Archive for the ‘Office space’ Category
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The groundbreaking ceremony for Oceanwide Center was held on Thursday, 8 December, marking the start of construction on one of the most pivotal urban projects in San Francisco’s recent history. Situated in the rapidly changing Transbay Area of San Francisco, close to Market Street and the financial district, this transit-oriented development is at the core of downtown San Francisco.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners / Heller Manus Architects
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Oceanwide Center
- Location: San Francisco, United States of America
- Photography: Foster + Partners Heller Manus Architects
- Client: Oceanwide Center
- Collaborating Architect: Norman Foster, Stefan Behling, David Summerfield, Michael Wurzel, Morgan Fleming, Armstrong Yakubu, Bassem Fawwaz, Michael Powers, Tillmann Lenz Piers Heath, Nathan Millar, Jens Kaarsholm, Kadri Kaldam, Jean-Francois Lemay, Simone Martin, Liam Alsop, Ignacio Amunategui, Christos Antonopoulos, Elina Christou, Andrew Dabomprez, Eva Diu, Eleonora Rosselli, Tandorn Prakobpol, Steven Ascensao, Belen Lopez Barrera, Stefano Corsi, Umberto Guareschi, Dovydas Kunsmonas, Lulu Yang, Parul Singh Jio Fish, Jose Garcia Gallardo, Karim Anwar, Quiddale O Sullivan, Radu Ionut Boeriu, Samson Simberg, Sigita Burbulyte, Miguel Munoz, Oliver Mould
- Land Use Attorney: Reuben Junius & Rose
- Structural Engineer: Magnusson klemencic Associates
- Mechanical Engineers:
- Foster + Partners
- Taylor Engineering
- Engineering Enterprise
- Civil Engineer: BKF
- Landscape Consultant: Gustafson Guthrie Nichols
- Façade Consultant: Heintges & Associates
- Acoustic consultant: Wilson Ihrig
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Ubisoft’s 400 video game creators located in Quebec City have been settling in to their new workspaces since last May. An ambitious relocation project, the design of this new studio was done in an integrated way under the direction of the firm Coarchitecture, mandated by Ubisoft Quebec for this architectural challenge. The lighting of these new spaces, designed to encourage creative projects, was at the heart of the conception and LumiGroup’s expertise was called upon to achieve all the of the project’s objectives, including the importance of creating an efficient, dynamic, and inspiring living environment, representative of Ubisoft’s DNA.
Absolux Lighting: Kube, Image Courtesy © Jonathan Robert
- Manufacturer: LumiGroup
- Project: Ubisoft Quebec
- Architects: Coarchitecture
- Location: 585 Boulevard Charest E #200, Quebec city, QC, Canada
- Photography: Jonathan Robert
- Client: Ubisoft
- Engineer: LGT inc.
- Lighting: LumiGroup
- Lighting Manufacturers: Absolux Lighting, Barbican, Castor Design, Lightheaded, Delray, Flos, FontanaArte, Luceplan, MP Lighting, Nora Lighting, Osram Sylvania, Solavanti, Visioneering
- Budget: 4 million (total budget)
- Completion: May 2016
Friday, January 6th, 2017
Article source: gmp · von Gerkan, Marg and Partners Architects
gmp completes new office complex in China
The OnCube office complex has been completed on the industrial site of the Caohejing company in Shanghai to plans by the architects practice von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp). The design of the new building has been derived from the basic theme of a square – both in its outer appearance and in its details and landscaping. The strictly geometric double grid of the facade provides a sophisticated visual three-dimensional effect. This gives the solid office block lightness and, within its heterogeneous surroundings, makes it into a landmark that is conspicuous in its precision.
Elevation, streetview, Image Courtesy © Hans-Georg Esch
- Architects: gmp · von Gerkan, Marg and Partners Architects
- Project: Caohejing “OnCube”
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: HG Esch
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Nikolaus Goetze with Magdalene Weiss
- Project manager: Sun Yajin
- Scheme design team: Cai Lei, Lin Yi, He Yanping, Zhang Yan, Christina Mann
- Detailed design scheme: Cai Lei, Chen Jingcheng, Fang Min, Liu Yite, Di Miao-Weichtmann, Katharina Schneider, Florian Wiedey
- Partner office in China: SIMEE
- Client: Shanghai Caohejing Hi-Tech Park Development Corporation
- GFA: 38,503 m² (above ground), 18,080 m² (underground)
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016
Article source: DesignAgency
When VICE Media — the world’s preeminent youth media company— needed a new Toronto bureau — having expanded from 50 to over 150 people in over a year— they engaged DesignAgency because the two companies share a common core: both are cross disciplinary, collaborative and creative. VICE asked for a space that reflects their strong brand, and exudes the youthful energy that they are famous for. Attuned to the needs of its client, DesignAgency infused a decommissioned factory with the informal, relaxed vibe of a classic cigar lounge, then stealthily layered technology, lighting and sound equipment throughout. The results are instrumental for the VICE team to produce their multi-platform content, while allowing the open-plan space to play triple duty as a day-to-day working environment, a film and recording set and a showpiece that speaks to the personality and values of the company.
As visitors enter, they are immediately immersed in the world of VICE with unexpected touches, including a softly glowing, neon sign, Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: DesignAgency
- Project: VICE Toronto
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Photography: Adrien Williams
- Client: Vice Media
- Size: 24,500 sq.ft
- Completion Date: 2016
Tuesday, November 29th, 2016
Article source: Nefa Architects (Nefaresearch)
Gazeta.ru is one of the oldest news agencies in Russia. Owned by a large media holding Rambler&Co, the editorial office of Gazeta.ru was relocated to Danilovskaya Manufactura, a 19th century former manufacture building, to join other subdivisions of the media group.
Business goal. The challenge was to create a comfortable and multifunctional work space for a journalists’ team that included areas for different activities – zones for concentrated work along with various meeting and social spaces.
Image Courtesy © Ilya Ivanov
- Architects: Nefa Architects (Nefaresearch)
- Project: Gazeta.ru news agency office
- Location: Danilovskaya Manufactura, Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Ilya Ivanov
- Client: news agency Gazeta.ru
- Chief Architect: Dmitry Ovcharov
- Authors Team: Dmitry Ovcharov, Elena Potemkina
- Architects: Maria Nasonova, Margarita Kornienko
- Chief Engineer: Sergey Kurepin
- Project Management: Daria Turkina, Maria Boyko
- Visualization: Dmitry Tridenov, Rustam Yusupov
- Lighting Designer: Varvara Shchetinina (THIRTEEN STUDIO)
- General Contractor: «Шафран»(Shafran)
- Area: 600.0 sqm
- Year: 2016
Saturday, November 26th, 2016
Article source: Bean Buro
Bean Buro completes an unprecedented workplace consisting serviced offices and co-working spaces that allows members complete freedom to adjust their office space and duration according to their evolving needs. Office bookings can be made as easy as booking a hotel, for stays as short as one day.
Located at Midtown in Causeway Bay in Hong Kong, the project is 33,000sqft over four floors, with a dedicated social floor consists of different types of shared workspaces and a vertical garden by botanical pioneer Patrick Blanc.
Image Courtesy © Bean Buro
- Architects: Bean Buro
- Project: Workplace – The Work Project
- Location: Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China
- Design directors: Kenny Kinugasa-Tsui, Lorène Faure
- Senior architectural designers: Elspeth Lee, Isabel Entrambassaguas
- Architectural designers & assistants: Michelle Ho, Pauline Paradis, Tommy Hui, Gigi Kwong, Abby Liu
- Contractor / Project Management: Winsmart Contracting Co. Ltd
- Branding consultant: Substance
- Scent consultant: Et Projekt
- Focus music consultant: Audio Couture
- Vertical garden consultant: Patrick Blanc
- Client: The Work Project
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: M+R interior architecture
This year (2016) opened the Shapes Experience Center in Utrecht; a presentation space where architects, designers and end-users can be inspired in the field of decorative sheets, ceiling solutions, wall coverings, flooring and lighting. There is an extensive library of samples and collection of books. Also, events and training courses are organized.
The Shapes Experience Center is an initiative of RET interior, Astrimex, Bruijnzeel, Leoxx and Flos. There are also shown products include Rockfon Kronospan, Gyproc and Armstrong.
Image Courtesy © M+R interior architecture
Sunday, September 18th, 2016
Article source: Sunshine PR
The project name takes the same name of a HK movie, which is about chasing dream. For the owner, this name stands for youth, vitality, mutual-aid and dream.
The owner has a strong desire for communication, so he requests that the design style of the whole office space should be communication-encouraging, funny and informal, and he hopes the boundary between working and living within this space to be weakened. Thus, the designer takes container as the design concept, through using industrial elements such as cement, handmade decorative tile, white cement brick and black iron creates an office space full of fun. A wall painting with a big smile warms everybody’s heart and tells everyone to smile to life.
Image Courtesy © OUYANG Yun
- Architects: C.DD
- Project: 6th Floor Rear Flat|Future Town Office
- Location: Foshan, Guangdong, China
- Photography: OUYANG Yun
- Chief Designer: HE Xiao-Ping, LI Xing-Lin
- Project Team: CAI Tie-Lei, YU Guo-Neng, LIANG Yi-Hui, ZENG Xiang-Ru, HE Liu-Wei
- Construction Company: Ji Mu Engineering
- Main Materials: Solid teakwood, cement, handmade decorative tile, black iron, white cement brick
- Area: 184㎡
- Completion Time: 2015
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Flavio lembert architecture
This project is the firm headquarters of an insurance company, specifically the directors two floors.
The main concepts used in the project were visual permeability, use of recycled and natural materials mixed with green pots.
The total area of this two floors is about 550 square meters and it was concluded in 2014.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Liotti
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Fokkema & Partners Architecten BV
At the 5th floor of the new skyscraper ‘De Rotterdam’, Fokkema & Partners designed a new office for the international trade company Nidera. The interior celebrates the scale and character of the building, but above all it identifies with the characteristics of the company, where ‘bold’ and ‘corporate’ meet.
Image Courtesy © Horizon Photoworks
- Architects: Fokkema & Partners Architecten BV
- Project: Nidera
- Location: Wilhelminakade 177, 3072 AP Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Horizon Photoworks
- Architect Exterior O.M.A.
- Client: Nidera
- Size: 4.500 m2
- Start Date: January 2015
- Completion Date: November 2015