Archive for the ‘Living Area’ Category
Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Article source: Caramel Architekten
Because of specific composition of the newest project „mill24“ by caramel architects, the urban recompaction, implemented by an expansion of the roof of an early days house, can hardly be noticed from the street area.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: Caramel Architekten
- Project: Mill24
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
- Living area: 172,29 m²
- Terraces: 71,96 m²
- Start of Design Process: 11/2012
- Start of Construction: 02/2015
- Completion: 08/2016
Friday, April 21st, 2017
Article source: Superimpose
Inside the rural Tai Yang Valley, West of Hangzhou, the Sun Commune is a local initiative raising awareness of sustainable farming and promoting healthy living and outdoor activities for the increasing urbanization of China.
Within the sun commune, Superimpose Architecture Studio designed MICR-O to be a learning platform for city dwellers.
Image Courtesy © Marc Goodwin
- Architects: Superimpose (Carolyn Leung, Ben de Lange, Ruben Bergambagt, Mika Woll)
- Project: Micr-O
- Location: Tai Yang Valley, Sun Commune, Lin’an, Hangzhou, China
- Photography: Marc Goodwin
- Software used: Rhino, Grasshopper and Bentley Microstation
- Client: Sun Commune
- Site Area: 2800 sqm
- GFA: 243 sqm
Sunday, April 9th, 2017
Article source: BoysPlayNice
Black flying house hovers under the arch of the old railway bridge. Attracts attention, entices you to visit and raises questions. Black flying house is an installation which is composed of a living room with a stove and a sleeping loft. The object is suspended by steel cables. The installation includes also a ladder that is hidden nearby. It’s a bit of a conundrum that encourages passers-by to think. Its archetypal depiction adds the mysterious atmosphere of the military complex. This area is located just 15 minutes walking from the city centre of town Pardubice, Czech Republic. The formal solution is succinct. The resulting picture almost picturesque.
Image Courtesy © BoysPlayNice / Martin Tůma and Jakub Skokan
- Architects: H3T Architekti
- Project: Black Flying House
- Location: Eastern Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
- Photography: BoysPlayNice / Martin Tůma and Jakub Skokan
- Area: 4,25 sqm
- Project Year: 2016
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: Díaz y Díaz Arquitectos
Family house on ground floor in the town of Oleiros, implanted on the ground, considering the starting term of the plot of land, understanding the site and looking for the best orientation.
The plot of land has an irregular floor and a light slope to its interior, with an access in the East side from the main road and the garage, facilitating both wheeled access to the garage and pedestrian access to the interior The access from the main road is performed through the link between the home area of the house.
Image Courtesy © Díaz y Díaz Arquitectos
- Architects: Díaz y Díaz Arquitectos (Lucas Díaz Sierra, Gustavo Díaz García)
- Project: Family house in Rua da Proba
- Location: Oleiros, A Coruña, Galicia, Spain
- Renders: Tungsteno Grafismo
- Client: Privado
- Date: 2016
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: NOMAA_MARC YOUNAN ARCHITECTES
The project involves the conversion of an industrial building dating from the 19th century into 85 units of social housing, and a nursery with space for 40 cribs, as well as a commercial space and a parking garage. The existing building, which has served a series of varied activities – first as a dairy, then for food processing industries, followed by maintenance workshops and a printing business – was built on a trapezius plan around a courtyard covered with an industrial glass roof sheltering delivery docks.
Image Courtesy © Daniel Moulinet
- Architects: NOMAA_MARC YOUNAN ARCHITECTES (Eddy Vahanian)
- Project: Urban Repurposing of a former dairy
- Location: 13-19 boulevard Ornano, 75018 Paris, France
- Photography: Daniel Moulinet Photographe
- Project owner: Linkcity pour Paris habitat
- BET TCE: Groupe Nox (feasibility study, design and supervision of the engineering trades, contract management for the site)
- General contractor: Brezillon
- Surface area: 9 300 m²
- Cost: 13.5 M€ excluding VAT
Calendar: Delivered in December 2016
Thursday, March 2nd, 2017
Article source: Diego Revollo Arquitetura
This 100 m2 Loft with structure and apparent installations is located in the noble neighborhood of Morumbi, in São Paulo.
Although the aesthetic appeal of New York sheds converted into housing in the 1970s is the main justification for the male audience in explaining their desire for this style of property, Diego Revollo, who is knowledgeable about this repertoire and with some other lofts in his portfolio, knows that this profile prioritizes good materials and functionality.
Image Courtesy © Alain Brugier
- Architects: Diego Revollo Arquitetura
- Project: Industrial Loft II
- Location: Morumbi, São Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Alain Brugier
- Software used: Autocad
Thursday, March 2nd, 2017
Article source: i29 interior architects
In a former warehouse, i29 realized this 600 m2 house including 3 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms and a large open living area. A simple material palette of concrete, white walls and rough oak wood matches the industrial space. Custom designed cabinets throughout the house function as both storage as well as separation walls.
Image Courtesy © i29 interior architects
- Architects: i29 interior architects
- Project: Home 12
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Contractor: Kemmink Joosten
- Cabinet maker: Kooijmans interiors
- Materials: concrete, rough oak wood, white plaster, black steel
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017
Article source: Aresto Arquitetura
Located in the city of Jundiaí, the residence designed with the purpose of sale, had as a goal the optimization of the cost and the time of execution of the construction.
The unusual height of 3.80 meters from the ground floor brings comfort to the social areas. A large skylight over the wooden staircase complements the natural light from the ground floor and offers lighting to the rooms.
Image Courtesy © Luciana Villaça
- Architects: Aresto Arquitetura (Danillo Mazzani)
- Project: The Jundiaí House
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Luciana Villaça
- Interior square meters: 283 sq. meters
- Completion Date: 2010
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017
Article source: GAO architects
Reconstruction of the interior of a house in Domžale, Slovenia
The house in Domžale was originally built in the 90’s. Therefore the interior before the renovation reflected trends of that era. The lifestyle and design guidelines have changed a lot since then and the clients felt the urge to make functional and aesthetic changes.
Image Courtesy © Miran Kambič
- Architects: GAO architects
- Project: White paradise
- Location: Domžale, Slovenia
- Photography: Miran Kambič