Archive for the ‘Market’ Category
Saturday, September 24th, 2016
Article source: Picharchitects
The building is located in a dense urban area with a poor road infrastructure and practically no open spaces. The old market was demolished, as its structure was completely obsolete. The new Multifunctional Building has the aim of re-using the place in a more intensive way.
Image Courtesy © Simón García
- Architects: Picharchitects
- Project: FONDO
- Location: Santa Coloma De Gramenet, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Simón García
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Article source: Architecture Patrick Mauger
Renovation of the Secrétan Covered Market: renaissance of a local lifestyle.
Almost emptied of its shops and walled up, the Secrétan covered market had become an increasingly foreign object in the district.
Image Courtesy © Architecture Patrick Mauger
Saturday, April 16th, 2016
Article source: NMD NOMADAS
De Candido Express supermarket stands in Bella Vista Avenue, one of the most commercial of Maracaibo (2,2Mhab); the attributes of the brand De Candido such as simplicity, softness firmly versatility to changing contexts and continuity, was also attributed to the building.
Image Courtesy © Luis Ontiveros
- Architects: NMD NOMADAS
- Project: De Candido Express Supermarket
- Location: Calle 73 entre Avenida Bella Vista y Avenida Santa Rita, Maracaibo, Venezuela
- Photography: Luis Ontiveros
- Design Directors: Farid Chacón, Francisco Mustieles, Janeth Boza, Claudia Urdaneta
- Project Leader: Vanessa Rincón
- Design Team: Nicole De Candido
- Landscape Architecture Adviser: Astrid Petzold
- Engineering: Innova
- Construction: VASAFE, CA. Ing. Andrés Nanino
- Graphic Design: Poroto Estudio: Alberto Sulbarán, Jason Villa
- Construction Area: 12916 sqft
- Project Year: 2012
- Construction Year: 2012-2013
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Article source: dpai architecture inc + RDH Architects
The renovation of the Hamilton Public Library and Farmer’s Market was conceived as a design-driven opportunity to spur sustained urban renewal. A 96-meter long, continuous glass vestibule with LED lighting re-establishes the building’s relationship to York Street, while the interior executions are geared around elevating the library’s functionality to modern European standards. An emphasis on transparent materials facilitates a conversation between the library and adjacent market, which received a series of service upgrades.
Image Courtesy © Tom Arban & Jeff Tessier
- Architects: dpai architecture inc + RDH Architects
- Project: Hamilton Public Library & Hamilton Farmers Market
- Location: 55 York Boulevard, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Photography: Tom Arban & Jeff Tessier
- Client: City of Hamilton
- Structural Engineer: Group Eight Engineering Ltd.
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering: Group Eight Engineering Ltd.
- Contractor: Kemp Construction
- Budget: $14 Million
- Status: Complete
- 2014 International Architecture Award – The Chicago Athenaeum of Architecture and Design
- 2012 Best Institutional Interior – Canadian Interiors Magazine “Best in Canada” 2012 Ontario Library Association Award of Excellence
- 2012 Ontario Association of Architects Award of Excellence
Friday, December 18th, 2015
Article source: Comas-Pont arquitectes
The new fresh products market is a Mediterranean building: the sales area is a large open space with the light as a protagonist, a controlled light filtered through a wooden slats system of the facades and inner skin panels and slats of wood shavings.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Comas / Pere Tordera
- Architects: Comas-Pont arquitectes
- Project: Municipal Market
- Location: Manlleu, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Comas / Pere Tordera
- Designer: Comas-Pont arquitectes slp
- Client: Institut de desenvolupament de l’Erm
- Completion date: 2011
- Site area: 1689,19 m²
- Construction area: 2187 m²
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015
Article source: Liong Lie Architects
De Bazaar is the biggest indoor market of Europe. It was built 35 years ago and 2 million people visit De Bazaar every year. The market size is 75000 m² and consists of 700 shops, 300 market stalls and vendors with 50 different nationalities. De Bazaar has a variety of market areas, ranging from the Eastern market to the Black market.
Image Courtesy © Hannah Anthonysz
- Architects: Liong Lie Architects
- Project: De Bazaar Mihrab
- Location: Buitenlanden, Beverwijk, The Netherlands
- Photography: Hannah Anthonysz
- Client: De Bazaar, Beverwijk
- Design team: Liong Lie, Roeland de Jong, Martijn Huits, Michael Schuurmantogether with Leaders, against Routine – leadersagainstroutine.nl
- Contractor: Vios Bouwgroep BV
- Program: Shopping location in Hal 30 of De Bazaar with food- and non-food shops
- Total amount of shops: 43
- Total area: 1650
- Time span: 8 Months, including design phase
- Built: 2014
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Article source: Corde Architetti Associati
The risk one may run in adding a new commercial building in the centre of a small village is to subvert balances and prevail on the existing. This is intended to be a different kind of approach compared with the usual box-shaped shopping centre: an aggregation of volumes with different heights and rough concrete panelling attempts to confront with the old urban pattern. The massive presence of vegetation, both trees and climbers, is the unpredictable element guided by time and seasons as a moment of mediation.
supermarket volume, Image Courtesy © Alessandro Ruzzier
- Architects: Corde Architetti Associati
- Project: COOP Supermarket
- Location: Porcia, Pordenone, Italy
- Photography: Alessandro Ruzzier
Friday, November 27th, 2015
Article source: Latitude Studio S.L.
How does our design can function as a catalyst to merge people‘s shopping experience into the pleasure of a healthy lifestyle?
An organic market is not simply an ordinary place to purchase food. It is a place where you go to seek out products that reflect the taste and feel of nature. With this in mind, our goal is to design every part of the market based on the principle of flexibility, adapting every decision to the nuanced demands of each kind of food and product. Thus, the experience of purchasing daily goods becomes more than a routine, it becomes an experience wherein the customer perceives the essence of the products sold in this kind of place.
Image Courtesy © Shannon Fagan
- Architects: Latitude Studio S.L.
- Project: Original Life Market
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Shannon Fagan
- Principal Architect: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Team: Andrea Ramos Rodriguez, Bo Liu, Jorge Cortes de Castro, Lisa Bai, Lucia Bravo Guinea
- Client: Yiyang Group
- Program: 2,000m²
- Status: Completed
- Year: 2014 – 2015
- Budget: 1,100,000€
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Article source: I Like Design Studio
Food Villa Market is a local open-air market open daily features outstanding standard of fresh market, offering a variety of high-quality food, life style shops and many more at a reasonable price.
Image Courtesy © Suppakorn Srisakul
- Architects: I Like Design Studio
- Project: Food Villa Market
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Suppakorn Srisakul
- Clien t: BT Group Corporation
- Area : 4,000 sq. m.
- Project Year : 2013
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
Project for a kiosk on the lakefront of Chicago. Waterfronts are special places. A meeting point between earth and sea, the horizon is exposed. More than elsewhere the sky is present, it illuminates and color permeates the place. The project aims to exacerbate this feeling by framing the views and accentuating the light of the moment.
EXTERIOR VIEW_LIBRARY- BOOK SHOP, Image Courtesy © Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Architects: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Project: AMBIENT LIGHT
- Location: Chicago, Illinois