Archive for the ‘Market’ Category
Friday, December 18th, 2015
Article source: Comas-Pont arquitectes
The new fresh products market is a Mediterranean building: the sales area is a large open space with the light as a protagonist, a controlled light filtered through a wooden slats system of the facades and inner skin panels and slats of wood shavings.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Comas / Pere Tordera
- Architects: Comas-Pont arquitectes
- Project: Municipal Market
- Location: Manlleu, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Comas / Pere Tordera
- Designer: Comas-Pont arquitectes slp
- Client: Institut de desenvolupament de l’Erm
- Completion date: 2011
- Site area: 1689,19 m²
- Construction area: 2187 m²
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015
Article source: Liong Lie Architects
De Bazaar is the biggest indoor market of Europe. It was built 35 years ago and 2 million people visit De Bazaar every year. The market size is 75000 m² and consists of 700 shops, 300 market stalls and vendors with 50 different nationalities. De Bazaar has a variety of market areas, ranging from the Eastern market to the Black market.
Image Courtesy © Hannah Anthonysz
- Architects: Liong Lie Architects
- Project: De Bazaar Mihrab
- Location: Buitenlanden, Beverwijk, The Netherlands
- Photography: Hannah Anthonysz
- Client: De Bazaar, Beverwijk
- Design team: Liong Lie, Roeland de Jong, Martijn Huits, Michael Schuurmantogether with Leaders, against Routine – leadersagainstroutine.nl
- Contractor: Vios Bouwgroep BV
- Program: Shopping location in Hal 30 of De Bazaar with food- and non-food shops
- Total amount of shops: 43
- Total area: 1650
- Time span: 8 Months, including design phase
- Built: 2014
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Article source: Corde Architetti Associati
The risk one may run in adding a new commercial building in the centre of a small village is to subvert balances and prevail on the existing. This is intended to be a different kind of approach compared with the usual box-shaped shopping centre: an aggregation of volumes with different heights and rough concrete panelling attempts to confront with the old urban pattern. The massive presence of vegetation, both trees and climbers, is the unpredictable element guided by time and seasons as a moment of mediation.
supermarket volume, Image Courtesy © Alessandro Ruzzier
- Architects: Corde Architetti Associati
- Project: COOP Supermarket
- Location: Porcia, Pordenone, Italy
- Photography: Alessandro Ruzzier
Friday, November 27th, 2015
Article source: Latitude Studio S.L.
How does our design can function as a catalyst to merge people‘s shopping experience into the pleasure of a healthy lifestyle?
An organic market is not simply an ordinary place to purchase food. It is a place where you go to seek out products that reflect the taste and feel of nature. With this in mind, our goal is to design every part of the market based on the principle of flexibility, adapting every decision to the nuanced demands of each kind of food and product. Thus, the experience of purchasing daily goods becomes more than a routine, it becomes an experience wherein the customer perceives the essence of the products sold in this kind of place.
Image Courtesy © Shannon Fagan
- Architects: Latitude Studio S.L.
- Project: Original Life Market
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Shannon Fagan
- Principal Architect: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Team: Andrea Ramos Rodriguez, Bo Liu, Jorge Cortes de Castro, Lisa Bai, Lucia Bravo Guinea
- Client: Yiyang Group
- Program: 2,000m²
- Status: Completed
- Year: 2014 – 2015
- Budget: 1,100,000€
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Article source: I Like Design Studio
Food Villa Market is a local open-air market open daily features outstanding standard of fresh market, offering a variety of high-quality food, life style shops and many more at a reasonable price.
Image Courtesy © Suppakorn Srisakul
- Architects: I Like Design Studio
- Project: Food Villa Market
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Suppakorn Srisakul
- Clien t: BT Group Corporation
- Area : 4,000 sq. m.
- Project Year : 2013
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
Project for a kiosk on the lakefront of Chicago. Waterfronts are special places. A meeting point between earth and sea, the horizon is exposed. More than elsewhere the sky is present, it illuminates and color permeates the place. The project aims to exacerbate this feeling by framing the views and accentuating the light of the moment.
EXTERIOR VIEW_LIBRARY- BOOK SHOP, Image Courtesy © Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Architects: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Project: AMBIENT LIGHT
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Article source: Mateo Arquitectura
The market, since its origins, has been a large covered place.
We conserve and repair the beautiful structure that supports that roof. Beneath, we dig into the site to introduce new services that complement sales activity: logistics, parking, installations.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Mateo Arquitectura
- Project: REMODELLING OF THE NINOT MARKET
- Location: Calle Mallorca 135, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Author: Josep Lluís Mateo
- Structural Engeering: BOMA
- Client: IMMB-Institut Municipal de Mercats de Barcelona
- Instalations Engeeniring / Budget Control/ Security and Health standards: Mur Garganté
- Surface: 16.184 m2
- Project: 2008
- Construction: 2010-2015
Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
Article source: [delacourt][vanbeek]
Uploading city is a proposal for creating a sustainable market hall that will upload itself over time. It uploads in a literal way by making use of solar panels on the roof and figuratively by the new activities that will be developed here.
Image Courtesy © [delacourt][vanbeek]
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Article source: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
The new market “Mercado dels Encants” in Barcelona acts as a mediation device between the renovated Plaza de las Glorias, and the axis of the Meridiana, an area popularly known as “el Bosquet de les Glòries”.
Image Courtesy © b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Architects: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Project: Mercat dels Encants
- Location: Plaza de las Glorias. Barcelona, Spain
- Client: Barcelona d’Infraestructures Municipals (BIMSA), Barcelona City Council
- Architects team: Francesc de Fuentes, Cristina Algas, Sonia Cruz, Guillermo Weiskal, Albert Freixes, Gemma Ojea, Javier Artieda, Angel Gaspar, Oriol Roig, Juan Pablo Porta, Leonardo Novelo
- Structural Engineering: BOMA
- Services Engineering: Grupo JG
- Competition: October 2006
- Project: 2008-2009
- Execution : 2010-2013
- Gross floor area: 35.440 m²
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: Söhne&Partner architects
Hans-Gasser-Platz is opened and invites people to stroll, relax and meet up. Through this opening an important, flexible space is designed and functions as the perfect spot for day markets and the traditional “Villacher Kirchtag” market.
The new design removes all obstructing elements from the square and sets the visual axes free.
Image Courtesy © Söhne&Partner architects