Article source: AMOO and Arquitecturia Camps Felip
The Filmax Cinemas in Gran Vía, located within the Gran Vía 2 shopping centre, opened their doors 15 years ago, with this business model’s boom, which is based on leisure and mass consumption, and it led to fi lling the urban centres with a multitude of shopping centres, combining shops, restaurants and multi-screen theatres. After this golden age and before the paradigm shift, the client seeks a project to straighten up the cinemas by reducing their dimension, optimising their functioning and offering an experience which goes beyond what happens inside the room.
- Architects: AMOO and Arquitecturia Camps Felip
- Project: Filmax Cinema Hall
- Location: L’hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Client: Multicines Pedrosa S.A.
- Main contractor: Construcciones Barcelona 175, S.L.
- Gross area: 640,00 m2
- Tender date: June 2015 – December 2015
- Start on site date: April 2016
- Completetion date: June 2016