Archive for the ‘Laboratory and Office’ Category
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Article source: Richter architectes et associés
The new program for this water purification facility required the adaptation of the existing building and an increase in its surface area. This included creating a more comfortable, functional and adaptable workplace. To achieve this, the program required a reorganization of the site (technical center), an administrative center, a water analysis laboratory and premises for the technicians.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Richter architectes et associés
- Project: Restructurion and extension of the headquarters of the Syndicat des Eaux
- Location: Schiltighem, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Client: SDEA Alsace-Moselle, Strasbourg
- Cost: 12,5 M€ (excluding VAT)
- Surface area: 8 340 m²
- Competition: 2010
- Delivery: 2016
Thursday, October 12th, 2017
Article source: anonyme
The centre INRA in Versailles-Grignon is engaged in the renovation of the building 1 and 2 of the site Versailles. Built in 1959, the buildings integrate laboratories, offices, air-conditioned chambers, and diverse installations linked to research
Image Courtesy © Philippe RUAULT
- Architects: anonyme
- Project: Green Air
- Location: Versailles, France
- Photography: Philippe RUAULT
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: INRA Center of Versailles-Grignon.
- Cost: phase 1 : 2 800 000 € HT ; phase 2 : 2 500 000 € HT.
- Area: phase 1 : 2400 m2 ; phase 2 : 1800 m2.
- Calendar : 36 months ; end phase 1 : Juin 2015 phase 1 ; phase 2 : stand by.
Thursday, July 27th, 2017
Article source: Clickspring Design
The Express Scripts Lab is a 12,500 square-foot addition to the pharmaceutical benefits manager’s facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Designed by Clickspring Design, the Lab opened in July 2014 and showcases strategic innovation, actively demonstrating the practical application of clinical and behavioral expertise to improve health decisions and add value to the healthcare system.
Image Courtesy © Raeford Dwyer
- Architects: Clickspring Design
- Project: The Express Scripts Lab
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Photography: Raeford Dwyer
- Architect Of Record: FORUM Studio
- Client Name: Express Scripts
- Project Size: 10,500 square feet
- Project Status: Built, completed July 2014
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017
Article source: CYS.ASDO
Su’ao is an urban township by the sea in Yilan County, Taiwan, and famous for its fresh sea products and the nearby harbor. This project was begun with a new technology, CAS (Cells Alive System) introduced by our client, TSC Anyong biotechnology and was hoping to build a tourism factory in Su’ao, rely on its geological advantage. The idea is to emphasize the interaction between the factory and customer, and optimize the relation between factory and the surrounding environment.
Image Courtesy © Kuomin Lee
- Architects: CYS.ASDO
- Project: TSC Anyong Fresh Lab
- Location: Su-ao, Yilan City, Taiwan
- Photography: Kuomin Lee
- Architect in charge: Chung-yei Sheng
- Design Team: Jill Yang, Orange Kahn, Chieh Lai, Adolfo de Antonio
- Area: 15,000 sqm
- Project Year: 2016
Thursday, July 6th, 2017
Article source: BNIM Architects
BNIM led the initial Campus Master Plan and Conceptual Design process, which was complet-ed in April 2012, for the Pacific Center Campus Development. In August of that year, BNIM was again selected to lead the design of a two-building campus expansion. The two buildings add 410,000 square feet of office, dry laboratory, catering/café, health center, fitness center, lecture hall, multi-purpose learning and conference space to the campus. Both buildings have received LEED gold certification.
Image Courtesy © BNIM Architects
- Architects: BNIM Architects
- Project: Pacific Center Campus Development
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Software used: Revit
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
The Lake Chad is dying and if nothing is done, it will belong to the past. It is important to understand, the Lake Chad is the home of first Men, and a worldwide patrimony which need to be preserve for the health and equilibrium of our planet. Hermann Kamte & Associates reveals their vision for the regeneration of the lake before its pronounced disappearance.
Image Courtesy © HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: The Forgotten – Dead Or Alive
- Location: Cameroonian
- Research: Humanitarian – Lake Chad Regenerattion
- Year: 2016 (December)
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Article source: Letoublon Dupouy
The project is located at Marseille Campus Luminy, in the National Park area, and includes the rehabilitation of a building in the late 60s, the creation of an extension, and its landscaping.
Made for the metropolis and destined for a scientific research activity advanced (immunotechnology), design objectives include the complete transformation of the existing buildings (internal surface of approximately 2090 m2) to laboratories, offices, technical rooms and rest area.
Image Courtesy © Clément Guillaume
- Architects: Letoublon Dupouy (c. Monge)
- Project: MI-mAbs
- Location: Marseille, France
- Photography: Clément Guillaume
- Software used: Vectorworks, Autocad, Artlantis, Photoshop
- Engineering: Sarlec
- Lead Architects: Laure Létoublon, Christophe Monge et Sébastien Dupouy
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 2090 m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: Ministry of Design Design
GO, GO, MR. ROBOTO
MOD was commissioned to design the branding and spatial experience for RACE, a new robotic facility aimed at educating, and introducing robots into automating existing manufacturing industries. RACE intended to also feature a series of interchangeable modular robots as a key unique proposition.
Inspired by the concept of modularity, and influenced by aesthetics of precision and dynamism; the logotype is an expression of a complete form comprised of individual standalone parts.
Image Courtesy © CI&A Photography – Edward Hendricks
- Architects: Ministry of Design Design (Colin Seah, Ruth Chong, Sandra Goh, Sarah Conceicao, Yuping Tiang, Richard Herman, Madeline Lim)
- Project: RACE Robotics Lab
- Location: 505 Yishun Industrial Park A, PBA Building, Level 2, Singapore
- Photography: CI&A Photography – Edward Hendricks
- Owner: PBA Systems Pte Ltd
- Branding collaterals: Logo, Business card, Letterhead, Envelope, Branding guidelines
- ID Contractor: Hocklim Engineering Pte Ltd
- Built in GFA: 243 sqm
- Opening: March 2017
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
With its wide variety of distinct buildings, the Utrecht Science Park is a microcosm of modern architecture. To fit into its surroundings, Mecanoo has designed the new Life Sciences Incubator (LSI) with horizontal layers, while the detailed glazed facade adds a unique touch.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: Life Sciences Incubator, Utrecht Science Park
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Client: University of Utrecht
- Project management and cost consultant: Giesbers Ontwikkelen en Bouwen, Wijchen
- Structural engineer: Croes, Nijmegen
- Mechanical and electrical engineer: DKC, Nijmegen
- Consultant acoustics, building physics and fire safety: LBP|Sight, Nieuwegein
- Main contractor: Giesbers Ontwikkelen en Bouwen, Wijchen
- Programme: 6.200m2 of offices, laboratories and an atrium with meeting spaces, BREEAM Outstanding
- Design: 2013
- Realisation: 2014-2015
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: tIPS ARCHITECTS
An architectonic and graphic procedure is a continuous evolution of tests, drafts and tries.
Everybody knows and \”loves\” the final result but the design process that made it, belongs to the creative team.
We thought to cover the walls of the ACM GRAPHIC LAB by these attempts , by these pieces of paper, used them like a classical element of the interior design: the wallpaper.
Image Courtesy © tIPS ARCHITECTS
- Architects: tIPS ARCHITECTS
- Project: ACM Graphic Lab
- Location: Cremosano, Italy
- Software used: Autocad, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Size: 100 m2
- Designed: 2016
- Completed: 2017