Archive for the ‘Media Centre’ Category
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013
Article source: Wiel Arets Architects
This new building is an office for Schwäbisch Media (Swabian Media), a publishing company active in many facets of traditional and new media. Six protruding glass-walled cubes define and compose the project, with their proportions and dimensions based on the surrounding traditional German fachwerk villas in the city of Ravensburg. These six working areas have been stacked on top of a transparent ground floor, through which access is afforded to each, creating a new urban typology in the center of this medieval city. As the company’s activities were previously scattered throughout the Upper Swabia region, this building brings all 350 employees under one roof.
Image Courtesy © Wiel Arets Architects
- Architects: Wiel Arets Architects
- Project: Schwabisch Media
- Location: Ravensburg, Germany
- Type Of Project: Office Building, Headquarters
- Client: Schwäbischer Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Tender date: 2008
- Start on site date: 2009
- Completion date: 2013
- Gross internal floor area: 13500 m2
- Form of contract and/or procurement: General planning contract
- Total cost: € 24.000.000
- Any specific environmental targets eg. Passivhaus, BREEAM, C4SH: DGNB certification, Silver rated
Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
Article source: LYCS Architecture
With the new winning competition entry for the Jiaxing University Library & Media Center, LYCS seeks to break antiquated design conventions by intelligently negotiating contemporary architectural design into the traditional Chinese campus. Surrounded by rich woods and luscious water, the 42000m2 library plays with hierarchy – the hierarchy of multiple, increasingly private spaces; the hierarchy of the pace of spatial experience; and the hierarchy of introversion and extroversion.
Image Courtesy LYCS Architecture
- Architects: LYCS Architecture
- Project: Jiaxing University Library & Media Center
- Location: Jiaxing, China
- Architect of Record: Architectural Planning Design & Research Institute of Zhejiang University ofTechnology
- Project Leader: RUAN Hao, Devin Jernigan, ZHAN Yuan
- Project Team: VedranaPuhalo, JIN Shanliang, Max Peterschmidt, LI Yan, CHEN Rong
- Project Period: 2012-2014
- Size: 42,000 sqm
- Images: Courtesy of LYCS Architecture
Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Article source: Ruca – Rui De Carvalho Architect
The concept of this office is based on the idea of project a space that is directly identified with the company field, so that any visitor immediately realizes that.
Since this is a construction company, all space born from the idea of a built city, which arises from the extrusion of prisms, creating different divisions throughout the space as well the necessary furniture.
- Architects: Ruca – Rui De Carvalho Architect
- Project: Hefei Media Office
- Location: Hefei-Anhui, China
- Client: Anonymous
- Area Surface: 700 m2
- Year: 2012
- Type: Office
- Design: Ruca
- Project Architect: Ruca
- Co-Authors: Arqsize
- Rendering Collaborators: Hélder Freitas
- Building Materials: white lacquered wood, polycarbonate, screens, led, optical fiber
- Software Used: Archicad, Artlantis (rendering) and Photoshop (post production)
Thursday, March 22nd, 2012
Article source: Liong Lie
The slogan of Media Plaza is “innovation leads to inspiration”. This is reflected in the design. We envisioned an environment that stimulates creativity. An environment where people can create their own atmosphere and mood for meetings and presentations.
Entrance of Media Plaza with custom made interior in soft sinuous lines
- Architects: Liong Lie Architects
- Project: Media Plaza
- Location: Utrecht (in the Jaarbeurs complex), The Netherlands
- Program: Congress centre Media Plaza, 1 conference room (capacity 700 people) and 7 session rooms (capacity 25/120 people)
- Size: 3000 m2
- Status: Completed September 2008
- Client: Jaarbeurs Utrecht bv
- Company: 123DV architecture & consult bv
- Design team: Roeland de Jong, Jasper Polak, Berry van Empel, Floor Theuns, Jerzy Wozniak, Pawel Garus, Sophie Pfeiffer, Marchien Rijneveld, Monique van der Sande.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012
Article source: Apostrophy’s
The “House Prototype” Design competition for “Baan Lae Saun Fair 2011″ host by Baanlaesaun Magazine, For this year Apostrophys the synthesis server Co.,Ltd., Thai multi-disciplinary design firm presented “Billboard house” the integration of O.D.M. (Outdoor Media) , the representative of “Capitalism” and “House” the basic need of human being. Billboard house inspired form the progression of the capitalism that contributes higher competition on advertising media especially O.D.M (Outdoor Media) which are located around the big cities separately. Sometimes their huge structure causes the visual pollution or harms the neighbor accidentally. However they are still be used in advertising industrial because of several advantages as following.
- Architects: Apostrophy’s
- Project: Billboard House
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Architect Design: Pantavit Lawaroungchok
Sunday, February 5th, 2012
Article source: Martha Franco
Athletica Physio, by Martha Franco Architecture & Design, has been announced as a winner in the 2011 Grand Prix Du Design Awards.
The private physiotherapist’s office is just 1100 square feet in size but Martha Franco Architecture & Design’s role was a big one: to create a unique new brand for Athletica Physio, an all encompassing aesthetic that includes the design of all architectural interventions and interior design, plus furniture and all graphic elements from a logo and signage to business cards and stationary.
Sunday, July 3rd, 2011
Article source: Studio Daniel Libeskind
The Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre for the City University of Hong Kong will provide facilities that will enable the University to become the first in Asia to offer the highest level of education and training in the creative media fields. The Centre will house the Centre for Media Technology and the Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology. Studio Daniel Libeskind is working with Leigh & Orange Architects and expects the building to be completed in 2010.
Media Centre (Image Courtesy Gollings Photography)
- Architects: Studio Daniel Libeskind
- Project: The Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre
- Location: Cornwall Street, Hong Kong
- Competition: 2002
- Completion: 2010
- Client: City University of Hong Kong
Tuesday, June 7th, 2011
Article source: Volta Arquitectos
The brief for the XIII Arquine International Contest asked participants design a Media Park, an ‘environment for free and safe interaction that can also be a space for culture and learning’, much in the tradition of the successful library parks in Medellin, Colombia , while reactivating an emblematic, but semi-abandoned site of Ciudad Juarez, the PRONAF polygon (National Border Program of Mexico), built in 1961 with the intention of attracting people from the neighbor city of EI Paso, Texas. The 1961 project saw two of Mexico’s most prominent architects of the time -Pedro Ramirez Vazquez and Mario Pani-design buildings which in the past 2 decades have become surrounded by parking lots, and eaten by a now decaying mall respectively. More images and description after the break.
- Architects: Volta Arquitectos
- Project: Mediapark
- Location: Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
- Architect Design: Volta Arquitectos & Patrick López
- Project Team: Volta Arquitectos(Eduardo Audirac, Uziel Marrufo, Rafael Ojeda)+ Patrick Lopez+Augusto Arias.
Thursday, April 28th, 2011
Be a building or be a open square- garden. Be in an open outdoor space or be a enclosed space. Internalize the outside or reveal the inside. constant or discontinuous, domestic spaces or urban ones. A place where these contradictions and public-sphere concepts are incorporated. The proposal states the restoration of a XV century church, which is recorded as BIC, in order to create a mediatheque that dynamizes and stimulates San Cristóbal de La Laguna´s central core. The intervention establishes a programmatic floor and a luminous roof.
San Agustin Media Center
- Architects: SIC Arquitectura - Esaú Acosta, Mauro Gil-Fournier, Miguel Jaenicke
- Project: San Agustin Media Center. 1º price
- Location: San Cristobal de La Laguna, Tenerife
- Typology: Rehabilitación
- Client: Ayto. de La Laguna
- Year: 2005- en progreso
- Coauthor: Pedro Colón, Raquel Buj
- Team: Fhecor, PGI Ingenieros, Carlos Alonso