where the hostel’s café and meeting spaces are located. These spaces are shared with two other recreational facilities that are housed under the same roof. On the first floor, the building facilitates the ‘Natuurpodium’, an education centre focused on the sustainable development of the Brabantse Wal. The building is also home to the ‘Klimbos’, an adventurous climbing route through the impressive trees of the surrounding forest.
Image Courtesy © Ossip
- Architects: Personal Architecture BNA
- Project: RECREATION AND EDUCATION IN NATURE – NEWLY REALIZED STAYOKAY HOSTEL
- Location: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: SEHW Architecture
The Campus of the technical university is located on the premises of a former railway engine plant. In line with a large building project and competition in 2006, SEHW Architecture has carried out the campus extension.
The competition comprised the urban planning and implementation of a functional building, a lecture hall centre and student hostel for 200 students.
Image Courtesy © Verfgungsgebude
- Architects: SEHW Architecture
- Project: Campus der TH Wildau
- Location: Wildau, Germany
- Photography: Hrsaalzentrum, Verfgungsgebude