Archive for the ‘House for disabled’ Category
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016
Article source: AZC Architectes
An urban health center, for the autonomy and involvement of people with disabilities in the city of Paris.
This project provides sheltered housing for frail, elderly residents with a variety of disabilities. The building comprises individual studio apartments, communal areas and medical consultation rooms for residents and out-patients.
To understand the project one must understand the history of the site at 232 Rue de Charenton in south-eastern Paris, along the side of which runs a passage that can be found on city plans as far back as 1789, at which time it led to cultivated fields. Fraught with real-estate related tension due to the complex planning laws in Paris and the Bercy neighbourhood, the project took seven years to see the light of day.
Image Courtesy © AZC Architectes
- Architects: AZC Architectes (Grégoire Zündel, Irina Cristea, architects ; Stefano Lunardi and Valentine Jamet, project managers)
- Project: Résidence Planchette
- Location: Paris, France
- Client: Elogie
- Partners: OTE Ingénierie
- Size: 2250 m2
- Year: 2015
- Satus: Completed
Friday, July 22nd, 2016
Article source: MARGOT-DUCLOT Architectes Associés
The project on the city-block E2 appears as a singular and unique object; It signals the idea of a renewal of the main entry point to this neighborhood. This is why the architects chose to experiment with the implementation of two quality materials that are both complementary and opposites: brick for its domestic thickness and for its strong reference to the ground and to neighboring red brick façades; lacquered metal used for the lightness of this material and because it discretely hints at the comfort of the housing units and the use of balconies, while still avoiding their exposure to viewers from the street.
Image Courtesy © 11H45
- Architects: MARGOT-DUCLOT Architectes Associés
- Project: 68 Social Rental Housing Units, 1 Residence For Physically Disabled Persons
- Location: Avenue de la Concorde, ZAC de la Croix-blanche, lot 2E – Vigneux sur seine 91270, France
- Photography: 11H45
- Client: Immobilière 3F
- General contractor: Margot-Duclot architectes associés
- Project manager: Emmanuel Dequidt
- Interior design: Margot-Duclot architectes associés
- Landscape architect: ERA paysagistes
- General construction company: BAGOT SAS
- Net floor area: Housing units: 4870 m² / Residence: 892 m²
- Cost: €10.8m excluding VAT
- Competition: June 2012
- Construction time: 22 months
- Delivery: May 2016
Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Article source: Patrick T I G H E Architecture
The La Brea mixed-use affordable housing project for people living with disabilities is a 50,000 sq ft building for the City of West Hollywood. The building maximizes density while allowing for ample outdoor space. 32 apartments are arranged around a shared exterior courtyard. Parking is provided at grade and commercial space is present along La Brea Avenue. The Southwest corner is expressed as a beacon of activity and houses the circulation and other shared amenities for the residents.
Image Courtesy © Bran Arifin
- Architects: Patrick T I G H E Architecture
- Project: La Brea Affordable Housing
- Location: West Hollywood, California, US
- Photography: Art Gray Photography, Bran Arifin, Kervin Lau
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
Article source: b-arch
When we think of Italy many images are called back to our minds; generally speaking it’s about idyllic places, deeply viewed in a historical perspective, city palaces or country farmsteads that are vanishing under the spreading standardization of the “pre-packaged” house imposed by the building market.
Image Courtesy b-arch
- Architects: b-arch
- Project: Palazzo Orlandi
- Location: Tuscany, Italy
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012
Article source: Josef Weichenberger architects + Partner
In the heart of Vienna’s 11th district, on a lot densely vegetated by an old tree population, a new game-changing geriatrics center was to be realized.
High-quality dwelling for care-dependent senior citizens in the comforting atmosphere of a green oasis – rather then the common, sterile, hospital-style atmosphere of geriatrics centers as they used to be.
Image Courtesy Josef Weichenberger architects + Partner
- Architects: Josef Weichenberger architects + Partner
- Project: GZS – Pflegewohnhaus Simmering
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Software used: Don´t use programs to design the projects. This design is the result of models and sketches. To build this project AutoCAD LT was used.
Tuesday, May 15th, 2012
Article source: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
KKA has designed a new group-home for six young disabled persons situated in the rural town of Vetlanda. The dwellers expressed a strong wish for the building not to have the appearance of a large complex but rather to relate to the scale of surrounding villas and farmhouses. Therefore we designed each dwelling with its own pitched roof. The houses are gathered around a common dining room. Much effort was put in to design the homes to suit the users´ specific needs of universal design.
Image Courtesy KKA
- Architects: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Project: Vetlanda Group-Home
- Location: Vetlanda, Sweden
- Client: Vetlanda Municipality
- Type: Disabled Persons Home, in Swedish: “Enskillt boende”
- Stage: Under construction
- Year: 2011
- Team: Joakim Kaminsky,Maria Martinez,Pamela Paredes,Fredrik Kjellgren,Johan Brandström, Josefina Högberg
Sunday, March 11th, 2012
Article source: Ignatov Architects
The Conservatory House is a place for relaxation through enjoyment of natural serenity and arts. The brief called for a custom, green, accessible for the disabled residence with large flower conservatory suitable for hosting music performances. Inspired by local trees the new structure fills a void from an old sand quarry pit, reinforces the terrain around it and branches out to accommodate the program. Conservatory music room is placed on top of the residence for catching maximum sunlight and views, becoming its most prominent feature.
Image Courtesy Borislav Ignatov