Archive for the ‘Meeting House’ Category
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Article source: Encore Heureux architectes
Hutchinson opened its 507 Fab House a year ago. This research and innovation center is located at the group’s historic factory in Chalette-sur-Loing, two hours south of Paris. The architecture office of Encore Heureux undertook a complete renovation of this building, whose metal framework was designed and built by Gustave Eiffel in 1869.
The 507 Fab House is a High-tech and digital place but Hutchinson wanted it to be simple, convivial, warm, modular and different. The building’s exterior is intentionally understated to blend into the industrial environment.
Image Courtesy © Cyrus Cornut
- Architects: Encore Heureux architectes (Julien Choppin and Nicola Delon)
- Project: 507 Fab House
- Location: Rue Gustave Nourry, 45120 Châlette-sur-Loing, France
- Photography: Cyrus Cornut, Philippe Rouault and Rémy-Pierre Ribière
- Client: Hutchinson (Aurore Bardon, Director of the 507 project and Christian Leys, construction manager)
- Project manager: Margot Cordier, assistée de Jordan Weisberg & Ariane Francescato
- Program manager: François Guiguet (Aubry et Guiguet Programmation)
- Interior design for the kitchen and the Hut: Véronique Bertholon
Friday, May 26th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Surrounded by residential towers and infrastructure, the site for the Bao’an Public Culture and Art Center presents several challenges. Mecanoo reinterpreted these challenges as opportunities, capitalising on the proximity of the new cultural facility to the adjacent Bao’an Central Metro Station and the Binhai School.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: Bao’an Public Culture and Art Center
- Location: Xinhu Road and Chuangye Road, Bao’an District, Shenzhen, China
- Client: Urban Planning, Land & Resources Commission of Shenzhen Municipality, Bao’an Administration
- Programme: Culture and Art Center (49,830m² above ground, 34,290m² underground), including 21,015m² Museum, 16,070 m² Art Gallery, 17,450m² Gallery, 3,170m² sports field, and 23,490m² service area with auditorium, restaurant, art bookstore, meeting room and underground parking
- Size: 84,120m2
- Project Design: 2016
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: h2o architectes
The R buildings concerned by our rehabilitation project are located in the lower part of the site of the Cartoucherie at Bourg-les-Valence, listed as a Historic Monument. The first phase of the work led by the town and the architect Philippe Prost allowed for the rehabilitation of the principal building with its fine architectural qualities and of the courtyard, which were both in a ruinous state. This important building of our heritage was, in 2009, transformed into a place of creation with the opening of a new major center for quality film animation.
Image Courtesy © Myr Muratet
- Architects: H2o architects with ID + Engineering
- Project: La Cartoucherie
- Location: The Cartoucherie, Bourg-lès-Valence Commune, France
- Photography: Julien Attard and Myr Muratet
- Commissionner: Community of Agglomerations Valence Romans South Rhône-Alpes
- Cost of works: 2 300 000 € HT
- Area: 2,420 m²
- Dated: Delivered 2016
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: Sunil Patil & Associates
Circuit house is a government public building which not only accommodates the VIP authorities but also acts as a node for political meetings, government authorities’ discussions and conferences. Usually, circuit houses have large number of visitors and occupancy can vary extremely.
The project site is located in Pune – political hub for western Maharashtra. The project is mainly divided into two parts-
- Accommodation – Guest suites
- Public areas –Conference and meeting hall facilities, Dining, Reception, VIP and visitor’s waiting areas etc.
VVIP Circuit house is designed as green building where planning is derived from vernacular architecture – The shaded courtyard, transition spaces like passages and terraces, jalis in form of louvers carry vernacular ethos in highly contemporary architectural style. Our focus here is to design a climate responsive building with passive strategies for thermal and visual comfort along with innovative active strategies to achieve energy efficient green building, Image Courtesy © Mr. Hemant patil
- Architects: Sunil Patil & Associates
- Project: VVIP Circuit House
- Location: Pune, India
- Photography: Mr. Hemant patil
- Client: Public Works Department, Maharashtra
- Lead Architects: Ar. Sunil patil, Ar. Anuja pandit, Er. Sanjay patil
- Green Building Consultants: Environmental Design Solutions
- Structural Consultants: Dr. A. B. Kulkarni associates, Sangali
- MEP Consultant: Siddhivinayak Mep Consultants, Pune
- Civil Contractors: Shubham Civil Pvt. Ltd, Pune
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: usoarquitectura
Open spaces are the main feature of this project located in Diana Reforma building to encourage communication and team work. In their previous location the areas were divided in too many spaces resulting in the lost of collaboration and synergies.
This architectural project was an interesting challenge because it was developed in two levels with narrow plants combined with large structural elements.
Image Courtesy © usoarquitectura
- Architects: usoarquitectura
- Project: Corporativo en Reforma Diana
- Location: Mexico City
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: META-PROJECT
Unlike the introverted quality of the traditional courtyard house, the owner of this site asked for a variety of mix-use program, including tea house, dinning, party space, office, meeting, as well as dwelling and entertainment. Thecontemporary and sometime “public” program opened up the courtyard to become “extraverted”, so as to induce more human interactions. These required us to break the general understanding of the courtyard as an enclosed typology by introducing the experience of “meandering in the hutongs” into the courtyard, and the interventional approach was derived from the unfolding spatial narrative of hutong life.
West Elevation, Image Courtesy © Su Chen and Chun Fang
- Architects: META-PROJECT
- Project: Courtyard by the West Sea
- Location: West Sea, Beijing, China
- Photography: Su Chen and Chun Fang
- Design Team: Wang Shuo, Zhang Jing, Yaping Wu, Yin Cheng, Qianqian Chang, Han Wang, Guowei Zhang, Tian Lan
- Lighting Consultant: Xiaowei Han
- Area: 800 m2
- Date: April, 2013 – October, 2013
- Status: Construction Completed
Friday, December 16th, 2016
Article source: eichinger offices
A meeting place for programmers at Omicron in Klaus, Austria. We designed it to experience space in a three dimensional way between body & cloud. It is located in an office building designed by Dietrich, Untertrifaller architects.
Image Courtesy © eichinger offices
Wednesday, July 16th, 2014
Article source: NARUSE INOKUMA ARCHITECTS
KOIL (Kashiwa-no-ha Open Innovation Lab) is an innovation center intended to support start-ups of entrepreneurs, promote enterprise developments and stimulate economic activities in Japan. It is a place like a platform where companies and individuals work together beyond a traditional framework and fuse ideas, skills and know-how to produce innovative products and services, which is facilitated and realized by the system with investors’ supports.
Image Courtesy © Masao Nishikawa
- Architects: NARUSE INOKUMA ARCHITECTS
- Project: KOIL – Kashiwa-no-ha Open Innovation Lab, Innovation Floor
- Location: Towa building 303, Ogikubo, Suginami-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Masao Nishikawa
- Date of Completion : 3/2014
- Principal Use : Innovation Office
Image Courtesy © Masao Nishikawa
- Structure : SRC(steel encased rein-forced concrete)
- Total Floor Area : 2576m2 (6F)
- Project planning & production : Mitsui Fudosan Co.,Ltd Loftwork Inc.
- Signage: Art direction LEMONLIFE & CO., Logo design MOTOMOTO inc.
- Construction: NOMURA Co.,Ltd.
Friday, June 6th, 2014
Article source: AZL ARCHITECTS
On the eastern edge of Yangzhou’s new development area and east of the 2500-year-old Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal, Three Courtyard Community Centre stands out from the surrounding newly completed call centres, glass office blocks, and farmers’ villages. The Community centre’s programme calls for recreation, dining, and meeting spaces for the surrounding residents and employees.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: AZL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Three Courtyard Community centre
- Location: Jiangsu Province, China
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Project Team: Zhang Lei, Shen Kaikang, Yang Hefeng
- Collaborator: Yangzhou City Planning & Design Institute
- Project Area: 1900 sqm
- Project year: 2008-2009
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
Article source: heneghan peng architects
- Meeting rooms inspired by Airbnb listings around the world channeled into individual pods dotted around the otherwise open plan office. Each pod has windows on two walls to allow for uninterrupted views of the office.
- A dynamic and flexible work environment – including a meeting room, modeled after an Amsterdam apartment, which can be split into two separate spaces.
Image Courtesy © Ed Reeve
- Architects: heneghan peng architects
- Project: Airbnb’s European operations hub
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Photography: Ed Reeve
- Opening: April 4, 2014
- Project Principal: Shih-Fu Peng, Roisin Heneghan
- Size: 2000 sqm