Article Source: University of Arkansas Community Design Center + Marlon Blackwell Architect
The Creative Corridor retrofits a four-block segment of an endangered downtown Main Street through economic development catalyzed by the cultural arts rather than Main Street’s traditional retail base. The goal is to structure an identity for the Creative Corridor rooted in a mixed-use working and living environment anchored by the arts.
- Architects: University of Arkansas Community Design Center + Marlon Blackwell Architect
- Project: The Creative Corridor: A Main Street Revitalization
- Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
- Client: City of Little Rock
- Building Square Footage: This project preserves 891,000 square feet of existing space in 28 historical structures and stipulates mixed-use functions in 532,000 square feet among four proposed infill structures. Possible programs include a cinema complex, symphony and ballet offices and rehearsal space, culinary school, art galleries, and corporate offices
- Land Area: 12.2 acres