Archive for the ‘Media Centre’ Category
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: Veech X Veech
Vienna-based Veech X Veech expands Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha, Qatar, by creating a landmark building and two broadcast media environments.
Veech X Veech has recently been honored with this year’s Set of the Year Award at the NAB in Las Vegas, conferred by NewcastStudio, the most important trade platform for the broadcasting industry.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Veech X Veech
- Project: Al Jazeera Network Studio Building
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Photography: Hufton + Crow
- Client: Al Jazeera Media Network
- Design Team: Stuart A. Veech, Mascha Veech-Kosmatschof, Thomas Milly, Bernhard Trummer, Miguel Pereira, Mihai Potra
- Building Size: 1650sqm
- Studio Size: 400sqm
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Article source: Dominique Coulon & associés
This project has the ambition of becoming a new model for media libraries. The programme calls the functions of a media library into question, lending it the content of a ‘third place’ – a place where members of the public become actors in their own condition, a place for creation as well as reception. In association with the basic programme, the building includes areas for displays, creation, music studios, and a café-restaurant. To give meaning to this new programme, it seemed necessary to question the way in which a place of this kind is produced. The various activities in the programme blend into each other, creating a dynamic arrangement. The spatial principle is based on a non-hierarchical superposition of different systems.
Image Courtesy © Eugeni Pons
- Architects: Dominique Coulon & associés (Dominique Coulon, Steve Letho Duclos)
- Project: Media Library [Third-Place]
- Location: 1 place Malraux, 57100 Thionville, France
- Photography: Eugeni Pons and David Romero-Uzeda
- 3D Animation: Brooklyn Foundry
- Architects assistants: Gautier Duthoit
- Construction site supervision: Steve Letho Duclos
- Engineers and consultants:
- Structural Engineer: Batiserf Ingénierie
- Electrical Engineer: BET G.Jost
- Mechanical Plumbing Engineer: Solares Bauen
- Cost Estimator: E3 économie
- Acoustics: Euro sound project
- Landscape: Bruno Kubler
- Budget: 11 000 000€
Thursday, April 28th, 2016
Article source: atelier d’architecture King Kong
The new building and its function are immediately intelligible as one approaches from Rue Emile Zola, thanks to clear signage positioned on the east façade, while the main entrance is situated on Rue Formigé, thereby creating a direct connection with the bus stop opposite. The building’s accessibility via public transport and its inherent eco-mobility is therefore clearly brought to the fore and visually underscored.
Image Courtesy © Arthur Péquin
- Architects: atelier d’architecture King Kong
- Project: La Source
- Location: Le Bouscat, France
- Photography: Arthur Péquin
- Client: Bordeaux Métropole Aménagement, on behalf of Le Bouscat city hall
- Cost of building works: 8 M€ ttc
- Surface area: 3720 M2
- Building: 2560 M2
- Surroundings: 1160 M2
- Construction started: July 2013
- Completed: December 2015
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
Article source: Nefa Architects (Nefaresearch)
“Our studio Nefa Architects has had plenty of experience in designing working spaces for ad agencies and media companies.”
Image Courtesy © Ilya Ivanov
- Architects: Nefa Architects (Nefaresearch)
- Project: Zenith media agency office
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Ilya Ivanov
- Chief Architect: Dmitry Ovcharov
- Authors Team: Dmitry Ovcharov, Maria Yasko
- Architects: Victor Kolupaev, Olga Ivleva
- Chief Engineer: Sergey Kurepin
- Project Management: Daria Turkina, Maria Boyko
- Management Company: Cushman & Wakefield
- General Contractor: ATITOKA
- Area: 700.0 sqm
- Year: 2015
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Article source: VOX Architects
PUBLICIS GROUPE– is a French transnational advertising-communications holding. The third biggest in the world and the biggest one in Europe. It works in Russia since 1990 and is represented by media-groups:Starcom MediaVest Group Russia (Starcomand MediaVest agencies), Zenith Optimedia Group Russia (Zenith and Optimedia agencies), media-branding and consulting platform VivaKi; creative agencies Leo Burnett, Publicis, Saatchi&Saatchi, and the internal divisionRe:Sources Russia.
Image Courtesy © Alexey Knyazev
- Architects: VOX Architects
- Project: PUBLICIS GROUPE
- Location: Business center “Bolshevik”, Leningradskiy lane,15, Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Alexey Knyazev
- Software used: SketchUp
- Authors: Boris Voskoboynikov, Maria Akhremenkova
- Graphic Design: YuliaDorokhina
- Architectural Supervision: Olga Ivleva, Sergey Kurepin.
- Project Management: Cushman&Wakefield (more…)
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
China has in recent years become the second largest producer and consumer of movies. With this as a starting point, the Bolong 3D Movie Museum and Mediatek is imagined as the cornerstone of a new media park in Tianjin.
The building design takes it inspiration from the clouds, emphasizing ideas of creativity and inspiration.
Image Courtesy © HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Bolong Movie Museum
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Type: Invited Proposal.
- Size: 74,000 M2 / 80,000 SF.
- Client: Tianjin Urban Panning Bureau.
- Status: Invited Competition, Pending.
- Collaborators: AI.
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: HAVER & BOECKER
Situated on the Asian side of Istanbul in an area of 950,000m², Teknopark Istanbul will host around a thousand local and foreign research and development laboratories.
Image Courtesy © HAVER & BOECKER
- Architects: HAVER & BOECKER
- Project: Media Façade IMAGIC WEAVE®
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013
Article source: Wiel Arets Architects
This new building is an office for Schwäbisch Media (Swabian Media), a publishing company active in many facets of traditional and new media. Six protruding glass-walled cubes define and compose the project, with their proportions and dimensions based on the surrounding traditional German fachwerk villas in the city of Ravensburg. These six working areas have been stacked on top of a transparent ground floor, through which access is afforded to each, creating a new urban typology in the center of this medieval city. As the company’s activities were previously scattered throughout the Upper Swabia region, this building brings all 350 employees under one roof.
Image Courtesy © Wiel Arets Architects
- Architects: Wiel Arets Architects
- Project: Schwabisch Media
- Location: Ravensburg, Germany
- Type Of Project: Office Building, Headquarters
- Client: Schwäbischer Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Tender date: 2008
- Start on site date: 2009
- Completion date: 2013
- Gross internal floor area: 13500 m2
- Form of contract and/or procurement: General planning contract
- Total cost: € 24.000.000
- Any specific environmental targets eg. Passivhaus, BREEAM, C4SH: DGNB certification, Silver rated
Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
Article source: LYCS Architecture
With the new winning competition entry for the Jiaxing University Library & Media Center, LYCS seeks to break antiquated design conventions by intelligently negotiating contemporary architectural design into the traditional Chinese campus. Surrounded by rich woods and luscious water, the 42000m2 library plays with hierarchy – the hierarchy of multiple, increasingly private spaces; the hierarchy of the pace of spatial experience; and the hierarchy of introversion and extroversion.
Image Courtesy LYCS Architecture
- Architects: LYCS Architecture
- Project: Jiaxing University Library & Media Center
- Location: Jiaxing, China
- Architect of Record: Architectural Planning Design & Research Institute of Zhejiang University ofTechnology
- Project Leader: RUAN Hao, Devin Jernigan, ZHAN Yuan
- Project Team: VedranaPuhalo, JIN Shanliang, Max Peterschmidt, LI Yan, CHEN Rong
- Project Period: 2012-2014
- Size: 42,000 sqm
- Images: Courtesy of LYCS Architecture
Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Article source: Ruca – Rui De Carvalho Architect
The concept of this office is based on the idea of project a space that is directly identified with the company field, so that any visitor immediately realizes that.
Since this is a construction company, all space born from the idea of a built city, which arises from the extrusion of prisms, creating different divisions throughout the space as well the necessary furniture.
- Architects: Ruca – Rui De Carvalho Architect
- Project: Hefei Media Office
- Location: Hefei-Anhui, China
- Client: Anonymous
- Area Surface: 700 m2
- Year: 2012
- Type: Office
- Design: Ruca
- Project Architect: Ruca
- Co-Authors: Arqsize
- Rendering Collaborators: Hélder Freitas
- Building Materials: white lacquered wood, polycarbonate, screens, led, optical fiber
- Software Used: Archicad, Artlantis (rendering) and Photoshop (post production)