Archive for the ‘Living Area’ Category
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: Equipe Lamas
The architecture of the House 28 is an extension of the arid and lush landscape from the Cerrado Biome. A family that sought tranquility and connection with nature commissioned this urban refuge located 10 minutes away from the national congress of Brasilia.
The area of 7000 m2 enabled to spread 850m2 of construction on the ground. Gardens permeate the volumetry and generous windows of wood and glass connect the interior to the landscape.
Image Courtesy © Haruo Mikami
- Architects: Equipe Lamas
- Project: House 28
- Location: SMDB conjunto 28 Lago sul, Brasília DF, Brasil
- Photography: Haruo Mikami
- Engineering and incorporation: Ruy Lamas
- Architect Responsible: Samuel Lamas
- Team: Samuel Lamas, Ruy Lamas, Anderson Magallães
- Area (m2): 850m2
- Year of conclusion: 2016
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
Article source: justin mallia architecture
Oak Grove is a development driven venture. Between a detailed client brief laden with ideas about visual style, and the site located in the eclectic suburban context of East Malvern, the architecture negotiates a meaningful contemporary response within highly saturated physical and conceptual parameters.
Image Courtesy © justin mallia architecture
- Architects: justin mallia architecture
- Project: Oak Grove
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Project size: 485 m2
- Design time: 12 months
- Construction time: 12 months
- Completion date: Oct 2015
Thursday, August 13th, 2015
Article source: Satoshi Kurosaki
A couple who works for foreign affiliates newly bought a site in a quiet residential area, with a desire for a house that enables living in coexistence with the art collection of the husband, who is a collector of modern art, and his beloved car.
Image Courtesy © Masao Nishikawa
- Architects: Satoshi Kurosaki
- Project: GRIGIO
- Location: Setagaya ward, Tokyo
- Photography: Masao Nishikawa, A N mikaninagawa
- Date of Completion : March 2015
- Principal Use : Private housing
- Structure : Reinforced Concrete
- Site Area: 155.99 m²
- Total Floor Area : 144.56 m² (49.62m²/B1F, 36.48 m²/1F,58.46 m²/2F)
- Design Period : March 2012 – February 2013 (more…)
Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Article source: VIPP
Vipp is up-scaling its classic accessories and recent kitchen and bathroom modules to build shelters. The driving ambition of the Danish company means that you can now match your kitchen and its accessories to your nature retreat. The result is a modern escape, powerful in its simplicity yet packed with exquisitely conceived details.
Image Courtesy © Vipp
Project: Vipp seeks shelter (more…)
Saturday, March 21st, 2015
Article source: BUREAUA A
A unique moment in history occurred in Switzerland in the first decades of the 20th century. Following a larger search for utopia enhanced by the industrial revolution, a fantastic creative community gathered on the hills of Monte Verità in the Ticino region.
Image Courtesy © Dorothée Thébert & BUREAU A
- Architects: BUREAUA A
- Project: MONTE VERITA
- Location: Switzerland
- Photography: Dorothée Thébert & BUREAU A
- Software used: AutoCAD
- A play by:Dorothée Thébert & Filippo Filliger, Cédric Djedje, Marion Duval, Lola Riccaboni et Valerio Scamuffa
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Article source: Martien ter Veen
Klaverweide is a housing project for children with mental or physical disabilities. Located in the heart of De Draai, a new district in Heerhugowaard, the small-scale architecture with its bricks and tiles matches the surrounding buildings. The open and accessible atmosphere makes the kids integrate in the neighbourhood.
Image Courtesy © Luuk Kramer
Friday, November 8th, 2013
Article source: HPSA
The building is situated in the north of Austria, in the middle of an isolated narrow valley. The Shape of the ground plan is influenced by the regional building regulations and the existing slope. Moreover the design follows natural limitation given by the adjacent river.
Image Courtesy © HPSA
- Architects: HPSA
- Project: Stoaninger Mühlviertel Destillation
- Location: North of Austria
Friday, August 30th, 2013
Article source: ultramarino | marlene uldschmidt arquitects
Our studio were excited to take on such an interesting project in the Fishing Village of Ferragudo, Portugal. The historic center of Ferragudo is an extremely sensitive area to work in and we believed that our intervention should be balanced harmonious and above all integrate with the surrounding architecture and history.
The studio decided to explore the concept of “LIVING BEHIND THE WALL” !
Image Courtesy © FG+SG
- Architects: ultramarino | marlene uldschmidt arquitects
- Project: Casa 103 – “LIVING BEHIND THE WALL”
- Location: Ferragudo, Algarve, Portugal
- Photography: FG+SG
- Collaborating: Maurícia Bento, Arq.ª
- Area: 230 m2
- Year: 2010-2013
- Structure: Protecna Engineering Team
- Carpentry: equipa quatro comercia e construções lda.
- Software used: AutoCad LT 2011
Thursday, July 25th, 2013
Article source: CRAFT Arquitectos
The proposed concept is based on the intention of generating modules 15 m² where they develop each of the areas of architectural and which are generated by open and continuous spaces. These modules provide the ability to adapt to each family home as needed, with the ability to extend in a clean, orderly and low operating cost.
Image Courtesy © CRAFT Arquitectos
- Architects: CRAFT Arquitectos
- Project: ATZ Living
- Location: Atizapán de Zaragoza, Mexico
- Contributors: Arq. Alan Rahmane Azar, Arq. Michelle Cadena Chenge, Arq. Gerardo Gutiérrez, Arq. Mario Godínez, Lic. Jonathan Askenazi
- Land: 140 m²
- Built: 200 m²
- Year: 2009
Friday, July 12th, 2013
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
Design that facilitates moments of relaxation with the family.
Honorary mention Architectural Prize Koksijde – category Familiy houses.
The plot is located in a characteristic coastal neighbourhood in the dunes. The main typology here consists of detached houses. There are still a few typical fishermen’s cottages from the beginning of the last century left.
Image Courtesy © Siska Vandecasteele
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: SUMMER HOUSE V AT K
- Location: Koksijde, Belgium
- Photography: Siska Vandecasteele