Archive for the ‘Laboratory and Office’ Category
Friday, April 13th, 2018
Article source: Ramón Esteve Estudio de Arquitectura
Bvalve, Flow, Systems & Control is a company specialising in the manufacture of high quality control valves with more than twenty years of experience in this field. Accordingly, its new headquarters are intended to reflect the firm’s technological character.
The office building has been designed to be a tangible expression of the firm’s philosophy, being adapted to its work process and embodying the company’s values.
Image Courtesy © Ramón Esteve Estudio de Arquitectura
- Architects: Ramón Esteve Estudio de Arquitectura
- Project: BVALVE Office Building
- Location: Museros, Valencia
- Project Team Estefanía Pérez, Jacobo Mompó, María Parra, Fran alomo
- REE Staff: Tudi Soriano
- Partners: Leing Ingeniería, Prodein ingeniería
- Building Engineer: Emilio Pérez, Carolina Tarazona
- Oficinas: 2100 m2
- Nave: 6400 m2
- Year of Design: 2017
Monday, April 2nd, 2018
Article source: v2com
Designed by SRG Partnership, the 95,000 sf Washington State University (WSU) Everett University Center is the first building of a new branch university campus which dramatically expands access to higher education in the North Puget Sound region with concentrations in science, technology, engineering and math.
Image Courtesy © Benjamin Benschneider
- Architects: SRG Partnership, Inc.
- Project: WSU University Center Expands Higher Education
- Location: North Puget Sound Region, Everett, Washington, USA
- Photography: Benjamin Benschneider
- Client: Washington State University
- General Contractor: Hoffman
- Construction Company: MEP Engineer— McKinstry
- Structural Engineer: — KPFF Consulting Engineers
- Landscape Architect: — Site Workshop
- Project End Date: August 2017
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Article source: Mecanoo
Zaans Medical Centre is the first lean hospital in the Netherlands. It is an efficient and compact building in which professional healthcare and a personal approach strengthen each other. Architecture, urbanism, landscape and interior are brought together in a coherent design. Clear routing, an abundance of daylight, and positive distractions contribute to an environment that does not feel like a hospital, but as a place that promotes wellbeing.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo
- Architects: Mecanoo
- Project: Zaans Medical Centre
- Location: Zaandam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Thijs Wolzak, Mecanoo
- Client: Zaans Medisch Centrum, Zaandam; Vitaal ZorgVast, Bunnik
- Structural engineer: BAM Advies & Engineering, Bunnik
- Mechanical engineer: Ingenieursbureau Linssen b.v., Amsterdam
- Building physics consultant: DGMR Raadgevende Ingenieurs B.V., Arnhem
- Design: 2012-2014
- Realisation: 2014-2016
Thursday, February 15th, 2018
Article source: CO Architects
To ensure design excellence, Lyme Properties—original developer, which then sold to BioMed Realty—sponsored an invited, international design competition for the 1.3-million-square-foot Kendall Square mixed-use project in Cambridge, MA. The objective was to create a cluster of high-caliber laboratory buildings to position Kendall Square as a major research center strategically located in close proximity to MIT and Harvard. In addition to providing new laboratories, the developer wanted to animate the neighborhood street life by offering urban amenities including a hotel, housing, shops, restaurants, and open public space.
Image Courtesy © Roland Halbe
- Architects: CO Architects
- Project: Kendall Square Research Laboratory
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Photography: Roland Halbe
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
Article source: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
The architectonic project for the Klabin Research, Development and Innovation Center, installed near to the main entrance of Vila Harmonia, Telêmaco Borba, PR, has as guide line, the integration of the architecural ensemble to the surrounding landscape, a quite and pleasant space, especially chosen by the Managers Fabio Schvartsman and Francisco Cesar Razzolini. The area is right in the middle of the generous woods that define the compact green belt around the Unity Klabin Monte Alegre, defined and opened in the forties (1940), for the production of quality paper in total respect to the evironment.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Kok
- Architects: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
- Project: P&D+I KLABIN Center
- Location: Monte Alegre, Telêmaco Borba, Paraná State, Brazil
- Photography: Pedro Kok
- Colaborators Architects: Luiza Garry Leptich, Carlos Eduardo Valbusa, Elisa Relva Basso, Marco Antônio D’Delia, Ricardo Marmorato, Laís Oliveira Xavier, Bianca Dunder.
- Area: 15.000m2
- Main Building: 3.006m2
- Beginning: September, 2015
- Conclusion: May, 2017
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Article source: Richter architectes et associés
The new program for this water purification facility required the adaptation of the existing building and an increase in its surface area. This included creating a more comfortable, functional and adaptable workplace. To achieve this, the program required a reorganization of the site (technical center), an administrative center, a water analysis laboratory and premises for the technicians.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Richter architectes et associés
- Project: Restructurion and extension of the headquarters of the Syndicat des Eaux
- Location: Schiltighem, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Client: SDEA Alsace-Moselle, Strasbourg
- Cost: 12,5 M€ (excluding VAT)
- Surface area: 8 340 m²
- Competition: 2010
- Delivery: 2016
Thursday, October 12th, 2017
Article source: anonyme
The centre INRA in Versailles-Grignon is engaged in the renovation of the building 1 and 2 of the site Versailles. Built in 1959, the buildings integrate laboratories, offices, air-conditioned chambers, and diverse installations linked to research
Image Courtesy © Philippe RUAULT
- Architects: anonyme
- Project: Green Air
- Location: Versailles, France
- Photography: Philippe RUAULT
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: INRA Center of Versailles-Grignon.
- Cost: phase 1 : 2 800 000 € HT ; phase 2 : 2 500 000 € HT.
- Area: phase 1 : 2400 m2 ; phase 2 : 1800 m2.
- Calendar : 36 months ; end phase 1 : Juin 2015 phase 1 ; phase 2 : stand by.
Thursday, July 27th, 2017
Article source: Clickspring Design
The Express Scripts Lab is a 12,500 square-foot addition to the pharmaceutical benefits manager’s facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Designed by Clickspring Design, the Lab opened in July 2014 and showcases strategic innovation, actively demonstrating the practical application of clinical and behavioral expertise to improve health decisions and add value to the healthcare system.
Image Courtesy © Raeford Dwyer
- Architects: Clickspring Design
- Project: The Express Scripts Lab
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Photography: Raeford Dwyer
- Architect Of Record: FORUM Studio
- Client Name: Express Scripts
- Project Size: 10,500 square feet
- Project Status: Built, completed July 2014
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017
Article source: CYS.ASDO
Su’ao is an urban township by the sea in Yilan County, Taiwan, and famous for its fresh sea products and the nearby harbor. This project was begun with a new technology, CAS (Cells Alive System) introduced by our client, TSC Anyong biotechnology and was hoping to build a tourism factory in Su’ao, rely on its geological advantage. The idea is to emphasize the interaction between the factory and customer, and optimize the relation between factory and the surrounding environment.
Image Courtesy © Kuomin Lee
- Architects: CYS.ASDO
- Project: TSC Anyong Fresh Lab
- Location: Su-ao, Yilan City, Taiwan
- Photography: Kuomin Lee
- Architect in charge: Chung-yei Sheng
- Design Team: Jill Yang, Orange Kahn, Chieh Lai, Adolfo de Antonio
- Area: 15,000 sqm
- Project Year: 2016
Thursday, July 6th, 2017
Article source: BNIM Architects
BNIM led the initial Campus Master Plan and Conceptual Design process, which was complet-ed in April 2012, for the Pacific Center Campus Development. In August of that year, BNIM was again selected to lead the design of a two-building campus expansion. The two buildings add 410,000 square feet of office, dry laboratory, catering/café, health center, fitness center, lecture hall, multi-purpose learning and conference space to the campus. Both buildings have received LEED gold certification.
Image Courtesy © BNIM Architects
- Architects: BNIM Architects
- Project: Pacific Center Campus Development
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Software used: Revit