This community was developed with the idea of life as a focus from the inception of the design process. Great emphasis was set on carefully balancing and integrating residential, cultural, commercial, recreational, naturalistic and institutional elements of this masterplan. A holistic approach to both micro and macro organization were seen as being crucial to this ultra livable city.
- Designer / Architect: HTDSTUDIO DESIGNOFFICE, New York / Cork, Ireland
- Client: Copenhagen CPH City + Port Development
- Location: Nordhavnen District, Copenhagen, DK
- Total Area: (Site) 420 Ha / (Buildings) 1,890,000 m2
- Budget: N/A
- Date: 2008
- Images: ©HTDSTUDIO DESIGNOFFICE
- Competition: Nordhavnen Ideas Competition, 2008
- Software used: Sketchup Pro 6 and Kerkythea Rendering software. The rest was done in Photoshop CS5.