Archive for the ‘Penthouses’ Category
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017
Article source: J.M.Bonfils & Associates
The concept consisted in lifting key contextual elements – traditional building material and Lebanese gardens –and revives them with contemporary interpretations. So conventional wood and dark stone found an unexpected contrast in vivid red metal, and space-efficient vertical gardens replaced their horizontal predecessors. These elements complement the diversity of the surrounding context. While it looks like a simple geometric shape from afar, the structure consists of three parallel elongated blocks each with a unique identity that’s revealed on approach, while a cantilevered section that extends out towards the street emphasizes the building’s partly public function, a contemporary art gallery that occupies the ground floor to introduce a cultural and commercial element to the project.
Image Courtesy © Art Director Kinan Mansour
- Architects: J.M.Bonfils & Associates
- Project: East Village
- Location: Mar Mikhael, Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: Art Director Kinan Mansour, Director Chadi Younes and Wael Khoury Photography
- Lead Architects: Jean-Marc Bonfils
- Architects: Marwan Matta & Lea Ksayer
- Structural Engineers: Rodolphe Mattar
- M.E.P Engineers: Kamal Sioufi & Associates
- Contractors: Kfoury Contracting & Engineering
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 8000 sqm
- Completion Year: 2015
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Article source: Paula Martins Arquitetura, Interiores e Detalhamento
This old three story penthouse has been fully remodelled from a terrible condition, and is now perfect for a family with children. The apartment faces Guanabara’s Bay and comes with an astonishing view of Rio de Janeiro, Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer. Most of the original walls have been demolished and the areas rearranged, creating more open spaces, and meaning each bedroom now has its own en-suite bathroom. The dark interior and heavy atmosphere have been completely replaced by beautiful light and open space. The facades and roof are insulated, and all the outside walls covered with tiles to avoid constant maintenance.
Image Courtesy © Denilson Machado (MCA Estudio)
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Infiniski
Putting together two small penthouses duplex gave us the opportunity to reorganize and treat the resulting space as a non-urban single family house.
This way it’s divided into a floor for night programme and another one for common day areas. These include an exterior prolongation in a terrace, treated as a garden to enhance the “single family house” sensation despite being in the city. Wood is used on floors, walls and ceilings as a natural material from rural houses.
Image Courtesy © Matías Pérez Illeras
- Architects: James & Mau
- Project: Duplex Santa Engracia
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Matías Pérez Illeras
- Built meters: 150m2
- Year: 2010
Sunday, November 6th, 2016
Article source: RENESA ARCHITECTURE DESIGN INTERIORS
Renesa Architecture Design Interiors have recently completed an interiors project for a penthouse(The PentHaus) in Gurgaon.
The basic design requirement as per the client was to divide the floor plates in the penthouse on the basis of public and private relationship.(With the public interaction and services on the lower level with the private interface on the upper level).
The design philosophy as dictated and understood was on the lines of contrast in colors with the play of art and decorative pieces highlighting the depth in the detailing of the accessorization of the whole scale model.
Image Courtesy © Vibhor Yadav
- Architects: RENESA ARCHITECTURE DESIGN INTERIORS
- Project: The PentHaus
- Location: Gurgaon, New Delhi, India
- Photography: Vibhor Yadav
- Sanjay Arora: Founder| Principal Architect
- Sanchit Arora: Studio Head Architect Concept Design Head | Graphic Design.
- Vandana Arora: Interior Designer| Decor Head
- Virender Singh: Studio Technical Head| Architectural Assistant
- Contractors: Mr. Umesh Mehta (Star Construction)
Thursday, October 20th, 2016
Article source: i.house Architecture & Construction
Optimizing the home owner’s aesthetic personality and bringing more green and most relaxing space are the criteria set out for the architects. Based on a current land-site that is cramped and limited in size (90sqm/floor), the architects have used a variety of solutions from creating floor-through space, omitting unnecessary rooms/space, fully maximizing the beautiful views of the urban township and laying unique green parts (garden stands).
For the Penthouse apartment, a contemporary design style was applied in combination with the use of several selected, classic industrial-style furnitures.
Image Courtesy © Le Hoang
- Architects: i.house Architecture & Construction
- Project: Penthouse Ecopark
- Location: Penthouse 2403 – A1 – Ecopark – Hung Yen, Vietnam
- Photography: Le Hoang
- Architect in Charge: Chu Ngoc Anh
- Architects team: Le Canh Van, Dang Huy Cuong, Tran Vu Hoang
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 250m2
- Completion Year: 2016
Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
Article source: Fernanda Marques Arquitetos Associados
A haven for a young couple of art collectors and their two children to relax, coexist in harmony with their collection of works of art and design and feel at home in, right in the centre of London.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra
- Architects: Fernanda Marques Arquitetos Associados (Fernanda Marques)
- Project: LONDON II
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- Contractor: 8 Build
- Area: 830m²
- Start date: 2014
- Completion date: 2015
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
This Luxury Penthouse is located on the top floor of low-rise condominium in Hua Hin, The coastal resort town by the Gulf of Thailand. The apartment is designed as a vacation house for a single family, an escape from the crowded capital city. The client’s brief is for a flexible and open-plan living space in combination with a series of sea-view bedrooms that reflect modern living standards. Ayutt and Associates design (AAd) is trying to create a harmonious meeting point between sky and sea, overlooking the breathtaking infinity beach.
Image Courtesy © Soopakorn Srisakul and Ayutt Mahasom
- Architects: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
- Project: Hua Hin Penthouse – HHP
- Location: Penthouse, level 8th, Hua Hin condominium, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
- Photography: Soopakorn Srisakul and Ayutt Mahasom
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3D Max, Photoshop, Sketch up
- Lighting designer: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
- Lead designer: Ayutt Mahasom
- Area: 350 sq.m.
- Project Year: 2016
Sunday, September 4th, 2016
Article source: v2com
The architectural interiors project for the penthouse sp_penthouse sought to attend to the demands of the program with the minimal division of space possible, shaping spatial continuity and amplitude for the apartment. Infinite circulations accentuate the fluidity between the spaces and configure functional pathways – of a clear understanding to the residents and their guests. Large corridors are also used here as galleries for the clients’ art collection and objects as well as pleasant architectural spaces, and not solely hallways.
Image Courtesy © Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen
- Architects: Studio Mk27
- Project: Sp_Penthouse
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen
- Software used: AutoCAD
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: The Turett Collaborative
TCA has had a lot of experience connecting smaller apartments together into a seamless whole, but this adventurous client requested something we’d never seen before. In a newly constructed multi-residential development, in the East Village of NYC, TCA had the opportunity to meet a unique client’s desire to combine two penthouse condos… with a helical slide. In this transformation, two identical 1-bedroom units, one atop the other, were combined into a duplex 2-bedroom home with the option to descend in the usual way on a new Italian-made “Rintal” stair, or more speedily, in a seated position, careening through the new double-height atrium.
Image Courtesy © Travis Mark Photography
- Architects: The Turett Collaborative
- Project: East Village Penthouse
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Travis Mark Photography
- Software used: Vectorworks and Revit
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016
Article source: v2com
KNOF design (based in London and founded by New York designer Susan Knof) has completed its first major commission: the remodelling of a spectacular 360° penthouse in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia, uniting two separate apartments into a single 3,600 sq ft space. The new, one-storey penthouse features floor-to-ceiling glazing all the way round and offers its owners incredible panoramic views over the city and adjacent mountains with all the benefits of continuous natural light, from sunrise through to sunset.
Image Courtesy © Assen Emilov
- Architects: KNOF design
- Project: Penthouse on the Park
- Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Photography: Assen Emilov