Archive for the ‘Industrial’ Category
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
Article source: acla:works architects
The 50-acre estate owned by Fernandes Distillers Ltd, whose rum business was sold in 1973 to Angostura, world renown for its aromatic bitters, has been transformed initially into Fernandes Industrial Centre, but now gradually into its current incarnation, Fernandes Business Centre. It follows that there was an increased need for better eating facilities for its growing population of office workers. When the owners came to Trinidad-based architecture and interiors firm, acla:works to design a new food court building, they were delighted as they too would be benefit as their headquarters was also located there.
The entrance, Image Courtesy © Brian Lewis
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016
Article source: LΛTITUDE ARCHITECTURE
Transformation of an industrial building into a multifunctional space
At the beginning of 2016, BlueFocus Communication Group decided to develop a series of venues in multiple locations across Mainland China. The first was then established in Beijing, at the same location used for the Group’s Headquarters, a former Panasonic factory complex of recent renovation. Such a decision is an unmistakable reflection of the company’s priorities, to evolve in China from a manufacturing power into a creative force, under the leadership of its charismatic Chairman Mr. Zhao Wenquan.
Image Courtesy © Hector Peinador
- Architects: LΛTITUDE
- Project: MeePark
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Hector Peinador
- Client: BlueFocus Communication Group Co Ltd
- Principal Architect: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Team: Jorge Cortés de Castro, Andrea Ramos Rodriguez, Manuel Coves Botella, Maria Diaz Martin, Zhang Wen
- Program: 700m2
- Budget: 350,000€
- Year: 2016
- Status: Completed
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016
Article source: DX Arquitectos
The assignment was to place 2 prefabricated warehouses of 1000 m2 on a plot of 10000 m2, and design an office building of 500 m2 that would give the corporative image to the Licanray company.
The first decision was to concentrate the design and budget efforts into the office building and its showroom.
Image Courtesy © Pablo Blanco
- Architects: DX Arquitectos + DEL SANTE Arquitectos
- Project: Exportadora De Miel
- Location: Camino a chada, parcela 137, Paine,Región Metropolitana, Chile
- Photography: Pablo Blanco
- Client: Exportadora Licanray, Raimundo Garces y Luis Gallardo
- Design Team: German Rodríguez Olivos, Jose Luis del Sante
- Construction: D Constructora LTDA
- Constructor: Tecnolam
- Engineer: Mario Rojas
- Plot area: 12.475 m2
- Office area: 535 m2
- Warehouse area: 2.037 m2
- Project year: 2008-2009
- Construction year: 2009-2016
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Article source: Studio Ardete
The unusual brief for the project required two buildings, a furniture factory and display center and an adjacent building, both owned by the client, to be visually connected so as to provide a united front to the viewer.
Image Courtesy © Mr Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Architects: Studio Ardete
- Project: MARTIN’S
- Location: Industrial area Panchkula, Haryana, INDIA
- Photography: Mr Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Principal designer: Ar.Badrinath Kaleru
- Design Team: Ar.Prerna Kaleru,Ar Sanchit Dhiman,Ar Anusha Sharma
- Area: 5150sqft
- Completion: 2015
Thursday, March 31st, 2016
Article source: nicolagdesign
The Birrificio di Legnano regeneration project by Nicola Ghilardi (www.nicolagdesign.it), young Architect from the same town specialized in business premises design and realisation, is a careful design based upon chromatic sensitivity with a mindful awareness to finding the right balance between the old and the new.
Image Courtesy © nicolagdesign
- Architects: nicolagdesign
- Project: Birrificio di Legnano
- Location: Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, 130, 20025 Legnano, Milano, Italy
Wednesday, March 30th, 2016
Article source: Smith Consulting Architects
Smith Consulting Architects, a San Diego-based full-service design firm, has completed the site planning, shell redesign and interior design for the new Petco San Diego National Support Center, located at 10850 Via Frontera in the Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego.
Image Courtesy © Smith Consulting Architects
Friday, March 18th, 2016
Article source: JHK Architecten
The offshore engineering company GustoMSC moved into the ‘Timmerfabriek’; a distinctive industrial building that was originally constructed in 1948 at the former terrain of the Wilton Fijenoord dock in Schiedam. JHK architecten worked in close collaboration with GustoMSC and ABT on the transformation and transfiguration of the 9.500 m2 building, in order to achieve a design that fits both with the needs of the new user and the preconditions imposed by the existing building.
Image Courtesy © Marcel van der Burg
- Architects: JHK Architecten
- Project: GustoMSC Schiedam
- Location: Karel Doormanweg 35, Schiedam, Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel van der Burg
- Client: GustoMSC
- Project management / technical consulting: ABT
- Financial consulting: ABT
- Main contractor: v.d. Tempel Bouw & Ontwikkeling
- Gross Floor area: ca. 9.500m²
- Project start: 2014
- Completion: 2015
Friday, March 11th, 2016
Article source: Studio Macola
The project is part of a plan to revitalise a former industrial site, “the Conterie” ( small beads), on the island of Murano. Also known as the island of glass, Murano forms part of the Venetian lagoon. The Conterie were a two-hectare-wide industrial complex located in the heart of Murano. Brought into being between the end of the 18th century and the first half of 19th century, the Conterie’s zenith dates to the second half of the 19th century, when the complex achieved its maximum industrial output. Decline, on the other hand, kicked in in the 1970s, and the factory was finally closed down in 1993. Two years later the complex was acquired by the Municipality of Venice. This decision was taken because the former industrial site was deemed to offer significant urban development opportunities on account of its extent, location and the variety of building which makes it up. Many of the latter, it must be added, were in a particularly poor state of conservation.
Image Courtesy © M. Zanta
- Architects: Studio Macola
- Project: The Conterie
- Location: Murano, Venezia, Italy
- Photography: M. Zanta
- Client: Comune di Venezia – Insula S.p.a.
- Project manager: M. Negro – Insula S.p.a.
- Structural engineer: L. Rota with G. Di Mento
- Mechanical engineer: R. Bonacina
- Electrical engineer: D. Colpo
- Covering and roofing in titanium zinc: Zintek Srl
- Project Year: 1999-2015
Friday, January 15th, 2016
Article source: Tezuka Architects
An adaptive-reused project for a fishing port market place. Students used bicycle-drawn carts to collect more than 3000 donated items,from display pieces to furnishings and furniture. The intervention was little more than painting the building the color of Himi Black tiles.
Image Courtesy © Tezuka Architects
- Architects: Tezuka Architects
- Project: Tokomachi Industry and Crafts Center
- Location: Tokamachi, Japan
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: SEHW Architecture
The Campus of the technical university is located on the premises of a former railway engine plant. In line with a large building project and competition in 2006, SEHW Architecture has carried out the campus extension.
The competition comprised the urban planning and implementation of a functional building, a lecture hall centre and student hostel for 200 students.
Image Courtesy © Verfgungsgebude
- Architects: SEHW Architecture
- Project: Campus der TH Wildau
- Location: Wildau, Germany
- Photography: Hrsaalzentrum, Verfgungsgebude