Archive for the ‘Industrial’ Category
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Article source: Studio Ardete
The unusual brief for the project required two buildings, a furniture factory and display center and an adjacent building, both owned by the client, to be visually connected so as to provide a united front to the viewer.
Image Courtesy © Mr Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Architects: Studio Ardete
- Project: MARTIN’S
- Location: Industrial area Panchkula, Haryana, INDIA
- Photography: Mr Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Principal designer: Ar.Badrinath Kaleru
- Design Team: Ar.Prerna Kaleru,Ar Sanchit Dhiman,Ar Anusha Sharma
- Area: 5150sqft
- Completion: 2015
Thursday, March 31st, 2016
Article source: nicolagdesign
The Birrificio di Legnano regeneration project by Nicola Ghilardi (www.nicolagdesign.it), young Architect from the same town specialized in business premises design and realisation, is a careful design based upon chromatic sensitivity with a mindful awareness to finding the right balance between the old and the new.
Image Courtesy © nicolagdesign
- Architects: nicolagdesign
- Project: Birrificio di Legnano
- Location: Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, 130, 20025 Legnano, Milano, Italy
Wednesday, March 30th, 2016
Article source: Smith Consulting Architects
Smith Consulting Architects, a San Diego-based full-service design firm, has completed the site planning, shell redesign and interior design for the new Petco San Diego National Support Center, located at 10850 Via Frontera in the Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego.
Image Courtesy © Smith Consulting Architects
Friday, March 18th, 2016
Article source: JHK Architecten
The offshore engineering company GustoMSC moved into the ‘Timmerfabriek’; a distinctive industrial building that was originally constructed in 1948 at the former terrain of the Wilton Fijenoord dock in Schiedam. JHK architecten worked in close collaboration with GustoMSC and ABT on the transformation and transfiguration of the 9.500 m2 building, in order to achieve a design that fits both with the needs of the new user and the preconditions imposed by the existing building.
Image Courtesy © Marcel van der Burg
- Architects: JHK Architecten
- Project: GustoMSC Schiedam
- Location: Karel Doormanweg 35, Schiedam, Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel van der Burg
- Client: GustoMSC
- Project management / technical consulting: ABT
- Financial consulting: ABT
- Main contractor: v.d. Tempel Bouw & Ontwikkeling
- Gross Floor area: ca. 9.500m²
- Project start: 2014
- Completion: 2015
Friday, March 11th, 2016
Article source: Studio Macola
The project is part of a plan to revitalise a former industrial site, “the Conterie” ( small beads), on the island of Murano. Also known as the island of glass, Murano forms part of the Venetian lagoon. The Conterie were a two-hectare-wide industrial complex located in the heart of Murano. Brought into being between the end of the 18th century and the first half of 19th century, the Conterie’s zenith dates to the second half of the 19th century, when the complex achieved its maximum industrial output. Decline, on the other hand, kicked in in the 1970s, and the factory was finally closed down in 1993. Two years later the complex was acquired by the Municipality of Venice. This decision was taken because the former industrial site was deemed to offer significant urban development opportunities on account of its extent, location and the variety of building which makes it up. Many of the latter, it must be added, were in a particularly poor state of conservation.
Image Courtesy © M. Zanta
- Architects: Studio Macola
- Project: The Conterie
- Location: Murano, Venezia, Italy
- Photography: M. Zanta
- Client: Comune di Venezia – Insula S.p.a.
- Project manager: M. Negro – Insula S.p.a.
- Structural engineer: L. Rota with G. Di Mento
- Mechanical engineer: R. Bonacina
- Electrical engineer: D. Colpo
- Covering and roofing in titanium zinc: Zintek Srl
- Project Year: 1999-2015
Friday, January 15th, 2016
Article source: Tezuka Architects
An adaptive-reused project for a fishing port market place. Students used bicycle-drawn carts to collect more than 3000 donated items,from display pieces to furnishings and furniture. The intervention was little more than painting the building the color of Himi Black tiles.
Image Courtesy © Tezuka Architects
- Architects: Tezuka Architects
- Project: Tokomachi Industry and Crafts Center
- Location: Tokamachi, Japan
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: SEHW Architecture
The Campus of the technical university is located on the premises of a former railway engine plant. In line with a large building project and competition in 2006, SEHW Architecture has carried out the campus extension.
The competition comprised the urban planning and implementation of a functional building, a lecture hall centre and student hostel for 200 students.
Image Courtesy © Verfgungsgebude
- Architects: SEHW Architecture
- Project: Campus der TH Wildau
- Location: Wildau, Germany
- Photography: Hrsaalzentrum, Verfgungsgebude
Friday, November 20th, 2015
Article source: Agence Philippe Fichet
The structure of the accommodation of Chartres is composed of 80 small flats and located within the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) of the Eure-et-Loir department. It provides full service to students either on trainings or attending apprenticeships.
Image Courtesy © Agence Philippe Fichet
- Architects: Agence Philippe Fichet
- Project: Résidence étudiante à Chartres
- Location: Chartres, France
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
Saturday, November 14th, 2015
Article source: GCP Arquitetos
The architectural party adopted in the new Unilever Aguaí Site project, meets three important needs, typical of contemporary industrial compounds: flexibility, rationalization and sustainability, becoming a twenty first century industrial site model for Unilever.
Image Courtesy © GCP Arquitetos
- Architects: GCP Arquitetos
- Project: Unilever Aguaí
- Location: : Aguaí, São Paulo, Brazil
- Software used: AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Team: Sérgio Coelho (author), Daniel Mariano (co-author), Nilton Rossi, Gabriela Garcia, Dalmary Rubio, Babara Gasco, Marília Neves e Marysol Brito
- Project Coordination and Sustainability: Alessandra Araujo
- LEED Consultant: Cushmamn & Wakefield
- Site Area: Total: 980,000 sqm2 – Phase 1: 170,000 sqm2
- Built Area: 24,500 sqm2
- Year of the design: 2012/13
- Construction finished: 2015
Sunday, November 8th, 2015
Article source:[tp3] architekten
Housed in a former building yard the installation company was looking for a new location along S10. The architects, however, managed to convince the owner of the benefits of the existing site.
Image Courtesy © Kurt Hörbst
- Architects: [tp3] architekten
- Project: Industrial Building Thumfarth
- Location: Schlag bei Grünbach, Upper Austria
- Photography: Kurt Hörbst
- Software used: Archicad
- Planning: [tp3] architekten
- Year: 2014