Archive for the ‘Music Centre’ Category
Friday, April 27th, 2018
Article source: WSDG Walters-Storyk Design Group
A global research university with over 24,000 students, Drexel University is one of America’s 15 largest private universities and ranks among the country’s top 100 institutes of higher learning. “Student response to Drexel’s unique Music Industry program has grown exponentially since it was introduced in 2001,” says Allen Sabinson, dean of Drexel’s Westphal College of Media Arts & Design. “We recognized the need to expand the popular recording, mixing, production facility to effectively support the two tracks of our popular Music Industry programs Recording Arts & Music Production (RAMP) and Music Business. In the spring of 2017, after a $4.5 million fundraising campaign, Drexel engaged WSDG Walters-Storyk Design Group to design its 21st -Century audio production and education complex.
Drexel_Ext, Image Courtesy © WSDG Walters-Storyk Design Group
- Acoustic Consultants: WSDG Walters-Storyk Design Group
- Project: Music Production/Business Edu Complex in Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Monday, January 8th, 2018
Article source: v2com
Newsam Construction and MXMA Architecture & Design are proud to announce the rebirth of the former RCA Victor Studio in the St-Henri district, in Montreal. La Hacienda Creative, a leading Canadian sound creation studio, becomes the new tenant of the emblematic 5,000 sq. ft. (465 m²) space. In breathing new life into the building, Paul Schapira, head of Newsam Construction, and Maxime Moreau, founding architect of MXMA Architecture & Design, have succeeded in paying homage to its historic past, while envisioning a vibrant future.
Image Courtesy © Annie Fafard
Monday, November 27th, 2017
Article source: De Zwarte Hond
Stimulating Zinder culture cluster gives Tiel a positive boost
Tiel’s new culture building, “Zinder”, is situated between the city centre and the river Waal. The new culture cluster pulsates and stimulates and invites the inhabitants of Tiel and the surrounding area to participate. Music or dance lessons, follow a painting course, borrow books, rehearse with your band and go to a pop concert, it’s all happening in Zinder. De Zwarte Hond, commissioned by Koninklijke VolkerWessels, was responsible for the architectural, urban and landscape design.
Image Courtesy © De Zwarte Hond
- Architects: De Zwarte Hond
- Project: Zinder Cultural Center
- Location: Tiel, Netherlands
- Client: VolkerWessels Bouw & Vastgoedontwikkeling Midden bv
- Collaboration: Felixx Landscape Architects & Planners
- Surface Area: 22.500 m2
- Period: 2012 – 2017
Monday, November 6th, 2017
Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
Odeon gives the people of Funen an international-class theatre and concert venue. Since 1 March, the 32,000 m² cultural venue has included theatre, concerts, art exhibitions, communal meals and public events. This will be celebrated enthusiastically during the next week, when more than 100 events will take place at Odeon.
Image Courtesy © Kirstine Mengel
- Architects: C. F. Møller Architects
- Project: Odense Music and Theatre
- Location: H. C. Andersen Quarter, Odense, Denmark
- Photography: Kirstine Mengel, S++ren Lykke B+, Jens Wognsen
- Client/PFI Group: Odense Municipality (initiators and users), The Carl Nielsen Academy of Music (users), C. Andersen Congres Centre A/S (owner, operator and user)
- Engineers: COWI A/S and Anders Chr. Gade (acoustics)
- Collaborators: Maths Nystrøm (theatre technics), Focus Advokater I/S (legal advice), Nykredit (finances)
- Size: 18500 m2
Wednesday, October 18th, 2017
Article source: Studio Becher
Perched on the beautiful Branich hill in Schriesheim near Heidelberg, this music room with roof terrace for a violinist offers an unforgettable panorama of the Upper Rhine Valley and the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, with Speyer Cathedral in the far south, and Biblis nuclear power station in the north.
Image Courtesy © Studio Becher
- Architects: Studio Becher, London; Joachim Schuhmacher, Schriesheim (site architect)
- Project: A MUSIC ROOM
- Location: Schriesheim, Germany
- Structural engineer: Ingenieurbüro Thulke, Mannheim
- Timber construction: Georg Grüber, Schriesheim
- Windows and joinery: Armin Dremel, Schriesheim
- Render system: Vasco Pereira, Schriesheim
- Contract value: €90’000
- Gross internal area: 23m2
- Project duration: 2013-2015
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Made in Earth
The project originates from a partnership between Made in Earth and Terre des Hommes Core Trust, an ONG which takes care of children in troubles (abandoned or orphans, disabled or abused), giving them a home, an education and possibly following till and through the employement age.
MiE and TdH share a strategy made of small interventions to be spread all over the region, so to create a network capable to multiply the positive effects of each one.
Image Courtesy © Made in Earth
- Architects: Made in Earth
- Project: Casa Rana and Music and Art Centre
- Location: Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Donor: Ms. Daniela Schmid
- Made in Earth design team: Giancarlo Artese with Flavia Scognamillo, Alessandro Turchi
- Cost: 60000 €
- Area: 430 sqm
- Design-construction: 2012-2016
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017
Article source: Studio PLP Co., Ltd.
Creative adaptations, a beautiful mess and plenty of great fun are the playful combination reflected in this building, designed by Studio PLP Co., Ltd.
SOI 16 is a pub and music venue in the famous night life street known as Walking Street in Pattaya, Thailand. Influenced by the essence of Thai architectural design, triple- gables are used as the main structure of the building, along with clay roof tiles lining the front gable. The check and stripy façade, borrowed from the pattern of the Pa Kao Ma (traditional Thai sarong), plays well with the mess of electricity wires in front of the site.
Image Courtesy © W Workspace
- Architects: Studio PLP Co., Ltd.
- Project: SOI 16
- Location: Walking Street, Pattaya, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace
- Construction: CH.RUNGSANG CONSTRUCTION CO.,LTD.
- Light & Acoustic Engineer: Kobboon Hansen
- Area: 850 m2
- Project Year: 2017
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: WSDG-Walters Storyk Design Group
55TEC Recording Studios represents a new level of production sophistication for China. A significant investment in world-class design and top-flight technology, the studio was created by WSDG – Walters-Storyk Design Group, leading acousticians, studio and systems designers. Studio owner and Golden Melody Award-winning recording engineer, Li You joined forces with Wu Yongheng, (AKA Bei Bei, China’s top drummer and, record producer), and with leading pro audio exec. Lizzy Zhou, to address China’s rapidly expanding desire for pop and rock music.
Image Courtesy © Mills Xu
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Article source: Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
The House of Music of Pieve di Cento was born out of the desire to create structures and spaces suitable for two programs: concert promotion and musical teaching in the municipality: the Music Society of Pieve and a Middle School with musical emphasis.
Image Courtesy © Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
- Architects: Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
- Project: Casa della Musica
- Location: Pieve di Cento, Bologna, Italy
- Area: 500 Sq. M
- Project Team: Federico La Piccirella (project manager), Arianna Balboni, Francesco Galli, Valentino Gareri, Mirco Bianchini, Clelia Zappalà
- Project coordination: Mario Cucinella, Marco Dell’Agli
- Mechanical Design: Ing. Riccardo Giannoni
- Mechanical: Ing. Danilo Facchini
Thursday, May 4th, 2017
Article source: v2com
This Contemporary Music Centre (SMAC) is a musical complex consisting of two auditoriums of very different kinds and recording studios, linked by a public space called the deck, running from one side of the building to the other. It is designed on the principle that, instead of being mere consumers of entertainment, people can construct their own evening by moving from one place to the other.
Image Courtesy © André Morin
- Architects: Hérault Arnod architectes
- Project: Modern Music Centre
- Location: Évreux, France
- Photography: André Morin
- Client: Évreux municipality
- Project Manager: Camille Bérar
- Fluids: Inex
- Structure: Batiserf
- Economist: Michel Forgue